Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Unless something goes awry I will be buying one of these tomorrow. I am not sold on the RMEF marketing pushing it for its intended purpose, just want a quality 10mm for some crazy reason. I thought this might be a keeper. Thoughts?

GB1

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
With it's round butt and no light rail, I would say it is much better suited for CC than "Camp Guard". Since most problems with animals, both two and four legged, occur at night I would rather have a handgun with a rail to put a light/laser on for "camp" duty...

I just got onto the 10mm bandwagon last year. One of those purchased was a Kimber Stainless Target II... Has been an EXCELLENT shooter so far. Only reason I would never buy a Camp Guard is I just don't care for checkered frontstraps....

Nice gun...have a great time with it...

Bob

ps...it also has no night sights.... While not really important for CC or general shooting for "camp guard" purposes when used in low light conditions is critical...also it is really easy to find ones gun at night in a dark tent with night sights...

Last edited by RJM; 06/16/17.

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
It has tritium sights and like I said in my post I was not going to buy it just to defend a camp smile

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
...you are right... I just saw "Tactical Wedge" and didn't see they were night sights...

I like the gun except for the frontstrap checking....

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I bought a Kimber TLE in 10mm a few months ago. Great shooter, very accurate. I am very pleased with it. Nice gun. The trigger is very good.

I was down at the local fun store yesterday and they had a Camp Guard in the case. I asked to look and was very impressed. Also, a very nice gun. It also had an excellent trigger. Clean, no creep, broke like glass. Ever so slightly better than my TLE. If I didn't already have the one I would be buying that particular Camp Guard....and in agreement, it would be a carry gun.

In my area, the Camp Guards go for a bit more money than the TLE's but both are very nice guns.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Woke up this morning and decided not to bother going to the gunstore. I think I'll just use my performance center 629 for same purpose.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Saw the Camp Guard at SHOT show. Great concept, but poor execution. Why anyone puts fixed sights on a 10mm, which has obvious hunting potential...especially in a "camp" gun is beyond me. Clearly a cost saving measure. Love the rounded heel. A lanyard hole would have been cool and somewhat nostalgic for a camp gun. I can see the need for a light rail, but am not a fan of them on 1911's. Adjustable night sights would have been a good compromise. Ambi safety should be required on any gun considered for protection...another cost saving measure.

Good news is that manufacturers are seeing the 10mm demand and offering new options.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm almost the exact opposite. I don't want an ambi, fixed sights are fine as long as they are properly regulated, and I don't like the round butt treatment. I guess that's why it's hard to make one product to please everyone.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by K1500
I'm almost the exact opposite. I don't want an ambi, fixed sights are fine as long as they are properly regulated, and I don't like the round butt treatment. I guess that's why it's hard to make one product to please everyone.

There was something about it that ultimately turned me off about it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 11 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 821 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.