Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
When i was working for SWBTelephone,I was walking from my truck to a side wall terminal,on the way,the sprinklers had just cut off.I was walking on about a 45% inline,so in my mind I told myself to get back on level ground until I found the sw terminal,I took a step, slipped and fell.On the way down I heard a loud pop,after I layed there for a minute,my leg was hurting like HELL.When I looked down my right foot was at a 90% angle facing away from center.I crawled to my truck,hopped up on 1 leg,used my phone to call my boss and tell her waht happened.She arrived about 25minutes later and took me to the hospital emergency room and I waited for 2 1/2 hours to see a doctor.He sent me to the back of the hospital to have my leg xrayed.Then they sent me back to the EM room,he looked at the xray and said I fractured my ankle and broke both bones in my leg.Then we had to find a orthopedic doctor that accepted on the job accidents,work mans comp.Finally found 1 in Carrollton and he said to rush right over because it was 552 PM.He looked at the xrays and said all he could do right then was put my leg in a soft cast until he could scheduel me for surgery.
After 2 days I was finally operated on,he put in 2 plates and 13 screws.3 weeks after surgery my leg felt like it had a fever and itched like HELL.I called him and he said t come right in,which I did.When he cut the cast off,there was a very foul odor in the room,he told me to call my wife,that I was going back into surgery in about 30 minutes.I had the start of a staph infection.When I woke up from surgery he came in and said things did not look good,if it did not show marked improvement in 2 days he was going to have to cut my leg off about 4 inches under my knee.After he told me this and my wife went home, I cried and PRAYED,me and the GOOD LORD HAD A VERY LONG TALK,Thanks to him, it started coming around after a day and half.I was able to go home after 8 days.I only lost 11% movement of my ankle,at least I still have it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just heard this one 2 days ago. The nearest recycling center near my work, is walking distance and a few guys stop in to chat on the way in to work. I heard one of thier guys was cutting up scrap, and the saw jumped and landed across his wrist. His hand landed on the floor, and he didn't even notice until he saw all the blood. He is at the hospital now.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I dislocated my shoulder in high school playing dodge ball.

Was running across the court and stepped on a ball in full stride. Went dont on my left shoulder and put it out.

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
This is a story only previously told to family...by my wife. Our house had a badly clogged drain that I decided to fix myself, mistake #1. I rented a motorized roto rooter thing and climbed a ladder to the roof w/ the thing and proceeded to clean the drain and cover myself w/ what might have been schidt. The drain was clear and I was feeling all macho and prepared to descend the ladder while guiding the wheeled apparatus holding it by the axle, mistake #2.

The crap cleanser rotated on the axle and swung into the service line leading to the house and apparently struck an uninsulated part of what I was later told was a 220 v line. There was a large flash, my right shoulder dislocated which allowed me to drop the rooter and I fell off the ladder.

Below me was a pile of dried grass cuttings and a pile of firewood that I had procrastinated in dealing with, mistake #3. The shower of sparks ignited the fuel and there I was w/ a badly dislocated shoulder and a fire next to my home. I managed to get the fire extinguisher and call my bil to take me to the hospital where the indignity was maximizied.

I was doing my PA residency at the hospital of choice and I arrived in agony wearing nothing but running shorts and shoes and pretty much covered w/ schidt and ashes. I believe an announcement was made over the pa system to summon every one to witness my distress including my wife who worked at the hospital.

By then my shoulder muscles were in spasm and I had get injected with morphine and valium IV to reduce the dislocation while the MD told me I stunk and dressed funny and my wife told me to never touch a tool again.

I pretty much hire people to do stuff now.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Two weeks ago went fishing. Had to wrestle 2 four footers and a 25 pounder to get 'em on the measuring board. Percoset for the last two weeks and just started physical therapy again today. Blew out a disk.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just read a report he other day about how a construction worker got run over by a steamroller.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Watched a girl break her arm playing Red Rover. Kid dropped a coffee can on my head during a school play, required stitches. Brother threw a rock at a yellow jacket that was bothering him, hit me in the head, required stitches. Got in a fight with a kid, he pushed me backwards over his buddy that was bent down behind my legs, knocked me out cold went in to the school office and puked all over the principles desk from the severe concussion I suffered. Another hospital visit. Fell off of the monkey bars, knee hit jaw, teeth went through lower lip, required stitches. Rematch of the fight that caused concussion kid grabbed me in a bear hug and bit a chunk out of my back, required stitches but I ended up winning that fight.

Whats so odd about all of these you ask?

All happened in the fourth grade fall within about a 70 day period.

Don't think i got much for Christmas that year...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
8 or 9 years old, riding on the hay wagon with older, bigger cousins behind grandads tractor. Hay can be slick. Slid off between wagon and tractor. Hit the ground and and jumped forward and out.

High school kid from Garwood did it years later and died.

12 year old childhood aquaintance was touching a truck that hit power lines or used a pole to lift wires. Cant remember the details now. He died. He was a good kid.

Handle not locked down on a squeeze chute can take a jaw or nose off.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Watched a young man nearly sever 2 fingers using a table saw. Only held on by ligaments. Odd part was the blade didn't get him, the piece of Lexan he was cutting kicked back and he held his hand up to protect his face as it started happening. Lexan came off the top of the blade like a Chinese throwing star.

Protect his face he did...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Take a ride with a young hotshot scout pilot, second mission in SVN. Be amazed as he over reacts to hostile fire and flies thru the top of a very large tree. Be appreciative of the fresh breeze in your face on that hot day as you spit out plexiglas, twigs, limbs and bird chitt. Experience the joy of the most violent vibrations one might imagine as a result of now curved rotor blades. After landing marvel at the 10' of 3" limb skewered thru the belly, fuel cell and cargo compartment overhead. Wonder why the tail stabilizer surfaces are about 40* out of normal alignment. Puzzle about why the minigun is dangling from only one retainer pin. Ask "Who you talking about?" when one of the gunners looks down at you on the ground and says "Oh man, look at that guy!"

Didn't even have to pay for that ride, but did take near two weeks off. Took near that long to wash the chitt out of my flight suit.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]
There's story here. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I was a little tyke making my first efforts to pee in the toilet, the seat fell on my johnson and split it open requiring stitches. I was a little gun shy after that.

About a year later in the same bathroom, I pulled the string to turn on the ceiling light, the globe fell and split my head open requiring more stitches.

When I was 13, I was changing the 36" backhoe bucket to a frost tooth, as I drove the pin out my pinky finger went into the hole replacing the pin and the bucket dropped. More stitches and torn ligaments.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
What doesn't kill us makes us strong.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by jaguartx
... Handle not locked down on a squeeze chute can take a jaw or nose off.

I hate squeeze chutes. Local beef association has a portable chute with palpation cage on back. I am 6'-0" tall. Horizontal cross bar on palpation cage is about 5'-10" to 5'-11". I have a permanent lump on my fore head due to too many "close encounters" with that cross bar. Stars more times than I can count. Set on my butt a couple times. It never budged. I hate squeeze chutes...

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
[Linked Image]
Looking at ironbenders post , forgot about this F"UP. Cutting a tie strap off the Savage 99 after leaving a gunshow,something about never cut towards you? Severed 2 arterys, xpensive mistake.Was not a cut but very deep stab wound.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I spent 2 years working in a busy ER and witnessed the result of many dumbass stunts. It is amazing how many guys present w/ a buzzing [bleep] above the Iliac Crest, must be a Vegas thing.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was wee lad (pre kindergarten days) we were visiting my grandparents back in the Tennessee hills. A couple of my uncles got to tossing me back and forth in the kitchen. The three of us were having a high old time until one of them missed, and I took a header into the corner of a cabinet. It split my head open pretty good, and it was clear that stitches were called for. To make things even more interesting there was a heavy snow on the ground. The ride into town to get me stitched up included getting stuck in the snow, and being rescued by a neighbor in a Volkswagen Beetle. Even now, over 50 years later, no family gathering is complete with someone recalling the story of when Aaron and Ed were playing football with Rick, and one of them missed.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So far Ringman, a gallon of gasoline, and a lighter are in the lead and by a goodly margin..

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
[Linked Image]
There's story here. wink

Do tell

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Come on, Kingsford, you must have done something, at some time?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,164
Posts18,484,441
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.