Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
[Most people would be happy to be able to pick up an unfamiliar rifle and shoot 0.5 MOA, but you are obviously an exceptional shot and not at all like "most people"..

Did not mean any offense...

Dom's rifle (Ruger Precision) has had the trigger adjusted, wears a 20x SWFA... and we were shooting well developed hand loads at 100 yards at an indoor range. IMHO, most any reasonable shooter could shoot 1/2 MOA with that set up.

My only comment was that I just do not get all the rave over 6.5 Creedmore...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing
[Most people would be happy to be able to pick up an unfamiliar rifle and shoot 0.5 MOA, but you are obviously an exceptional shot and not at all like "most people"..

Dom's rifle (Ruger Precision) has had the trigger adjusted, wears a 20x SWFA... and we were shooting well developed hand loads at 100 yards at an indoor range. IMHO, most any reasonable shooter could shoot 1/2 MOA with that set up.

You obviously read more into my comment than was intended. I wasn't offended by your comment, rather I was complementing you on your skills and success based solely on what you had posted.

It has been my experience that very few people, probably a fraction of 1%, are likely to have the skills to shoot 0.5 MOA groups with an unfamiliar rifle, thus you are obviously an exceptional shot and clearly unlike most people. I think that, as a group, shooters tend to over emphasize equipment and under emphasize the development of skills that only comes via practice, practice, and more practice.

EDIT: I seldom let myself get agitated by what gets posted by the mostly anonymous campfire brethren, unless it is a personal attack. In the case of personal attacks, I just put the campfire brother whose comments I find offensive on "IGNORE" and go blissfully on my way. Life is too short to let a person who is of no consequence to me get under my skin.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 06/13/17. Reason: Added what I'd forgotten to post originally
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing

You obviously read more into my comment than was intended. I wasn't offended by your comment, rather I was complementing you on your skills and success based solely on what you had posted.

It been my experience that very few people, probably a fraction of 1%, are likely to have the skills to shoot 0.5 MOA groups with an unfamiliar rifle, thus you are obviously an exceptional shot and clearly unlike most people. I think that, as a group, shooters tend to over emphasize equipment and under emphasize the development of skills that only comes via practice, practice, and more practice.

EDIT: I seldom let myself get agitated by what gets posted by the mostly anonymous campfire brethren, unless it is a personal attack. In the case of personal attacks, I just put the campfire brother whose comments I find offensive on "IGNORE" and go blissfully on my way. Life is too short to let a person who is of no consequence to me get under my skin.

Good to know you Sir... look forward to future chats.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I go one step further. If someone is offensive to another poster I put the on "IGNORE".

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
There is nothing wrong with the Cringemore if you like the ballistics and the rifles and actions so chambered.
It is a personal choice so doesn't really infringe on the other 6.5 options available as they will all accomplish the same or similar results over usual hunting distances.
I would never own one because I already have hunting rifles that cover the game where that cartridge would be used.

If you like them, go for it. If you don't, you are still making the right choice.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg

Why do you think it was hard to find on the shelf?

Out of ALL the hunters I know NONE owns a Creed.

For that matter I have a 6.5X55 and I've never known anyone who had one either.

Jerry
Huh, you must just hang with a buncha hillbillies or somethin. Three of my coworkers have 6.5 Creeds, two have 6.5x55's and one has a 6.5 Grendel. I recently bought a Creed myself so that makes 7 of us that have a 6.5 mm of some flavor. That's roughly 1/3 of the total workforce so I guess you could say the .264" bore is pretty popular here..

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Huh, you must just hang with a buncha hillbillies or somethin.

C'mon, man, stop sugar-coating it. grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Huh, you must just hang with a buncha hillbillies or somethin. Three of my coworkers have 6.5 Creeds, two have 6.5x55's and one has a 6.5 Grendel. I recently bought a Creed myself so that makes 7 of us that have a 6.5 mm of some flavor. That's roughly 1/3 of the total workforce so I guess you could say the .264" bore is pretty popular here..

Good for y'all.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm really hoping for a .270 Creedmoor....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I'm really hoping for a .270 Creedmoor....

Just don't forget, BC's mean something only to those who shoot game at unethical distances and in unethical scenarios...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The .270 Creedmoûr and tinfoil bullets would be uber skookum!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Stickbow
.270 Creedmoor running 130 Partitions would be an excellent choice for pelvis shooting light to medium game worldwide....

The man was ahead of his time.....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Higbean
The .270 Creedmoûr and tinfoil bullets would be uber skookum!

You just can't find this kind of entertainment anywhere...thanks for the laugh.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like rhymes. Make mine a 204 creedmoor....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Way over bore, the .204 Creedmoor.

Last edited by Higbean; 06/13/17.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
For shore.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
encore!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I really enjoy both 6.5 Creedmoors I've owned. I've also owned a 260, and a 6.5x55. I've taken 31 deer with those 3 over the years. Honestly have not seen a hill of beans difference on game. Both Creedmoors have been more accurate with factory and handloads combined. When I owned the 260 factory ammo was scarce, and the accuracy of the 140 core lokts were dismal at best. The Swede was so so accuracy wise with factory loads. Handloads in the 3/4" range. Both Creedmoors routinely average in the 1/2" territory with factory loads, and sub 1/2" with handloads. The Swede is still my favorite due to its history. Just wish the one I had didn't have so much freebore. The 260 lost its case capacity by having to seat its bullets so deep to run through the magazine. I can easily hit the lands with my Creedmoors and still feed perfect through the factory mags, without spending more money on bottom metal to run aics mags,or wyatts mag box.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm tired of it too! 'Cept Prime Ammo had free shipping Father's Day sale. Ordered a case of creedmoor boolits.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm tired of the 6.5 Creedmore, the 6.5 Creedmoore, the 6.5 Creedmoar, and a few other versions.... The 6.5 Creedmoor is an excellent cartridge though, especially for folks that shoot.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 06/15/17.
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,114
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.