Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sako76
Good! That's what he gets for torturing an animal to death for other peoples pleasure!

]

Like hunting, huh?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
It's the chance you take.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Sako76
Good! That's what he gets for torturing an animal to death for other peoples pleasure!

]

Like hunting, huh?

Good thing nobody hunts with a bow... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sad for the Matador, his family, any youngsters seeing their first bullfight, but as mentioned earlier the risk of death or injury is a big part of the allure of man vs beast. The closest comparison is ironically dangerous game hunting - - most of the time the hunter eats the Cape buffalo but once in a while he or the PH are on the losing end and get the same treatment as the bullfighter.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I recommend Ernest Hemingway's Death in the Afternoon. Its a mostly nonfiction explanation of the details of bullfighting. The roles of the various men. The condensed version, tire and damage the bull's neck muscles so he charges with his head low enough to get the sword into the heart from between the shoulder blades. No Thanks! He has to charge you and miss! I read this book as a young man made me want to try it.

Fast forward to yesterday. I had planned to borrow my neighbor's bull for my cows, next month. Yesterday, the bull decided breeding season comes early this year. He got out, ran through my yard, past my little boys, and through my fence. The bull's owner and I decided to keep him here. It will move our calving up, but I don't think we can keep the bull out now that he found my herd.
Bulls scare me. Faster than me, 10 times my size. So far this bull is calm, for a bull. Generally, I don't want testicles on any animal bigger than a chicken.
I used to want to be a bull fighter, but now I feel like I should be armed in my own yard. Today, we'll move the herd to a pasture far from the house. So far, I like this bull better than the jersey we borrowed last time. That thing was mean, hated me, and didn't respect fences. This new bull got shocked a few times and hasn't touched the fence since.

Last edited by bja105; 06/18/17.

Jason
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
the object in hunting is to get a clean, fast kill. In bullfighting, the object is to stretch it out for a long time. The bull is speared repeatedly in the neck so it's head motion is restricted which protects the matador to some extent. The horses used are covered with thick padding to protect them. This is a fairly recent requirement. Formerly, more horses got killed in the ring than bulls, usually by disemboweling. A day of bullfighting could result in the deaths of 6 bulls and 6 to 8 horses.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
An American was touring Europe where one evening he is having dinner at a fancy restaurant. During his dinner, a big procession occurs whereby a man at an adjacent table is ceremoniously presented with two huge globular shaped items on a golden plate. The tourist, intrigued, asks his waiter what the spectacle was all about.

Waiter: "Senor, those are the testicles from the bull the matador slayed in the ring today. It is a great honor to be served those."

Tourist: "I would very much like to take part in this honor, is there a way I could experience it?"

Waiter: "Si Senor, but we must wait for another bull fight to have the proper ingredients."

A week later, the tourist receives a call from the waiter informing him another bull fight has occurred and he has procured the main ingredient needed. A reservation is set for later that evening.

That night, the tourist is seated at his table and anxiously awaits the ceremony he witness just the week before. The ceremony occurs with all the splendor the tourist remembered, but when the waiter finally reaches his table and presents the golden platter, the tourist is disappointed to see that the testicles he is presented with are tiny in comparison to the ones he saw last week. Saddened, he inquires with his waiter why the difference, which the waiter responds, "Senor, sometimes the matador does not win."

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Back in the early - mid 60's bull fights from Mexico used to be aired in Chicago on regular TV (IIRC on WGN) with nothing censored. Had TV commentators same as regular televised sports, too. Depending on the quality of the Matador's performance he could get awarded an ear, both ears, or both ears and the tail from the bull.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have been to a "bull fight" in Mexico. I left before it was over and it was added to the long list of reasons I will never visit that country again. Once was enough.

As for the original post, my hat is off to the bull for beating the odds and winning.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Uncle had a cow and calf near the house to watch, he had her for many years never a problem, she was even named,
four/five years ago he was in the pen and she nailed him.

Broken ribs, lacerated kidney, he had nearly bled out by the time he got to ER........

they can be bad when they put their mind to it..............

they butchered her the next month.

Aunt Pearl said 'make sure' I want the whole thing ground into burger!?!?

wink PS: don't pizz off Aunt Pearl

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bja105
... The condensed version, tire and damage the bull's neck muscles so he charges with his head low enough to get the sword into the heart from between the shoulder blades. .

It has been years since I watched bullfighting on TV, but every one I ever saw, the final sword thrust was at a standing animal, not charging, but agree the bull has to be worn out to stand with it's head held low.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The bull is more than just worn out. His neck is so badly injured that he can't lift it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tommyd53
Reports say that the Bull's left horn penetrated the Matador's anus and was buried up to the skull. The undertaker is reportedly unable to remove the smile from the deceased's face.

FOAD, A S S H O L E

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Anybody who slowly tortures animals to death for sport/entertainment deserves a horn up his ass. Some sick f^ckers here for sure comparing this to hunting.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Anybody who slowly tortures animals to death for sport/entertainment deserves a horn up his ass. Some sick f^ckers here for sure comparing this to hunting.

Yeah.

It's just totally insane to compare one form of killing animals for sport/entertainment to another.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hunting is killing animals for entertainment?

I don't see it that way.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
And your post after a PH was killed by an elephant

Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Mess with the bull, you get the horn.
I have been a deer hunter for 30 years and have killed over 90 whietail, and a bunch of hogs. And I ate them.

I can't see the attraction of killing these animals in Africa for "trophies."
Glad to see the elephants getting revenge.

What a piece of sheit you are.

That's exactly the first thing I thought when I read his post.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Yeah.

It's just totally insane to compare one form of killing animals for sport/entertainment to another.
Why yes it is. And you'd be one of the first dumb old hypocrites here to condemn some sicko who was found tortring dogs/cats to death in his basement for fun. Like I said, some sick f^ckers here.

Last edited by Blackheart; 06/18/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reports say that the Bull's left horn penetrated the Matador's anus and was buried up to the skull. The undertaker is reportedly unable to remove the smile from the deceased's face.

grow up son

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Really?
What a totally unclassy thing to say...

GMAFB. Are you serious? Do you know what they do to these animals prior to the "Dance"? Obviously, you don't. The deck is stacked heavily against the animal. Fortunately, most always, the meat is consumed at the end. "Bull Fighter" isn't quite an accurate description of a Matador. Piercing the heart of the bull, through the shoulder blades, after an extended blood letting, and weakening of the animal, is the goal. No doubt there is still a lot of danger in what they do. But I don't feel a damn bit sorry for one that the animal gets the best of, before it is destroyed.

do you enjoy a steak, how about a big Mac.? Obviously you have never been to a feedlot or slaughter house. go hug a bunny

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (222ND, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,474
Posts18,529,448
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.