Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The irony is many or perhaps most who condemn bull fighting would take a great emotional satisfaction if you put an ISIS fighter in the ring with an American soldier armed with a sword.

You couldn't do it on US soil. We have this little thing called the 8th Amendment.

And I prefer ISIS dead where we find them.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 06/18/17.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Game animals feel no pain when hit with an arrow and they live only a few milliseconds after such an event. grin

Are you serious?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The irony is many or perhaps most who condemn bull fighting would take a great emotional satisfaction if you put an ISIS fighter in the ring with an American soldier armed with a sword.

Or any number of other types of humans.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Because our culture has become one of victimology, there is much crying for the bull, but the Spanish, IMO are still in the business of celebrating real courage.

If you doubt it, crawl down out of your tree stand (at least in your mind's eye) and get in that ring. It's pretty obvious that the bull has a fighting chance.

Bring on the horns.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Fair Chase Rules, Marquess of Queensberry, that's not fair, you can't do that.................all somewhat subjective..........

B&C Club

FAIR CHASE, as defined by the Boone and Crockett Club, is the ethical, sportsmanlike, and lawful pursuit and taking of any free-ranging wild, native North American big game animal in a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals.

HUNTER ETHICS
Fundamental to all hunting is the concept of conservation of natural resources. Hunting in today's world involves the regulated harvest of individual animals in a manner that conserves, protects, and perpetuates the hunted population. The hunter engages in a one-to-one relationship with the quarry and his or her hunting should be guided by a hierarchy of ethics related to hunting, which includes the following tenets:
1. Obey all applicable laws and regulations.
2. Respect the customs of the locale where the hunting occurs.
3. Exercise a personal code of behavior that reflects favorably on your abilities and sensibilities as a hunter.
4. Attain and maintain the skills necessary to make the kill as certain and quick as possible.
5. Behave in a way that will bring no dishonor to either the hunter, the hunted, or the environment.
6. Recognize that these tenets are intended to enhance the hunter's experience of the relationship between predator and prey, which is one of the most fundamental relationships of humans and their environment.

Applicable laws and regs., improper advantage, local customs, PERSONAL code of behavior, maintain THE skills, no dishonor to hunted, hunter, environment, enhance the hunter's experience of predator and prey.

'Applicable Laws and Regs., kinda straight-forward, but after that the 'Latitude' gets pretty broad...............

And we haven't even stepped into trapping or fishing yet!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sometimes they run in a Smart Bull!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by smokepole
Game animals feel no pain when hit with an arrow and they live only a few milliseconds after such an event. grin

Are you serious?

I forgot to insert sarcasm

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Score. Pissed off enraged injured Bull = 1.
"Sucks to be him" Experienced Matador
Ivan Fandino = 0.
Chance and probability over time, all part of the sport.....

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
"Bull fight" is an inadequate translation for the event. At the heart of it, it is in fact a ritualistic killing to depict the dominance of man over nature, and the Spanish do not apologize for this. In Spain, the corrida is not reported in the sports pages of the newspaper, but rather in the cultural section, much as with the arts in a US paper.

There is much going on in a corrida that those not familiar with the event will not see or understand. There are rules, and as with all rules there are people who break them. The bulls are supposed to be watched before the event by people from the ranch they come from. (A corrida is usually 6 bulls, 3 matadors killing 2 each, and usually all the bulls are from the same ranch.) The bulls are guarded to prevent the them being drugged, their horns shortened or blunted (changing their horns messes them up something like suddenly changing the distance from mound to home plate would screw up a baseball pitcher. Neither the bulls or the pitcher would be as effective.), or putting Vaseline in their eyes to cloud their vision. But, cheating of this sort does occur. Spain is Spain, and matadors don't want to get killed.

It is true the bulls are weakened by the picadores. But if they overly damage the bull by doing more than weakening the neck, they are booed with derision. The banderillas are placed to "adjust" the bull, but also for the matador to watch and determine if the bull comes low, high, right, left, etc., much as one "scouts" an opponent. Sometimes the matador places the banderillas himself. In the middle stages of the "fight" the matador proves his skill and bravery by how close he allows the bull to pass him as he works the cape. When it comes time to kill the bull, the matador uses not a large cape, but a small red one called a muleta. In order to properly kill the bull, the matador must show that he has control of the bull well enough to go in over the horns, exposing himself as he places the sword. If he does not do this, but instead comes from the side, he is booed with derision and is said to have "assassinated the bull."

I write all this not to defend, but to provide context. A corrida properly viewed is about the matador showing his mastery and bravery. It is not about taking pleasure in watching an animal being tortured. But, at the end of the day, it is in fact a ritualistic killing, and it is bloody, it is difficult, and things often go awry. Often, the bull is not killed cleanly. And sometimes, as in this case, people are injured or killed.

How one feels about all this is up to them. But we should at least understand the thing, even if we choose to condemn it. To dismiss it as a crowd of perverted people enjoying an animal being tortured is uninformed.

Hunting is different. Any hunter I respect wants the animal to die as quickly and painlessly as possible. Every animal is going to die. Considering all the ways nature ends life, dying at the hands of a good hunter is one of the most humane for an animal. By definition, the timing is sooner than another way, but the end should be humane. I don't know anyone who wounds an animal for pleasure or to provide an opportunity to practice their tracking skills, and I would not tolerate such a thing. But, as noted already by others, sometimes the killing part of hunting does not go well. When it does not, we should consider our part in why it happened and endeavor to not let it happen again.

Comparing any type of hunting, even dangerous game hunting, to a corrida makes no sense to me.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

Are you serious?

I forgot to insert sarcasm

Lol, just checking.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
Comparing any type of hunting, even dangerous game hunting, to a corrida makes no sense to me.

Only in the sense that they are both a bloodsport.

And in the irony the those that participate in one bloodsport condemn those that participate in another.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Sako76
Good! That's what he gets for torturing an animal to death for other peoples pleasure!

]

Like hunting, huh?

Good thing nobody hunts with a bow... wink

Yep, painless fast death with an arrow, and no loud noise, whats not to like? Some deer even have NO clue they were hit....

But RE bullfighting... purposely slowly killing is something only a physcotic person would do or watch, IMHO. No problem killing the bull, but just do it quickly... YMMV

When I was in NM, I was lion hunting and kept hearing a loud grunting noise. It started off at quite a distance, but seemed to be getting closer and closer as time went on. Directly it came into a clearing I could see and it was a magnificent bull elk. it continued making the horrendous noise, and as it turned, it had blood an offal coming out of it's gut area. Gut shot with an arrow... Probably a couple days past looking at the wound.

I put the bull down and left it where it lay.

As I said. Murphy's law.

Hmm, and gut shot with a rifle they fall right over? Actually on gut shot deer with arrows, once we figured out how to handle a mistake, we never have lost one since... in fact they became pretty easy to find actually... follow the time rule and they are almost alwasy less than 100 yards away dead in the first bed they lay down in... most people never figure that out. Gut shot is still that, regardless choice of weapon. I can't bowhunt on our lease now, not allowed... but we still have a dog. In fact my dog has had to solve way more "lost" deer from guns than from bows... whatever thats worth.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I'm not aware of any hunters who intentionally subject they prey to the same level of suffering as the bull "fighters".

Stick around......it wasn't too long ago that some jack-ass was on here bragging about catching Coyotes with a large treble hook baited with a chunk of meat.

As far as Bull fighting goes, valid points have been made for both sides of the argument but as usual in today's dysfunctional world the best way to solve anything is with a healthy dose of name calling so I'd say we're right on track....carry on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
I'm another one on the side of the bulls.

Jim

Ironically, the anti-hunters would applaud your death if you fell out of a deer stand.

I ain't figured how people have gotten to the point that animal life is more precious than human life. No wonder this world is becoming more and more f&cked

Not going to happen, I don't use tree stands. The part I disagree with is it being a death of many cuts.

Jim

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It wasn't Ivans' first rodeo............

https://youtu.be/FRnkHG5XFgQ

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
haven't been in yrs but enjoy watching the cock fights as well... chicken fights for the pervs.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had heard the bulls that win get put out to pasture and bred, maybe it was that way at one time.

Got no interest in seeing one, I'd be rooting for the bull, the deck being so stacked against them.

I'm far more troubled though by the modern PC mindset that would ban these things.

"Mata" in Spanish in this context refers to "kill" ennit? No tears for the guy here, he chose his game and went out in his prime. There's worse ways to go.

Point of reference, IIRC five competitors died at the Isle of Man motorcycle races when I was there last year, and two this year. There's people want to ban that too.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There's a reason the Muslims aren't invading Spain at present, just as there is a reason they are beginning to invade here.

When people wonder why, all they need do is to read this thread.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm another one on the side of the bulls.

Jim

Ironically, the anti-hunters would applaud your death if you fell out of a deer stand.

I ain't figured how people have gotten to the point that animal life is more precious than human life. No wonder this world is becoming more and more f&cked

Not going to happen, I don't use tree stands. The part I disagree with is it being a death of many cuts.

Jim

Moral superiority is a good place to be. You know, just as anti-hunters are far superior to you.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by tommyd53
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by tommyd53
Reports say that the Bull's left horn penetrated the Matador's anus and was buried up to the skull. The undertaker is reportedly unable to remove the smile from the deceased's face.

Really?
What a totally unclassy thing to say...

GMAFB. Are you serious? Do you know what they do to these animals prior to the "Dance"? Obviously, you don't. The deck is stacked heavily against the animal. Fortunately, most always, the meat is consumed at the end. "Bull Fighter" isn't quite an accurate description of a Matador. Piercing the heart of the bull, through the shoulder blades, after an extended blood letting, and weakening of the animal, is the goal. No doubt there is still a lot of danger in what they do. But I don't feel a damn bit sorry for one that the animal gets the best of, before it is destroyed.

Your an idiot

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 163bc, 1badf350, 219DW, 65 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,489
Posts18,529,748
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.