Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#12101416 06/20/17
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Be interesting to know how long her ancestors have been Americans, hear the story of their part settling and building of the USA.

The Yale University dean criticized for posting Yelp reviews that called people “white trash” is leaving her position, according to a report Tuesday.

June Chu, the dean of Yale’s residential Pierson College, had been placed on leave after her controversial postings surfaced
Yale's college paper, which broke the story about the Yelp reviews, reported on Twitter that Chu was leaving. The report didn't say if she had resigned voluntarily or been fired.
In one review, she cited a restaurant as perfect for anyone who was “white trash.”

"This establishment is definitely not authentic by any stretch of any imagination and perfect for those low class folks who believe this is a real night out," Chu wrote.

In another post, she said she was surprised that a New Haven, Conn., movie theater had a lack of “sketchy crowds.”

Many found her Yelp critiques elitist and offensive.

Pierson College Head Stephen Davis announced Chu was leaving in an email to members of the Pierson community, the Yale Daily News reported.

Davis said a new dean would be named before the fall semester, the college paper reported
In one review, she cited a restaurant as perfect for anyone who was “white trash.”

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2...hite-trash-on-yelp-leaving-her-post.html

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But not a peep from the Yale snowflakes when Hillary called half the country deplorable's.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I've seen the words "white trash" and "trailer trash" used many times on this forum over the years. Lots of elitist snobs here so they shouldn't find this womans words offensive at all. The funny thing is, most of the elitist snobs here can't spell or use punctuation correctly to save their stupid asses.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds like a real snotty biotch. I hope she can't find work.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
there's probably a hierarchy in the social order? lot's of castes in india, and why would it be any different anywhere's else? does some one or group have a lock on verbiage describing various humans who walk the Urth?

peckerwoods down south might ring a bell to some? others might choose to rank red-necks a notch or more above white trash? and is trailer trash lower than folks who choose, or have to live in paste-board boxes under bridges, and then move up into tents on public lands near cities/towns?

there's so much to work out. and then there's true feral human beings, who survive in the wild, and are nothing like the homeless. what about them?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I've seen the words "white trash" and "trailer trash" used many times on this forum over the years. Lots of elitist snobs here so they shouldn't find this womans woman's words offensive at all. The funny thing is, most of the elitist snobs here can't spell or use punctuation correctly (mmm? caught ya' wink ) to save their stupid asses.

well there,interesting points

it's really OK if deplorables call white trash---- white trash.

I live in a trailer (at least for a few more weeks, I have a lot of trash to get rid of before I move out. I can call me trailer trash...... you may not. Until I get to know you.

But not a Dean at Yale University. Even an associate professor would have a hard time getting away with that.

Geno

PS FG, go ahead, you can call me trailer trash if you must. But not white trash, as I'm sorta pinkish tan. At least the parts most folks can see.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Suppose she would take offence if a white trash person refereed to her as a chink, or a yellow gook slope?
She's go completely hysterical.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
having been in and around new haven a bunch, i think she knows of what she speaks. couple of blocks from yale and it looks like beirut.

My diploma is a DD214
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Slant

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
why would anyone get upset over that chit.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell, I'm white trash and damn proud of it. All she did was to justify me calling her a chink.. That's a fair trade.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I've seen the words "white trash" and "trailer trash" used many times on this forum over the years. Lots of elitist snobs here so they shouldn't find this womans words offensive at all. The funny thing is, most of the elitist snobs here can't spell or use punctuation correctly to save their stupid asses.

Hay, I resemble dat remark! smirk

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sounds like the perfect restaurant for me. Glad she took the time to review it.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Sounds like a real snotty biotch. I hope she can't find work.

She'll be hired post haste by a liberal progressive Jell0 type think tank.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter

People are far to sensitive over dumbchit words that really don't matter at all,
Careers are lost , lives are irreparably changed. all for a word. Sad state of affairs the western world has allowed political correctness to take, and no one seems to have the ability to stop it.
It's rampant even here at the fire.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH

People are far to sensitive over dumbchit words that really don't matter at all,
Careers are lost , lives are irreparably changed. all for a word. Sad state of affairs the western world has allowed political correctness to take, and no one seems to have the ability to stop it.

growing up in the 60s and 70s i caught chit from both sides never bothered me. (being half white and half hispanic)

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Starting with you, you ignorant phougk.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

do you believe there is any position that should be held to higher standards than the general public?

Regarding their behavior or their speech?

Had she said what she did in private conversation perhaps there are no issues. Out in public as she did......perhaps she should have known better. Some folks expect better from an educator of our young folks.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

PS FG, go ahead, you can call me trailer trash if you must. But not white trash, as I'm sorta pinkish tan. At least the parts most folks can see.

I'd never call you trailer trash or white trash but since your home is on wheels and you're leaving the area I'll just refer to as a transient honkey.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

growing up in the 60s and 70s i caught chit from both sides never bothered me. (being half white and half hispanic)

Roger,

Here I always assumed you were Tejano. wink

Geno

In it is contentment

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,819
Posts18,477,741
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.