Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Diana having ankle surgery after seriously breaking it last Friday.
Her oxygen level crashed and she fainted and fell. She had gone out to a drop box without her portable oxygen.

This was not at home but in a parking lot. While there was nobody else in that parking lot she was 40 feet from a well traveled street and in clear view of it. She was waving at cars as they went by while she was on the ground. Nobody would stop. Finally she was able to call over one person who had gotten out of her car in an adjacent parking lot. That woman gave her her purse so she could call 911.

Thank God for one good Samaritan. What is wrong with the rest of people? Here's the thing; you can bet most of those people self identify as Christians. That's the real issue for America. We identify as Christians but we are not. These people would have been perfectly happy going about their lives while my wife died. And yet many of them would have gone to church the following Sunday and gave it not a thought. Their words and prayers hollow, like an egg with no yoke. " Not my business, not my problem."

Matthew 15:8-9 "'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.'"

Matthew 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Last edited by Armednfree; 06/21/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
It's the Kitty Genovese syndrome. People don't want to get involved. Also, remember the story about the good Samaritan? Everybody else just passed by.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In all your contempt you forgot to mention if your wife survived.

Hoping so.

You must live in a different part of America than I do.

Black Cows Matter!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Glad she's going to be okay, man has ruined the church, another reason I don't go, I can smell, see and feel the hypocrisy. mad I wont knowingly associate with that level of BS, most assuredly wont pay money to be seated with the great crowds of the pure. crazy

Trump Won!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
So glad Diana found help with one kind soul. The love of many waxes cold.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Matthew 15:8-9 "'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.'"

I think the words "they worship me in vain" means their worship will not get them into Heaven.

Lots of sinners in church. Mite near all, for sure. When I go, I be one more. No sense in letting them keep me from worshiping Him.

My church supports missions over the world which bring the message of truth and the word, Jesus, to others who otherwise would never hear it. As a result, in the areas ISIS kills, many have refused to deny Christ for Muhammit and died for Him and now live forever.

If the church prefers to spend money on gold ornaments and chauffeur driven limos rather than ministering to the poor and I am aware of it, i am remiss in not doing better with it. Otherwise, my giving is my submission to His directive.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sorry to hear of this Armed. Unbelievable. I have stopped to help many stranded by the road and took a family in overnight once who were freezing under a an interstate overpass in wet weather.
I say this knowing i would not have passed her by.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is the world we live in now, you never know if something is a scam or a fraud. Most of the time when you get involved, you can expect to have to testify in a lawsuit at the minimum. It might be the case where people now have more common sense than compassion. With some of the dumbassery going on in the world, that statement is a mouthfull.

It's interesting the woman that helped didn't deserve any scripture.

Last edited by DryPowder; 06/21/17.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think the words "they worship me in vain" means their worship will not get them into Heaven.
Worship won't get anyone into heaven. Only faith can do that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a thought. As a Christian I'd be giving thanks to God for the one person that did stop, and forget about those that didn't.

IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
iirc, only 1 person, a Samaritan, stopped for the mugged man.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Armed, I too am sorry that it took your wife so long to get help, but don't let it get to you too much.

I'm not going to say this is this case with all the people that passed by, but just keep in mind that as humans we are finite creatures. We don't see everything, we don't know everything, we don't understand everything we sense, we have other things we are doing and we are confined by space and time. Could it be that most of the passers were disabled by one of these?

I know you understand this, I wrote it more for others who may not get it than for you.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
how many ran to help the Lord on his way to Calvary?
yet he came from the throne of heaven to pay for our sins with his blood. only those with him living within will show compassion and love to their fellow man.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Just a thought. As a Christian I'd be giving thanks to God for the one person that did stop, and forget about those that didn't.

Disagree. Thank God for the one who stopped, pray for his spirit to touch those who didn't. Individual condemnation is not mine to give. But seeing the void of the Holy Spirit that is ours to see.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
So you know those driving by saw your wife?

There could be a car lot ablaze, with 43 naked clowns riding elephants around the perimeter, throwing monkeys at the flames and my wife wouldn't notice.

It's been my observation that about 90% of the female drivers in this world aren't aware of ANYTHING except what is in front of them whilst driving.

This also occurred in Yankeeland, lots of bad shiet happens there.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Disagree. Thank God for the one who stopped, pray for his spirit to touch those who didn't. Individual condemnation is not mine to give. But seeing the void of the Holy Spirit that is ours to see.

One other consideration, maybe all those that drove by ARE the Christians, and God recognizes you and yours as NOT being Christian. Just a thunk.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Human beings will screw up a one car funeral......

Jeremiah 17:5-6 This is what the Lord says: “Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the Lord. They are like stunted shrubs in the desert, with no hope for the future. They will live in the barren wilderness, in an uninhabited salty land.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead

One other consideration, maybe all those that drove by ARE the Christians, and God recognizes you and yours as NOT being Christian. Just a thunk.

And another ignorant one at that.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Certainly a sad look at the state of people, at least ones that saw her and were too self involved/busy to help.
Not really a "Christian" or lack there of thing as the seeing another in need being something a person should be of aid to is imprinted on the believer's and nonbeliever's heart alike.
Likely a much higher level of disgust felt by God for the "believers" who walk by though..

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Steelhead

And another ignorant one at that.

Sorry, I forgot you and Armedone are ALL knowing, God is lucky to have lambs like you two. Laffin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (160user, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,690
Posts18,475,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.