Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
[Linked Image]

The biggest mentor in my life passed away on Tuesday. My father was fantastic. A big guy who always made a mountain out of the things that I accomplished. Victor Kennedy drove me to reach down into my guts and overcome the biggest obstacles, trials and difficulties that I have encountered in my life. My greatest regret is that we made tons of plans for merry adventures that never came to fruition. But he was always with me where ever I went and where ever I go. Some people live life from private planes and room service. Vic Kennedy worked hard from poverty to accomplish the Alaskan Dream. You can never plan when the lord takes you but I can say that he lived every second of his life and treasured the people around him. There are so many stories, sayings, conversations, and experiences that we shared that I won't pick one. I will say that his life as a teacher, father, hunter, historian and maverick was a beautiful thing. He fought to the very end and encountered more pain and hardship that any person that I know. He did this with positivity and great zeal. Victor definitely gave more than he got and loved all peoples, cultures and sports without pause. Made the impossible doable for me and will always be the giant of a man who was a real life superhero when he was young and strong and fearless. He has met his Alaska and will be missed by me and my family for the rest of our lives.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by kaboku68; 06/22/17.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, he sounds like an amazing guy. He'll be with you on all your future adventures. God bless your friend, his family and all those that loved him.

ETA....That's a great picture of your friend with a backdrop that say more than words could.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 06/22/17.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We are sorry to hear this. Thoughts prayers and condolences for family and friends.

Some great pics there you shared. Looked like a great father figure, and very happy!

He is there with you forever now!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Condolences. RIP.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
He looks like a well lived life.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn the luck Thomas.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sounds like you were both blessed, may he rest in peace.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never met the man, but have been fortunate to know some of his best work.

RIP Vic, you did our community more good than you can ever know by the son you raised.

condolences Thomas, a man that casts a shadow that long has to leave a heck of a hole in your heart.

but you'll continue to honor him by being just the man he wanted you to be.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
A man is remembered by the space he leaves empty when he is gone. Nice tribute, kaboku68.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a very nice tribute Thomas, your father sounds like a great man. Our condolences to you and your family..

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Sorry for you loss man. I am sure he was very proud of you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RIP. Our condolences to you and your family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sorry to hear this. May he rest in peace.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
All the best to you and yours. I'm very glad for the times you had.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No tribute to people who matter ever seems quite adequate, but I think you've done well in honoring a good man, a great father - judging from whom he raised, and a real credit to this fine state. RIP Vic, and cherish the memories he shared with you Thomas.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 32 invisible), 2,235 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,702
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.