Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Greenhorn called me yesterday and said he'd killed a dandy lope yesterday morning. When I got to work this morning here's a couple photos that were waiting for me on my computer. For those of you that think he only kills monster bull elk, then you don't know him very well. He's got a wall full of monster antelope. I'm not sure this is his highest scoring antelope but it's pretty darn close. Oh and btw way he didn't pay a tresspass fee, he also scouted this buck out a long time ago and has video footage of him from his past scouting trips. No guides, no fee's, no outfitter.<BR> He got it the old fashioned way...hard work, scouting, and lot's of time invested. I'm really happy for him.<BR> [Linked Image] <BR> [Linked Image]

Is it Friday yet?
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nice one Greenhorn! Let's hear some details i.e. rifle, range, hit, etc.<P>BTW, what camera are you using that has a remote?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Boy I wish I had some cooler details regarding the shot/hit/etc. I was shooting a 300 RUM, with 180 partitions. The shot was real long, but all he would give me. He was facing away but stopped for moment finally, as he walked by me at 250-300 yards. When he stopped, he was roughly 450-500. The bullet hit him in the heart if you are from Texas. But I have a sister in Texas.. and that's close enough. It's a pentax camera 90WR I think.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Geez, Greenhorn, nice unit! What did he measure? From the picture, looks like 17" or so.<BR>Almost a shame to take him out of the gene pool. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Greenhorn,<P>300 Ultra Mag,you say?<P>500 yds,you say?<P>Texas Heart shot,you say?<P>Great 'Lope,You da man!<P>You sure ain't no greenhorn [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

James
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man those things are so ugly they're cute! I want one!! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Nice one Greenhorn. We're going to have to rename old sage or something [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
YEAH YEAH YEAH.........What did he score Kurt about 84 or so I imagine. Maybe a little more...Nice lope..........bcat

If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mr.Horn,<P>TREMENDOUS 'Lope! I just walked through the door,kissed the Wife and turned on the 'puter. I saw this thread and KNEW it was going to be good!<P>I've sorta had the "Goat Bug",for a little while now and these photos sealed the deal. Is he as big as he looks? I'm no Antelope Expert(nor an expert of any other kind)but it seems to me,that the 84" previously mentioned,would be slighting him a little.<P>Glad to hear and see,that your Season has been sensational thus far(you Boys remember his Archery Bull?!?). Is a BIG Muley next on your agenda?<P>Great photos,thanks for sharing.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great antelope! I see those "goats" running all around the prairie dog towns during the summer. Nothing like the one in your photo though! I gotta go back to those dog towns some time with a goat tag in my pocket. You got me wantin' to hang one one the wall now!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

460 members (219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 22250rem, 163bc, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 2,186 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,853
Posts18,517,617
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.