Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Never used them before...or any insole. Looks like they will be a requirement from now on. Recently had a custom pair made, but I don't think they are going to last very long.

Looking for feedback on Superfeet Green (https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/green) for general use and Carbon (https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/carbon) for use when a slimmer profile is needed.

For folks who've used the Green, the description says it is closed cell foam. Will the Green absorb water with the foam or any of the materials its constructed of?

Thanks

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Are your arches high, medium, or low? I have low arches and the traditional favorites; green, orange, etc. were terrible for me. Tried on the copper and they were perfection. Gander Mountain has a display with all the models available to try on. If there is one near you it is worth the trip, but better hurry while they're still open.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been using the green ones for a few years. They go into every boot I own. They are not cheap but well worth it. BTW, I have normal feet.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'd guess my arches are normal/medium. There was a Gander Mountain in Huntsville and Chattanooga but I'll have to check to see if they are still open.

Does the material shed water or will it hold water?

Thanks

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'd guess my arches are normal/medium. There was a Gander Mountain in Huntsville and Chattanooga but I'll have to check to see if they are still open.

Does the material shed water or will it hold water?

Thanks

I walk/hike in them several times a week with a weighted pack and I'm drenched in sweat when done. Been wearing them for several years now and never noticed if they shed or hold water so I'm guessing they shed but cant say for sure. I'll be on the trail this afternoon and will report back afterwards.

I can't stress enough how much I hated the green and orange and how much I love the copper. They are all very different and I highly recommend trying them all.

IC B2

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another satisfied customer here in Sweden.

I just checked when I bought these insoles, and I have been using a pair of the Green SuperFeet insoles for nearly 5 years.

Even with essentially daily use, they are still OK -- they have flattened out only very VERY slightly. MUCH better than the 3 or 4 other brands I have used in the past (sorry, I can only recall one brand: Scholes gel insoles)

As FAIR CHASE posted, the SuperFeet insoles are not cheap but they are worth it.

These insoles do NOT absorb water.

John

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[quote=FAIR_CHASE]I have been using the green ones for a few years. They go into every boot I own. They are not cheap but well worth it. BTW, I have normal feet.[/quote

This...

God Bless America!
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I have high arches and use the greens in a lot of my boots. They work great and can really help your feet feel good at the end of the day. I do landscaping so I'm on my feet all day and my feet don't feel sore after putting greens in. The greens in my work boots are 5+ years old and still do the trick pretty well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Having tried both the SOLE modable and the Superfeet Greens, any and all future footbeds will be coming from Lathrop and Sons. IMO/E, there's not comparison. Their high country footbeds are the best I've used.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
JCMCUBIC- I am surprised that your customs don't seem like they will last very long. I have a pair of customs that lasted 8 years before they needed redoing. I took them in and in less than an hour I was back in business. Foothills pedorthics in Golden Colorado did mine and they are worth every penny. I'm not sure where you are from but you might give them a call.

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
swede, when I went to their office and they made the insoles I was told to expect them to last a year under normal use. I'm still taking things very easy by my standards and I can see the edges curling on the top liner. I guess there are several ways insoles can be made with different materials. These are a base layer of dense cork with a top layer of a liner type material. It was heated, formed, and ground to the current fit. I guess I should look at other custom options that will last longer, especially under wet conditions as I was told that will shorten the life of the cork based insoles.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
another vote for Copper. they work better for me than the blue or the green. i also have low arches, and a collapsed arch in the right foot. the copper inserts have done better for me than $500 custom inserts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pointer
Having tried both the SOLE modable and the Superfeet Greens, any and all future footbeds will be coming from Lathrop and Sons. IMO/E, there's not comparison. Their high country footbeds are the best I've used.

This is the direction I'm headed as well. I've used the Superfeet blue, green, and Guide. I've discovered I agree with Lathrop - most people don't need arch support, they need cushioning/blister relief. I routinely hike 15-20 miles a day carrying a 20 lb day pack and have no arch issues. I do on occasion get hot spots on my feet from the mileage. I tried a cushion insole, not Lathrop, and that seems to work better for me. BTW I have very flat feet.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
bwinters, try the coppers. They are exaclty what you describe, cushion with little arch support. I tried green, orange, blue, etc. and none are even close to the feel of the coppers.

Jay, the insoles do not retain moisture, at least not that I can tell.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I use Powerstep Pro Tech in all of my shoes and throw away the ones that came with the shoe.

I also change out my insoles every six months in my work boots

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Never used them before...or any insole. Looks like they will be a requirement from now on. Recently had a custom pair made, but I don't think they are going to last very long.

Looking for feedback on Superfeet Green (https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/green) for general use and Carbon (https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/carbon) for use when a slimmer profile is needed.

For folks who've used the Green, the description says it is closed cell foam. Will the Green absorb water with the foam or any of the materials its constructed of?

Thanks

JCM,

They are not going to absorb water any more then the inside of your boot will.

Been wearing Superfeet for 6 years now, and wear them in my work shoes (I'm on my feet all day), in my hunting, hiking, and ski boots.

First, higher the arch, the more volume they use up in your shoe. I have what I'd describe as medium high arches, and a high instep. Green is generally too much volume, and I've settled on Blue and in a few boots Black. Black has the least amount of volume (don't know about the Carbon). Even though the Blue and Black insoles are for "normal" arches I find they work great for me, and leave a lot more volume than the Green. Superfeet cured my plantar faciitis. It literally took less than a week of wearing the insoles and the faciitis was gone and has never returned.........

If I don't have the luxury of a second pair of boots (like backpack hunting) I bring an extra set of insoles. Even if my boots aren't dry in the morning (which can be the case if camping) swapping out the insoles are almost as good as a dry pair of boots.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
All,

I appreciate all the input and specifics. I've got to either order and try them or get to a store where I can try them. I can imagine that different shoes are going to need different insoles due to volume....one place where my current custom ones are lacking.

Thanks again,

JCM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Another Superfeet copper user here. Flat arches. Reminds me that I need to pick up another pair for my sheep hunting boots.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Update on this. I broke down several weeks ago, bit the bullet and threw a lot of money at the following:

Green
Blue
Carbon
Yellow (elevated heel shoes)

I've rotated them in/out of different shoes and have found that the shoe they are in makes as much of a difference as the insole and shape of your foot. Blue (and Carbon) seems to be the closest to the shape of my foot/arch. After trying them out I didn't think I would use the Green but it ends up it feels better than the Blue in one pair of shoes. The Yellow works well in a pair of work/riding boots with a slight heel. Carbon is really nice in tennis shoes and better overall than my custom orthodics.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
HUGE fan of Superfeet here. Mostly Green but a couple low profile blues for tighter last shoes.

I also really like SOLE insoles. They are heat moldable - or, more accurately, just wear them on a really freaking warm day with a set of boots and they set themselves. The reason the SOLE's work better for me is that I had surgery on my right foot and that arch is a tad lower than the left. So, they can custom mold to my feet.

Anyway, insoles seriously rock. The Superfeet cured the blister problem I have lived with for 40 years. By spreading the impact across the whole of my foot and arch, they virtually eliminated all blisters.

I only wish I'd known these things when I was 12 years old hiking the Sierra and losing the whole ball and heel of both my feet due to blisters. Gawd, that was a bad, bad backpacking trip.

Hunt Africa while you can
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,568 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,408
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.