Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Has anyone figured out how to add more images to their personal gallery after they initially set it up? I'm guessing Rick doesn't want us to start a new gallery every time but damned if I can find an option to add more images to my already established gallery.

Any help is appreciated

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your Image Gallery is a thread. You can add 8 images per post. If you have 24 images to upload, just upload he first 8, that starts the thread, then under the Quick Reply box click Use Full Editor and repeat the process to upload images in the first reply. Then repeat for the last eight images.

You should then end up with 8 images in the original post that started your Galley, and two "replies" each with 8 images.

You can add as many as you'd like in subsequent replies. smile

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Photobucket is still working for me.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickBin
Your Image Gallery is a thread. You can add 8 images per post. If you have 24 images to upload, just upload he first 8, that starts the thread, then under the Quick Reply box click Use Full Editor and repeat the process to upload images in the first reply. Then repeat for the last eight images.

You should then end up with 8 images in the original post that started your Galley, and two "replies" each with 8 images.

That was my standard method for posting pictures here before I discovered photobucket. I guess if photobucket ever stops working for me, I'll switch back to it .

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thank you Rick

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Photobucket is still working for me.

[Linked Image]

You must pay them then...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hawkeye U R lucky......so far.

Mine stopped last week--as far as -- posting pics here.

Good luck, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
jwall,

Are you talking about uploading your personal pics off of your computer? Or taking them off another website?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Rick- when I do that, the image I add in a reply shows as the "cover" photo for my gallery but when I open my gallery I don't see the photo. I see the post that I added and attached a file via the image manager, but I don't see the photo or link to it. I've just done this process if you want to have a look-see.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Not a dime.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Same for me whttail

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since your Image Gallery is a "1" time use, why are you bothering loading it ?...and then making a number of moves(clicks)to post the picture.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bwana 1
That’s the answer I was looking for, I thought we could go look through the gallery at the pix, like PB, so if someone asks to see a pix I have posted before I just do it over from my hard drive and not the gallery.

PERFECT

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Rick,

I'm trying to add another picture via a new "reply" and it isn't working. I went to my original thread in the Image Gallery, "Jim in Idaho Pictures", and clicked Reply. It took me to the full editor screen. I clicked on the Image Manager and it opened a new window, "Attachment Manager". I selected a file to attach, a jpeg photo from my disk - the same location where I got my original picture, and once the upload icon stopped spinning the name of that photo shows as an attached image. But when I click Done, nothing appears in the new reply. I can add some text in the reply box and that appears and the Image Manager link now shows Total Files: 1, but the picture does not appear.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Not a dime.

You lucky bastid. I'd say it's just a matter of time then.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drag, drag, click...I'm done in 5 seconds, I don't need a Gallery for everyone to look at, nor is it faster to use the Gallery over the hard drive storage....it's fast and easy, why muddy the water with complications

But to each their own.

[Linked Image]

Attached Images
girl ups.jpg (91.33 KB, 16 downloads)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Same for me whttail

That's as far as I could get too.

Imgur's working for me.

Tired of fuggin with it so I'll stick with them.

For now.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
jwall,

Are you talking about uploading your personal pics off of your computer? Or taking them off another website?

Dave

Dave, I was responding to the Real Hawkeye per posting pix FROM PhotoPUKIT to the 'fire'.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not a dime.

You lucky bastid. I'd say it's just a matter of time then.

I can still link to photos from Photobucket as well but it is an unsecure link. The address of TRH's picture is http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w188/TheRealHawkeye/IMG_0286_zpsptjosyin.jpg. That http needs to be https.

That exposes this page to all kinds of nefarious people and software. To what specific purpose, I don't really know - malware, ransomware, you name it. I do know that pretty much every server in the world is under constant attack. That was brought home to me by a network engineer who showed me a list of IP addresses trying to gain access to a minor server in our hospital system - attacks from China and India predominantly but also from Belgium of all places, This wasn't just one or two per day, but all day long, hundreds of attacks each day on one minor server in Boise, ID (not exactly the high value data capitol of the world) used to track bandages and aspirin. Multiply that by the well over 1,000 servers we have in our data center.

The whole point of using the new Image Gallery is to eliminate ALL links from unsecured addresses staring with http.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim's right, unless you just dump from your hard drive...and the Fire assigns it an addy, safe, fast, done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (1lessdog, 10ring1, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 160user, 10Glocks, 25 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,450
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.