Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nailed it battue.......

Statement by Bill Busbice
Last October, I inadvertently shot a female calf elk while attempting to shoot a bull elk. To make matters worse, I left the scene and failed to report the incident to the warden. The failure to immediately notify the warden was horrible judgment on my part, and for that, I was fined, placed on probation, and lost my privilege to hunt.
To be clear, the shot was an accident, and while the failure to report my mistake was inexcusable, I have never and would never intentionally poach. This incident is not reflective of who I am as an outdoorsman. I have spent over 40 years speaking out against poaching and will continue to do everything I can to rebuild trust with the outdoor community.
I am deeply sorry for what I did and I am aware that I breached the trust of my fellow hunters in the process. I have accepted the consequences of my mistake and hope everyone will forgive my lapse in judgement.
Respectfully,
Bill Busbice

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
How do you shoot a calf elk by accident?

B.S.

I hope it costs him....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
He's been sponsoring a hunt for terminally ill kids, handicapped hunters, and wounded soldiers for the last few years. He may sponsor more, I don't know. I just know about this hunt.

When Big Bill bought what is now known as the high fence land, there was a part of it that was separated by a road that went to people's houses and an old country church that is still in use. The block of land that was separated was 1333 acres as I recall. It was a hunting club that my daddy headed up when LP first leased land until the sale of the land to Busbice. When the high fence went up around that part of the land, they put a sign on the gate that, again if I remember correctly, had Buckmasters on it and said something about it being used for special kid's hunts. A few years ago, the sign came down so not sure why.

IF Big Bill makes an apology, I'm not sure that he can sell the "I'm really sorry about this" line. And if it takes this long to make an apology, IMO, it is because a PR rep is trying only to do damage control. But I suspect he is only sorry he got caught and not sorry he did the deed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend what he did nor that sponsoring some hunts make up for it. Personally, I think he got of a lot easier than most "non celebrity" folks would have.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He not only "left the scene", he left the calf to rot. A lowlife POS in my opinion. All he's concerned with are antlers; big antlers, and stroking his ego.

Jeff

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
How do you shoot a calf elk by accident?

B.S.

I hope it costs him....

Most of the time, I have no clue. I suspect there is a tiny margin, miss the bull and hit something behind the bull or one pops its head up in front of the bull... but IMHO, no shot is that important that you can't and shouldn't wait for a totally clear shot.

I seriously doubt any of the "truth " spewing from his mouth is that....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Nailed it battue.......

Last October, I inadvertently shot a female calf elk while attempting to shoot a bull elk. To make matters worse, I left the scene and failed to report the incident to the warden. The failure to immediately notify the warden was horrible judgment on my part, and for that, I was fined, placed on probation, and lost my privilege to hunt.
To be clear, the shot was an accident, and while the failure to report my mistake was inexcusable, I have never and would never intentionally poach. This incident is not reflective of who I am as an outdoorsman. I have spent over 40 years speaking out against poaching and will continue to do everything I can to rebuild trust with the outdoor community.
I am deeply sorry for what I did and I am aware that I breached the trust of my fellow hunters in the process. I have accepted the consequences of my mistake and hope everyone will forgive my lapse in judgement.
Respectfully,
Bill Busbice

Dear Bill,

GFY

Sincerely,

Colorado Bob

Last edited by colorado bob; 07/05/17.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Nailed it battue.......

Respectfully,
Bill Busbice

Bull Chit. GFY, Bill

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
805 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Funny he writes this apology but forgets to include he was busted the previous year for buying more deer tags than allowed and also buying a resident elk tag but he was a Non resident.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's been hard to read these last few lines. I've got so many tears in my eyes I can't see right now. If I thought he was sincere, I could forgive him. Can't wait to see how many other "ethical TV guys/gals" line up either to support him or distance themselves from him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cannot read his lines without seeing a smarmy smirk...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 805
Funny he writes this apology but forgets to include he was busted the previous year for buying more deer tags than allowed and also buying a resident elk tag but he was a Non resident.

Didn't you read his statement? He would never intentionally poach.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Unintentional my ass! The calf was hit on like the 4th or 5th round of him shooting into a large herd. Then when the calf was discovered he told his employees to drag it into a culvert out of sight and leave it. So he intentionally neglected to notify a warden but also attempted to hide the evidence. Luckily the reporting party knew the whole event was on film so the wardens got all the evidence they needed via the unedited film including Bill making a comment about hitting the calf before he even managed to shoot the bull.

This alon is enough for me to condemn the bastard but the fact he got 2 citations last year is over the top. I hope he never works in the industry again, he is now the Lon Horiuchi of the tv hunting game.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Would not those who hid the evidence also be charged as accomplices? Obvious they knew what was going on.

Next up: Redemption reality TV "Bill finds his outdoor path thru adversity"
Intro by Jimmy Swagart. Background music by "Southern Culture on the Skids."

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ha, then he'll get a job counseling others on how to avoid the evils of poaching...

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Crazy sheit can happen and mistakes can be made (if you're a duck hunter you remember the point days) but I never once thought about 'leaving' something behind.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"Avoid": Aka don't video the poach.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He is probably headed to Nugent's Redemption Camp right now...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by battue
Would not those who hid the evidence also be charged as accomplices? Obvious they knew what was going on.

Next up: Redemption reality TV "Bill finds his outdoor path thru adversity"
Intro by Jimmy Swagart. Background music by "Southern Culture on the Skids."

Don't forget to include "Spook" Spann.

He went over yonder way
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What did Spann do?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sambubba
What did Spann do?

He poached something. I remember hearing about it.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (260madman, 1minute, 2500HD, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,171
Posts18,503,187
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.