Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Steelhead

I also opened a POSTIMAGE account and uploaded some pix, but after reading the "terms" that said if I didn't upgrade to a paying account in 30 days it would change to a different account.

I will wait 30 days before spending a lot of time on it only to find it doesn't work

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Finally got the PB site to download my photos to my computer, left the account open just to piss them off. Don't intend to ever go back.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ClaysEtc
Steelhead

I also opened a POSTIMAGE account and uploaded some pix, but after reading the "terms" that said if I didn't upgrade to a paying account in 30 days it would change to a different account.

I will wait 30 days before spending a lot of time on it only to find it doesn't work

I see absolutely nothing about having to pay

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was going to sign up for Flikr, but it kept getting me in a Yahoo sign-in loop and then it asked for a phone number, which wasn't going to happen. I am going to let things shake out a while before worrying about photo uploads. For now, I am just posting YouTube stuff.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yes, Imgur is free. But you need to realize that anything you post to it belongs to THEM in perpetuity, even if you later delete it:

"With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant Imgur a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content. To the extent that you delete any such file or content from the public portions of our site, the license you grant to Imgur pursuant to the preceding sentence will automatically terminate, but will not be revoked with respect to any file or content Imgur has already copied and sublicensed or designated for sublicense. Also, of course, anything you post to a public portion of our site may be used by the public pursuant to the following paragraph even after you delete it."

What's more, they REALLY don't want you posting Imgur pics to ANY other site:

"Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it."

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Buckskin

What seems to be the problem using Photobucket? It seems to be working for me

Same here.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Postimage.org is a piece of cake

[Linked Image]

How did you make your album private? If I'm logged in to postimage.org my account is wide open...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Use direct link

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Use direct link

Direct link just posts the link, then you have to click the link to see pic, any other ideas?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ok I got direct link between [img] and [/img], thanks.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Not if you put [img] in front of the link and [/img] at the end of the link

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When is The campfire planning on blocking the posting of pictures from websites that use the http format instead of https? I have asked my picture hosting site (Picture Trail) if they plan on making the conversion to https and explained the situation, but as of yet I have not received a reply.

Harry
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The only problem I see with Imgur is that any "Free" model is doomed to failure long term.

Data storage costs money. Bandwidth costs money.

So how does Imgur make money? At some point, they have to or they cease to be a going concern.

I don't fault PBucket for trying to make a buck...but I sure do fault them for how they did it. I terminated my account with them and haven't decided where I will yet. Do I think it makes a difference to them? No. No matter how I calculate it, PB makes more money without me (saves bandwidth, etc.). Even if just 10% of their base decides to renew, then they make that much more money.

Hunt Africa while you can
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
As yet, I haven't received a bill from photobucket, yet it still works for posting pictures. Is the Campfire getting ready to ban photobucket hosted images or something?

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Buckskin
[Linked Image]

What seems to be the problem using Photobucket? It seems to be working for me

This is quite obviously photoshopped. I mean really. Obama in work boots. crazy

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rnovi
The only problem I see with Imgur is that any "Free" model is doomed to failure long term.

So how does Imgur make money? At some point, they have to or they cease to be a going concern.

I don't fault PBucket for trying to make a buck...but I sure do fault them for how they did it. I terminated my account with them and haven't decided where I will yet. Do I think it makes a difference to them? No. No matter how I calculate it, PB makes more money without me (saves bandwidth, etc.). Even if just 10% of their base decides to renew, then they make that much more money.

You think photobucket does not get paid for all the ads on their site???

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I haven't deleted my PB account yet and have a wait and see attitude. Even if I delete my account with them, no harm, no foul. I had great, free use out of PB for years and bear them no ill will. I think trying to charge the amount they are attempting to is stupid, but what do I know? I also don't like the way they did things, but that's up to them.

I've had a Flikr account for years also. I'd use it here when PB periodically [bleep]. Flikr was never as user-friendly as PB IMO. It became increasingly so to the point that I can't even seem to post pics from my account there anymore. I've asked about it on here before but nobody ever replies.

I appreciate Rick hosting pics but the problem I see is that you have to downsize the pics to a tiny size.

I'm currently using Imgur and it seems okay.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I haven't deleted my PB account yet and have a wait and see attitude. Even if I delete my account with them, no harm, no foul. I had great, free use out of PB for years and bear them no ill will. I think trying to charge the amount they are attempting to is stupid, but what do I know? I also don't like the way they did things, but that's up to them.

I've had a Flikr account for years also. I'd use it here when PB periodically [bleep]. Flikr was never as user-friendly as PB IMO. It became increasingly so to the point that I can't even seem to post pics from my account there anymore. I've asked about it on here before but nobody ever replies.

I appreciate Rick hosting pics but the problem I see is that you have to downsize the pics to a tiny size.

I'm currently using Imgur and it seems okay.

Does no one read anymore. Rick raised the size to 8meg

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I registered on Imgur and used the "Direct Link" which uses a prefix of http instead of https, but from the post preview appears to work.

Here's the real test

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

328 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 37 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,156
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.