Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Clynn Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Update! Well the Ruger single six turned up at a pawn shop in Norman Oklahoma . Some kid pawned it . How does this work ? Will I have to buy my own gun back ? Law enforcement is working on it but they aren't telling me much .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Clynn
Yea , Sheriff office took my report and got good prints off of the window they pried open . Im so mad right now I could chew nailsl ! Ive worked too long for some dirt bag to walk off with my stuff ! Will hit the pawn shops tomorrow .

Friggin' scumbags. Probably some doper needing money for drugs. Good luck, I feel for ya.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Gun is stolen property and law enforcement will/should take the gun into evidence. You then will/should get it back from them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Update! Well the Ruger single six turned up at a pawn shop in Norman Oklahoma . Some kid pawned it . How does this work ? Will I have to buy my own gun back ? Law enforcement is working on it but they aren't telling me much .

It all depends.

If you filed an insurance claim and got paid for the stolen guns, then the insurance company may get the gun. If not, you get it back.

I would be in touch with them constantly if you want they gun back... Otherwise it will end up in the evidence room for years and years, then sold at auction or destroyed. Stay of top of it! wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Clynn Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Yes I want it back . No insurance . I will keep on 'em !

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes I want it back . No insurance . I will keep on 'em !

Good deal! Glad that one is coming home.

Maybe the little dirtbag can link the others as well...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The good ones are always gone! Perps (and some LEO folks), like the good stuff. Be meticulous. Document your guns and insure them well. Buy good guns safes and bolt them together from the inside and on the floor. Make it difficult.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Maybe the little dirtbag can link the others as well...

Iam sure the slime won't own up to actually steeling them. If the police got the numbers in to the system, good chance the weapons will find their way home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Alot of stolen merchandise ends up in NV at a pawn shop. Book it.

Pawn shops in NV have to abide by the same firearms laws as the rest of the countrys pawn shops Einstein.....
And do you really think a low life thief would travel all the way from OK to NV just to hock a fuggin AR....
You're quite the sleuth aren't ya....

Book it Barney....

yes Pawn shops in NV are supposed to abide by firearm laws, but notice the hand gun ended up in a pawn in OK. FB2 , if i am not mistaken was alluding to the fact that alot of burglars hit places and make a run for Las Vegas to dispose of the loot and gamble, whore, and dope. kind of a one stop shop. saw hundreds of examples when i was in SoCal.
and i wasn't Barney i was allowed 2 rounds. laugh

Last edited by deerstalker; 07/11/17.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Clynn Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
God I hate thieves ! This whole thing has been a giant PIA .

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm glad your Ruger turned up. Hopefully the guy that pawned it will have some information on what happened to your AR. He is likely going to get the chance to answer a bunch of questions.

I heard a BATFE guy tell a man, that had found one of his stolen rifles in a gun shop, that they would trace the firearm back and the first person that couldn't explain where they got it was going to be charged with the theft. The gun shop had taken the rifle in trade and were just out the money. The shop owner didn't seem to have a problem with that and he was excited to see a guy get his rifle back.

I can't say what the ownership laws are any where else, but I asked my insurance company what would happen if one of my guns were recovered. They said the stolen property remains mine whether or not the insurance company paid me something. The ownership does not change.

With me, it has been since 2004 and none of the four firearms that were stolen have shown up. My guess is that they are in some hunters gun safe and will stay there or be traded in at a gun shop for something different and will be sold again without ever being checked out to see if it was stolen. I might have even hunted in the same dove field with someone using my Merkel and I would have never known it.

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
couple years ago my cousins home was burgled. they got 15 firearms among other stuff. one of the perp's was caught on another break in. for a reduced hit he gave information on some open cases. he told LE that the firearms all (any firearms from any burglary they did) all went to one guy. he ran them all to Boise. from Boise they all went to LAS Vegas. some stayed in Vegas but the majority then went through Arizona to Mexico. not one of the guns cuz lost has surfaced.
his insurance co. screwed him bad on this , as it wasn't his primary domicile they denied any coverage. ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT! most policies unless stating coverage of Guns, Art, etc exclude coverage. collectible clause

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Clynn Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Yea we'll see what happens . Don't give up hope, maybe yours will still turn up .

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

I can't speak for how it works in Oklahoma, but in my bailiwick, I would have immediately seized the gun from the pawn shop, along with all of the information they had regarding the party who brought it in, then worked the case backward from there. The gun would have been secured into evidence in the event of a later trial, but you would have eventually had it returned, at no cost to you.

Did the LE agency that took the call log the serial number(s) into NCIC? I have recovered stolen firearms literally years after they were stolen from places thousands of miles away. It's incredible how far they make it. It's always a fun call to make to the original owner, informing him that I just recovered his gun which was stolen a decade ago. I get satisfaction out of it, especially if it was a family heirloom.

PM me if you have any questions, Ill try to answer them for you as best I can being from a different state.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
C
Clynn Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Yes, it was entered NCIC . The kid that pawned it told LE where he got it . They are working it back . The kid paid the pawn ticket so the gun is mine again . Going to pick it up Saturday .
thanks for your help !

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm betting ,you will find out its someone you know...

C
Clynn Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Im sure your right . Thats the sad part of the whole deal .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In 1995, a friend had a flintlock muzzleloader stolen in a burglary. Rifle was a TC and had a serial number. Fast forward 9 years and a box arrives with a custom caplock rifle courtesy PA State Police, Glen call them and explains this is not my rifle. Answer: "It is now"

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Pops had one stolen. Insurance paid him for it.
Yr and a half later it shows up, local...........a man came to the police station and said his son bought it at a gunshow and he wondered if the serial number was hot............
as they checked the "dad" disappeared.
Yup, it was on the list and it was in same shape as when taken ( VVG).
Pops got it back and refunded the $ to insurance company.

Vendors with stolen guns.............stuff happens. As long as they do a purchase agreement.........they can send the boys in blue after the seller.

Here's something that happens.......

Snowbird away in FL. Relative says they died, brings gun to sell, does purchase agreements.
How is one to know different?
Snowbird comes back months later, sees safe empty and comes to gunshop all bent out of shape.

Rarely do they press charges on the family member that sold their stuff.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
A Ruger Single Six? Sweet Mother of God, say it ain't so.
I have one and it is my favorite pistol I'd like to load mine up with mag hollow points and shoot those criminals right in the ass, once each.
Wouldn't kill 'em but would give them something to think about.

Sorry for your misfortune, hope you get your guns back. Bad deal.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,187
Posts18,484,861
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.