Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
It sounds to me that the prosecutor stacked up charges and scared the man into accepting a plea bargain when the man considered how long he would be sentenced if found guilty in court. The local federal prosecutors are well known for that tactic.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Frigging punk was hoisted up to the guys second level balcony and jumped when he heard the guy or some such sheit.

Minnesota is 3 shades of [bleep] the [bleep] up

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You can not shoot at people when they are fleeing and off your property.

Were they fleeing through the back 40?

a car rushed at him

Though the bullet holes are in the side of the car, I'm sure that they, beyond reasonable doubt, only intended to make one pass....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Frigging punk was hoisted up to the guys second level balcony and jumped when he heard the guy or some such sheit.

You got that right.

I'm counting the days....

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Steelhead

You got that right.

I'm counting the days....

Me too

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
Here's the thing. "He said he grabbed his gun and went outside into his driveway where he said a car rushed at him."

If the homeowner stays inside his house, there is no immediate threat to him. The fact that he obtained his gun and went outside establishes he was looking for a confrontation. In some locales, he would have gotten much more than 90 days.

While I'm all about protecting one's property and family, you must understand the legal implications of using lethal force.

+1

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Here's the thing. "He said he grabbed his gun and went outside into his driveway where he said a car rushed at him."

If the homeowner stays inside his house, there is no immediate threat to him. The fact that he obtained his gun and went outside establishes he was looking for a confrontation. In some locales, he would have gotten much more than 90 days.

While I'm all about protecting one's property and family, you must understand the legal implications of using lethal force.

So, if you hear and see something going on outside on your property (when there shouldn't be), you think you're supposed to hide in your home hoping it'll just go away? That bullsh!t. He wasn't "looking for a confrontation", he is protecting his property. Big difference.

"Understand the legal implications of using lethal force"? the guy was on his property with a car trying to run him down. I guess you'd just bend over for them or would've been hiding in your house the whole time.

Seems to me he got a sentence because he pled guilty. Sounds like he may have done that out of guilt for killing a person (even if fully justified), or was scared into confessing as mentioned earlier.

Last edited by RyanTX; 07/12/17.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
If I did this in almost any State in the Union, I would have gone to trial. But in Minnesoduh, he would probably be convicted. Maybe 90 days is better than years.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Not saying that it is right but it is the law.
You can not shoot at people when they are fleeing and off your property.
Unfortunately - you're totally correct..

Last Friday night I was working late at my shop. When I was locking up around 11:30pm I was closing the windows in the back when I saw two men burglarizing the mini storage next to me. I'm sure it was the same guys that hit my business and the one next to me a few weeks back. I grabbed the shotgun I keep handy loaded with 5 3" OO buck and got on the phone with the police. I asked her if they wanted me to hold them until a squad arrived. She said do not take your weapon outside your building. I told her I have a CCP she said if I shoot at them I will go to jail. I stood at the window and watched them slip away as the squads pulled up. They got away but I saw them and have them on video.
Around 1:30am after the officers were done the first one came and thanked me for helping them (I had a key and let them into the gate) I told him I could have held them there until the arrived but the lady on the phone told me not to. He just shook his head and said yes, he would have had to take me in too. He said I wish we had laws more like Texas. I replied if we had laws like Texas he would have needed a couple body bags. He laughed and said it sure would make his job easier.

Good post. I also agree that if we (many states, including WI) had laws like TX those little dickheads would never be accused of further crimes.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I forgot it was in Minnesota.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

yeah but most places, the Victim has zero rights and the criminals have ALL the rights...

we can thank the liberal left for that little present also...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
MN sucks and I grew up there but left along time ago. By far the worst Midwest state.

Last edited by boatammo; 07/13/17.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wonder if a LEO would have been charged under these circumstances? have my doubts. and i am not anti LEO by any stretch of the imagination .just think there are double standards.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If LEO plead guilty he would have. ....if he was sentenced...after charged...and pleading guilty....

Edited...read the "charged" as sentenced.

Last edited by JCMCUBIC; 07/13/17. Reason: opps
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,336
Posts18,487,642
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.