Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Our daughter is going in to her 2d year of dental school at OHSU (Oregon Health and Science Univ). We are in Portland now to attend her white coat ceremony. It's when they complete their 1st year of school and now can start working on live patients. They're given a white coat at a ceremony that's done at all medical schools and they make a big deal out of it.

Anyway, there are 74 students in her class. The makeup is what caught my eye. Granted, OR isn't an eastern state with lots of blacks but they do have a good number. Out of 74 students, I counted 17, or 22%, with Oriental or Middle Eastern names. There were several women wearing head scarves. There's no way to tell if they're American or foreign born but I did hear a lot of very foreign accents. There was 1 hispanic name and 1 black person, a woman. She had a large contingent of family with her, support that many blacks don't have. If she got this far, I'm convinced that she'll go a long way.

One final observation: out of 74 students, approx 30 were women. If this class is representative of dental schools, we're going to have a very foxy bunch of dentists in a few years. Almost all of them were very good looking.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
You old white mutha phuqka

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats to your daughter, great field. I have a friend that graduated from that program a few years ago. He's a normal white dude. A large portion of his class were Mormon men (who oftentimes are normal white dudes).

My pharmacy class consisted of a bunch of Asian chicks, and without running numbers I'd guess almost half the class was of Asian descent. Essentially all of them were upstanding citizens that were smart and motivated.

I'm positive over 50% of the class was women (numerous foxes).

No ragheads.

2 black dudes, both nice guys, one was a former Olympic runner from Africa, I don't recall which country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
1 black person, a woman. She had a large contingent of family with her, support that many blacks don't have. If she got this far, I'm convinced that she'll go a long way.

Several years ago I attended the graduation of a friends son at the West Virginia State Police Academy with a few young black men graduating. All had a very large gathering of family/friends in attendance. Good to see.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
My brother graduated ohsu and later uw and his entire class was minority or people promosing to worrk with minorities for their career. Anyone who didnt meet these criteria had no chance at admittance. The class president was admitted saying he wanted to spend his caree3r working with poor minorities then graduated and opened a practice in downtown seattle. Horrific that people have to lie to get an education at a publically funded institution cause they are white...,..racism pure and simple....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$$$$$$$$$$$$ to be made installing gold teef.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dental school student body observation, eh. I think I see what you done, there.
smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dentists aren't mandated into Obamacare, etc, so free to practice as they wish. Enviable.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
1 black person, a woman. She had a large contingent of family with her, support that many blacks don't have. If she got this far, I'm convinced that she'll go a long way.

Several years ago I attended the graduation of a friends son at the West Virginia State Police Academy with a few young black men graduating. All had a very large gathering of family/friends in attendance. Good to see.

What academy class was your friend's boy in?

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
It is not only Dentist. NOVA, a med school in Ft Lauderdale, FL, covers about all of the medical profession.My grandson graduated from there a year ago+ as an optometrist, and there were a lot of women and orientals in the class. My grandson told me it was quite common

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
52 year old dentist i went to school with, she dated Ted Cruz when she was doing her internship in DC.

[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Apparently black kids with good families is a miracle in the eyes of the Campfire.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Apparently black kids with good families is a miracle in the eyes of the Campfire.

Dave

ANY kids with a good supportive family is becoming increasingly uncommon.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
70% of black babies are born out of wedlock and most end up on welfare. They don't have the family support that other races have. There are many good strong black families but there are all too many kids who grow up without it.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I don't care if they are green or purple tweeners as long as they were thee most qualified candidates.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
progresso mexico.......

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My brother is a dentist.

Met his wife at dental school.

She is a very attractive 1st generation born in the USA Chinese girl.

She's also a dentist.

Her family is a very motivated and successful group of people.

When my bro was going to school(UNLV), he mentioned that there were a lot of foreign students.

Last edited by SamOlson; 07/15/17.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

One final observation: out of 74 students, approx 30 were women. If this class is representative of dental schools, we're going to have a very foxy bunch of dentists in a few years. Almost all of them were very good looking.

Pics man, pics!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter
52 year old dentist i went to school with, she dated Ted Cruz when she was doing her internship in DC.

[Linked Image]

I think I'm getting a toothache.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
70% of black babies are born out of wedlock

74% of all women today give birth to at least one child out of wedlock, The numbers aren't any higher for blacks than other races. Not exactly a new trend either. In colonial America more than 1/2 of all women gave birth to their 1st child less than 9 months after marriage. The difference is that they were forced to marry in the 1700's or be hanged. Then 7 months later everyone praised God that a 2 month premature baby was so healthy.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,082
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.