Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
It sure seems to be. Just a couple of years back, it was not that difficult to find at least some decent factory ammo. Local shops even here in SC would stock several different brands and loads. Today, you'll be lucky to find a dusty old box of 140 grn Cor-lokts. Even the mail order houses that I relied on, seem to have dried up quite a bit.

It's a real shame, it was not marketed better. It's a damn fine round. I guess the 6.5 Creedmoor just sounds sexier...

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The 6.5 was engineered better re twist, short magazine fit with the low drag bullets of current popular interest, and true accuracy oriented factory ammo. As an off the shelf performer it is sexier.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The 260 has always been a niche round, and will continue that way.
The Creedmoor seems to be making it to the mainstream consciousness.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
The 6.5 was engineered better re twist, short magazine fit with the low drag bullets of current popular interest, and true accuracy oriented factory ammo. As an off the shelf performer it is sexier.

If there'd been advertising glitz like that for the .260 for us to repeat, it'd be an "off the shelf performer" too.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Midway shows 13 ammo choices currently in stock for the 260.

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Both because the Creedmoor is better designed for the reality of short-action magazines and long bullets, AND because Hornady and Ruger started out with the correct rifling twist for longer bullets, and produced very accurate (yet affordable) ammo and rifles. They did everything right that Remington missed with the .260, and followed up, instead of giving up on the .260 like Remington did relatively quickly after its introduction in 1997. Some of the factors that have mostly killed the .260 couldn't have been foreseen by Remington, but some could have, and it certainly could have used better (and longer) factory support.

Don't get me wrong. I've owned three .260's and have one right now, a special-run Tikka T3 from Whittaker Guns with a 1-8 twist. It's one of my favorite "modern" rifles, but my Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor not only bypasses the cartridge-length problem but shoots even better!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Proof once again that Remington couldn't sell a bucket of water to a man whose pants were on fire.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If sales go down any more maybe they will just change the name to 6.5 Rem Express(that even looks better on paper) They did it with the 280 and 244.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Don't get me wrong. I've owned three .260's and have one right now, a special-run Tikka T3 from Whittaker Guns with a 1-8 twist. It's

+1 - the T3 with a 1:8" twist is a winner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm hanging on to mine. In 30 years only the really cool people will have one, like owning a 6mm Remington today.

Plus, given current demand for it and the generally depressed firearms market overall I'd have to take half what I paid for it just to get rid of it... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Tikka website shows 1:8 as the standard twist for the .260 in the T3x. Of course that magazine does present real problems when you try to load rounds over about 129 grains and even the 123 grain A-Max is over long by a few thousandths when seated to hit the lands. But with the Tikka you can use their WSM magazine and get another .07" of OAL. It's not much but it is enough to hit the lands and stay within mag confines using the aforementioned 123 and probably some other higher BC bullets in the 120-130 grain range.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's certainly a handloader's cartridge. With the availability of ammo, the Creed is likely to establish a permanent and significant leg up on the .260Rem. Now I'm just waiting for Remington/Ruger/Winchester to produce a basic, plain-jane, factory Creed stainless sporter. Ruger did for a little while. I'm not needing a threaded, fluted, vented, hydro-dipped, cerakoted, Pep-Boys bling version.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Both because the Creedmoor is better designed for the reality of short-action magazines and long bullets, AND because Hornady and Ruger started out with the correct rifling twist for longer bullets, and produced very accurate (yet affordable) ammo and rifles. They did everything right that Remington missed with the .260, and followed up, instead of giving up on the .260 like Remington did relatively quickly after its introduction in 1997. Some of the factors that have mostly killed the .260 couldn't have been foreseen by Remington, but some could have, and it certainly could have used better (and longer) factory support.

Don't get me wrong. I've owned three .260's and have one right now, a special-run Tikka T3 from Whittaker Guns with a 1-8 twist. It's one of my favorite "modern" rifles, but my Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor not only bypasses the cartridge-length problem but shoots even better!

I have long thought that Remington's launch of the 260 would be an interesting Harvard Business Review case study on how not to launch a new cartridge. I find it interesting that Remington chose to emphasize muzzle velocity speed when they loaded 100 and 120 grain bullets in the 6.5 Rem Mag, while choosing to emphasize who knows what when they chose to only offer a 140 grain load in the "standard" grade/price ammo in the 260. If, as some believe, the 260 had the potential to be a better dual purpose varmint and medium game cartridge than the 243, it seems as though Remington would have helped the 260 get traction if they had offered a wider range of bullet options. I don't claim any particular expertise in marketing, but I have to wonder if the 260 would have had more success if Remington had initially offered a 100 grain bullet at 3,200 fps and a 120 grain bullet at 3,000 fps instead of, or in addition to, the relatively slow 140 grain load that they chose to launch with. In addition to the handicap of limited factory ammo options, Remington never cataloged the 260 in three of their best selling CF hunting rifles, the 700 ADL, 700 BDL, and 7600, which seems like a clear signal of their lack of support/commitment.

I'd like to hear more about your take on those factors that have mostly killed the 260 and which couldn't have been foreseen by Remington. Other than the fairly recent interest in the longer VLD bullets, I can't remember anything that was happening circa 1997/1998 that shouldn't have been on the marketing team's launch checklist.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JPro
It's certainly a handloader's cartridge. With the availability of ammo, the Creed is likely to establish a permanent and significant leg up on the .260Rem. Now I'm just waiting for Remington/Ruger/Winchester to produce a basic, plain-jane, factory Creed stainless sporter. Ruger did for a little while. I'm not needing a threaded, fluted, vented, hydro-dipped, cerakoted, Pep-Boys bling version.

Savage is the only manufacturer currently selling low and medium priced light barreled sporters in 6.5 Creedmoor, the Axis and 10/11.

I think that a standard, not Predator, style RAR in 6.5 Creedmoor would sell a lot of units. Ruger has a limited run RAR with Cerakoted metal in their on-line catalog, but I have heard that they haven't made any yet because the wholesaler who ordered them is in financial difficulty. The story is that the wholesaler had fronted Gander Mountain several million dollars of inventory that they didn't get paid for when GM declared bankruptcy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ruger chambers it in the FTW, supposely due to military interest in the round. 1-8" twist.

The Hodgdon manual shows a little higher speeds on the top end over the CM, but nothing earth-shattering and those focused on long pointy bullets are better off with the trendy kid. Still plenty of room for the .260 in the hunting fields, especially with Partitions and other pingpong balls. Any .308-based round is a pretty safe nvestment due to the plentiful and cheap brass.

If I were looking for a hunting rifle, my choice between the two would be based on which was available in the rifle I liked best.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Pappy,

My Tikka .260 has the standard SAAMI throat and magazine length, and I can't even seat 140-grain Nosler AccuBonds out to the lands. Or at least I couldn't before modifying the magazine to 3". (I tried a long-action Tikka magazine and it wouldn't feed .260's reliably.)

Another factor in the general downfall of the .260 is the suck selection of factory ammo. Remington dropped most loads pretty shortly after introduction, and while the Remington website lists a couple of 120-grain Accutip loads, the 140-grain Core-Lokt is the only load generally found in stores. It shoots OK in my Tikka but doesn't come anywhere close to the listed 2750 fps muzzle velocity, averaging around 2550. Most Campfire members are rifle loonies and therefore handloaders, but average hunters aren't, and for any cartridge to be popular with them there needs to be decent, affordable ammo in stores.

In contrast, Hornady has kept a good variety of 6.5 Creedmoor loads out there from the get-go, and continued to add to their list, especially with lower priced but accurate hunting loads.

Even in the late 1990's Remington should have had their finger on the pulse of shooters enough to foresee the increasing popularity of high-BC bullets. In fact the .260 first became popular among silhouette shooters, which should have provided a clue.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I'm hanging on to mine. In 30 years only the really cool people will have one, like owning a 6mm Remington today.

Plus, given current demand for it and the generally depressed firearms market overall I'd have to take half what I paid for it just to get rid of it... wink

I thought only really cool people bought .260's in the first place! 🆒😎

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by basdjs

I thought only really cool people bought .260's in the first place! 🆒😎

Of course a guy with two dozen of them might feel a need to support an orphan just to justify that investment.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm feeling the .260 love! I could never leave my .260's for a Creedmoor! It's just wrong!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Far be it from me to defend Remington, on pretty much anything. They've screwed the pooch on a bunch of good stuff, even before the fatal acquisition by the Freedom Group. It amazes me that they've managed to keep the doors open. When I start to itch all over for something, I never even consider them anymore.

Hornady, on the other hand, continues to turn out good stuff, and good ideas. Their support for semi-obsolete cartridges with brass and ammo does us all a service. After a couple of missteps, I've settled on their brass for my .243s finding it consistent in quality and weight over several lots. (I've got so much .308 and .270 brass around, mostly older Winchester, I doubt I'll ever need any more of either). I remember your initial (I think) article on the 6.5 and was impressed by good performance of the ammo, and also the fact that they put the load data on the box; a great idea. From stuff I've read here, that initial quality seems to be holding up, and I just checked and found they offer 11 loads, which is amazing.

Might have to rethink my notions about short 6.5s. Anyway, the selection of available .260s is so slim, it's hardly a factor.

How did the silhouette shooters deal with the .260's "issues", just single-loading?

Last edited by Pappy348; 07/18/17.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've only owned one 264/6.5mm - a model 700 264 Win Mag back in the late 60's.

If I were to get another of that caliber it would be a 6.5x06 or perhaps 6.5x57 and the 6.5x57 would not be on a short action.

The crede isn't sexy to me. The factory 260's are not either. But if I were to build a 260 it would be on a longer than the "short action" and it would have a faster twist like MD's. But it would be third or fourth choice of the 6.5mm's.

Remington has repeatedly has brought out cartridges with what I feel to slow of rifling twist. Back in the day, it was thought that spinning the bullet faster than needed was detrimental to accuracy. (Those engineers have retired), Remington's 244 vs the 243, the 444, are two cartridges besides the 260 with twists that in my opinion were too slow. Why can't Remington get it straight - bullets are more concentric than they were 75 years ago.

Prhaps what a friend told me is true, the gun loonies no longer work there, they all play golf now.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
If .260s came with 3" actions, 8 twist barrels, I may have ended up with one instead of a Creed.

DF

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
If .260s came with 3" actions, 8 twist barrels, I may have ended up with one instead of a Creed.

DF

The MRC 260 action and mag are 3.125".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think "single shot".

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jeffbird

DF

The MRC 260 action and mag are 3.125".

Seems they got it right, really right if they went 8 twist.

Remington has a long history of not reading or misreading the market.

DF

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm a handloader.. I'm in the 260 camp.... I have little brass that is 260 Rem headstamped, but plenty that is 7/08 or 308 head stamped....

I have a Rem VLS in 260...

a Pair of Ruger Stainless 77 Mk2s... 1 in 8 factory twist...

first thing I did with each one, is seat a dummy round with a 142 grain HP Sierra, magazine length and
took each to the gunsmith and had the chamber reamed out to fit it.

Also have a couple of 6.5 x 55s and a 6.5 x 57, chambered on a long action Model 70, with a heavy magnum
contour barrel.. a 28 inch Pac Nor, with a one in 8 twist on that one...

The Creedmoor does exactly what my other 6.5s do....with no real world increase in performance in my world...

people may consider it obsolete, but those of us who shoot 260s don't think so...

but hey, I don't want to rain on anyone's Creedmoor Parade....

and I don't think I've ever bought a box of 260 ammo....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Jim, are there more than the TWO of us w/6mm Rem ? whistle
grin grin

The ONLY. Reason I like the 6 Rem better is the LOOK of the case ! Yrs ago a friend told me the reason I like it better than the 243 is that...
the 6mm looks like a shorter 270 W. It does but I don't think that's all of it ? ?

If you lay/stand a 6mm R, 257 R, & 6.5X55 side X side, they are VERY similar.

Yep, I'm that shallow grin -- just AX my wife wink

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That would make 3 of us that have a 6mm Rem....

having both 260s and 6mm Rem... does that make one cool?

I'm usually not part of the 'cool' crowd...

I've also got a 6mm Rem necked to 6.5 mm.....

and a couple of 260s necked down to 6mm....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I shoot the 260 a wee bit in silhouette competition.

When I wore out the latest 260 barrel, I seriously considered the Creedmoor. Only the fact that I already had 260 comp dies, and enough life left in 400 Lapua brass to wear out the next barrel, made me stick with the 260. I think the Creed is a better design and is absolutely how I would go if starting over.

In a couple years when the latest Pac Nor, and this bunch of brass, is tired I expect to go Creed.

Last edited by RickF; 07/18/17.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348 [snip
How did the silhouette shooters deal with the .260's "issues", just single-loading?

Yes, once the hunter class rules were liberalized where a competitor was not required to feed rounds out of a magazine, only have a hunter class rifle capable of feeding from a magazine, then most of them switched over to single loading. In the standard (aka heavy) rifle class, you never had to feed out of a magazine, so they mostly all single loaded from the start. The other big change in the last several years has been the movement from the 308 family of cartridges (ie, 308, 7mm-08, 260) to shorter/smaller rounds like the 6.5x47 Lapua, the 260 Bobcat (aka 6.5x250 Sav), the 6.5 Creedmoor, and now the 6mm BR with fast twist barrels to handle the long & 'heavy' 6mm match bullets.

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
The Creed will end up putting more than just the .260 in the grave when all is said and done.

A .260 and 147 ELD's is an awesome combo though.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Higbean; 07/18/17.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As much as I like it, I'm not convinced that the 6.5 Creedmoor is going to be a mainstream hunting cartridge, because REM/WIN haven't shown a commitment to it by cataloging it in their most popular bolt action hunting rifles. Also, most of the current 6.5 Creedmoor factory ammo is geared toward long range hunting and target shooting, not, at least IMO, toward the average one box of ammo per year deer hunter.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hornady offers their inexpensive American Whitetail loaded with 129 gr. Interlocks which is about as perfectly deer oriented as you can get. A quick glance at Midway shows something like 16 out of 27 Creedmoor offerings being hunting ammo. How many types of ammo does the one box a year deer hunter want?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
As much as I like it, I'm not convinced that the 6.5 Creedmoor is going to be a mainstream hunting cartridge, because REM/WIN haven't shown a commitment to it by cataloging it in their most popular bolt action hunting rifles. Also, most of the current 6.5 Creedmoor factory ammo is geared toward long range hunting and target shooting, not, at least IMO, toward the average one box of ammo per year deer hunter.

I don't think you could be more wrong. I have no dog in the fight, not even owning a Creedmoor, but I'd bet its popularity will only gain momentum.

Remington has already announced they will be chambering their affordable 700 SPS in 6.5 Creedmoor.

BACO will never be a go-to for the average hunter, but i bet they start chambering in the near future. The "Extreme Weather" would be an ideal platform.

Hornady makes a standard 129 Interlock load... for $20 a box, I can't imagine what a finer, more affordable whitetail load could be:

http://www.hornady.com/store/6.5-Creedmoor-129-gr.-SP-American-Whitetail/

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...29-grain-interlock-spire-point-box-of-20

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Remington (Big Green) has made all too many market bloopers.

Hornady, on the other hand, listens to customers, follows up with innovative engineering. By offering excellent factory CM ammo at reasonable prices vs. what Remington and the big boys tend to do, results in their growth and success.

So, Hornady becomes the disruptor and given their market trajectory, they will continue to prosper while some of the big boys change hands, one investment house ownership to the next. Bean counters in charge is never good for an ammo or gun manufacturer.

Bean counters aren't Loony friendly.

Bill Ruger knew the market, knew the Loony mindset, was a Loony himself, fought with his own bean counters. He was the disruptor to the big boys and look how Ruger ended up with a major market share. Steve Hornady and team are doing a similar thing. More power to them.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have one either, but believe that once the word gets around the genpop about how well they kill, without beating you up, they'll catch on. There's a fair amount of churn that results from guys who've had bad results in the field, and a good bit of that is caused by lousy shooting because they're flinching (and don't know it). The classic fix for this is a .243, but a 6.5 is certainly a better all-around rifle.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Jeff,

Remington and Winchester don't dominate the rifle market as they used to.

Major European companies are now chambering rifles for the 6.5 Creedmoor. It's not just starting to become a standard American chambering, but world-wide. Of course, part of the reason is the U.S. being the largest rifle market, but the fact remains that European gun companies have a better idea of what's really going on than many Campfire members. I know this sounds strange, but it's true.

John Steinbeck
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hahaha!

Now if only they would resurrect the 6.5x54 as a mainstream cartridge...

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff,

Major European companies are now chambering rifles for the 6.5 Creedmoor. It's not just starting to become a standard American chambering, but world-wide. Of course, part of the reason is the U.S. being the largest rifle market, but the fact remains that European gun companies have a better idea of what's really going on than many Campfire members. I know this sounds strange, but it's true.

Despite its usefulness, I don't think that the 6.5 Creedmoor will reach the level of success/distribution in the U.S. that the 223, 243, 270, 7mm REM MAG, 30-30, 308, 30-06, and 300 WIN MAG have.

I can only report on what I see, and I what I see at the range and in gun racks are bolt action rifles from REM/RUG/SAV, lever action rifles from HEN/MAR, and semi-auto ARs. The only 6.5 Creedmoor that I've seen at the range that didn't belong to me was an RPR. I don't see many European rifles, a few Sakos, or Asian rifles, a few Vanguards, here in Nebraska. I travel a bit in the Midwest, Colorado, and in New England and I'm not seeing 6.5 Creedmoor rifles in the new/used racks or factory ammo on the shelf of small/local gun shops in those states either.

I'm not anti-6.5 Creedmoor, I currently have 7 of them and hope to buy a couple of the RAR 16942 style when/if they hit the market. I think that the factory ammo is great and I've shot a couple of whitetails with the 129 grain Hornady American Whitetail factory load from an RAR-P last fall, so I think that I'm doing my fair share to help it along.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Brad

I don't think you could be more wrong. I have no dog in the fight, not even owning a Creedmoor, but I'd bet its popularity will only gain momentum.

Remington has already announced they will be chambering their affordable 700 SPS in 6.5 Creedmoor.

BACO will never be a go-to for the average hunter, but i bet they start chambering in the near future. The "Extreme Weather" would be an ideal platform.

Hornady makes a standard 129 Interlock load... for $20 a box, I can't imagine what a finer, more affordable whitetail load could be:

http://www.hornady.com/store/6.5-Creedmoor-129-gr.-SP-American-Whitetail/

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...29-grain-interlock-spire-point-box-of-20

Which is why I wrote "most", not "all". I've killed whitetails with the 129 grain American Whitetail ammo and expect to kill some this Fall with the Winchester/Olin 125 grain Deer Season XP, just not sure which rifles I'll decide to carry afield.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff,

I believe it. I watch a couple of British shooting shows on YouTube and there's a tremendous amount of interest in rifles over there, despite the heavy hand of government. In Britain, it appears the .243 is the general choice for foxes and deer smaller than the reds ( about 6 or 7 species available, I think). After that, the .308 reigns. On the Continent, there's all kinds of stuff. Tikkas seem very popular with ordinary folks.

Ther was a review of the RAR on one show a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty positive. The shocker was the price given: 800 pounds!

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I can't help but think there is anything magical about one 6.5 cartridge over another. You take a good barrel/chamber, properly bed it in a good fitting stock, add a good trigger and top notch sighting, and most importantly the ability to use all of that and it won't matter what 6.5 it is- you will be able to strut around the internet crowing about the best thing since silk camisoles were invented.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't imagine anyone paying over $1,000 for any RAR.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought into the 260 Rem about a decade ago. Today I'd go with the Creedmoor. My rifle is heavy and I'd like a lighter counterpart. It'll likely be a 260 as I'm tooled up with expensive dies, but am thinking of doing it on an Win 70 short action to help with the mag length problems. The one I currently have is a Savage. I haven't had any trouble loading rounds where I want within it's mag confines. 139gr Scenar's are all I load in it.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
gnoahh,

It's been proven, in many formal tests, that a shoulder angle of about 30 degrees results in the most consistent pressure (and hence velocity), especially in short-cases cartridges; 20 and 40-degree angles do not result in the same consistency.

The first shooters to make a real study of this, as I recall, were Lou Palmisano and Ferris Pindell, when they were developing the PPC rounds, but 20 and 40-degree angles do not. Which is exactly why so many "accuracy" cartridges over the decades have 30-degree shoulders, including (perhaps accidentally, perhaps not) the .219 Wasp, developed by Harvey Donaldson before WWII. Today's line-up of 30-degree shoulder, short cartridges includes not just the 6.5 Creedmoor but David Tubbs 6XC, 6.5 Grendel and the the 6.5x47 Lapua, along with others.

Now, this shoulder angle's accuracy potential may not show up at closer ranges (though I have seen it over and over again in various 6.5 Creedmoors), and it may not be relevant to those shooters who primarily consider muzzle velocity the essential attribute of any cartridge. But it's there.

John Steinbeck
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Tikka website shows 1:8 as the standard twist for the .260 in the T3x. Of course that magazine does present real problems when you try to load rounds over about 129 grains and even the 123 grain A-Max is over long by a few thousandths when seated to hit the lands. But with the Tikka you can use their WSM magazine and get another .07" of OAL. It's not much but it is enough to hit the lands and stay within mag confines using the aforementioned 123 and probably some other higher BC bullets in the 120-130 grain range.

For this reason I went with the tikka in 6.5 Swede 8 twist. It comes with the long action magazine and feeds like butter. 143 ELD-X touch the lands in my rifle at 3.182. Lapua brass is a plus and reasonably priced for the swede. ☺

Tristan

Last edited by Trystan; 07/19/17.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I can only report on what I see, and I what I see at the range and in gun racks are bolt action rifles from REM/RUG/SAV, lever action rifles from HEN/MAR, and semi-auto ARs.

New England really isn't representative of America in almost any way, being far more tradition-bound than the rest of the country. Here in Montana, 6.5 Creedmoor's are nearly everywhere these days.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
gnoahh,

It's been proven, in many formal tests, that a shoulder angle of about 30 degrees results in the most consistent pressure (and hence velocity), especially in short-cases cartridges; 20 and 40-degree angles do not result in the same consistency.

The first shooters to make a real study of this, as I recall, were Lou Palmisano and Ferris Pindell, when they were developing the PPC rounds, but 20 and 40-degree angles do not. Which is exactly why so many "accuracy" cartridges over the decades have 30-degree shoulders, including (perhaps accidentally, perhaps not) the .219 Wasp, developed by Harvey Donaldson before WWII. Today's line-up of 30-degree shoulder, short cartridges includes not just the 6.5 Creedmoor but David Tubbs 6XC, 6.5 Grendel and the the 6.5x47 Lapua, along with others.

Now, this shoulder angle's accuracy potential may not show up at closer ranges (though I have seen it over and over again in various 6.5 Creedmoors), and it may not be relevant to those shooters who primarily consider muzzle velocity the essential attribute of any cartridge. But it's there.

6BR and 6BRx and 6 Dasher also, I think.

Last edited by DakotaDeer; 07/19/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I have long thought that Remington's launch of the 260 would be an interesting Harvard Business Review case study on how not to launch a new cartridge. ... I don't claim any particular expertise in marketing, but I have to wonder if the 260 would have had more success if Remington had initially offered a 100 grain bullet at 3,200 fps and a 120 grain bullet at 3,000 fps instead of, or in addition to, the relatively slow 140 grain load that they chose to launch with. In addition to the handicap of limited factory ammo options, Remington never cataloged the 260 in three of their best selling CF hunting rifles, the 700 ADL, 700 BDL, and 7600, which seems like a clear signal of their lack of support/commitment.

Making the standard load 140 grains made it hard to distinguish the 260 from the 7mm-08, which also uses 140 as the standard load. It's great to have 140 grain 260 loads as an option, but making 120 the standard load would have given the 260 a clear niche between the 243 at 100 grains and the 7mm-08 at 140.

Twist rates and magazine lengths may sell cartridges to rifle aficionados, but the lack of a clear identity made it hard to sell to ordinary hunters. Believe me, I tried.

Last edited by natman; 07/19/17.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a Swede and soon a 6mm AI so I must be cool. The Creed seems like what the 260 should have been in the first place with faster twist and a better fit in short actions and ARs. I could happily live shooting only the Remington step children like the 260, 6.5 Mag., and 8mm maybe even a 350.

PO Ackley and other devised the ALL Around Rifle in 6.5mm x 57 but pretty close to the Creed and this was in the 1940s. The creed is also an excellent youth cartridge that one would never out grow or be limited too much with. I think it will be a Fad for awhile but will endure due to usefulness.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I bought a Rem 700 BDLtainless/synthetic stock for Hunter class silhouette the first year that Remington introduced them, 1998 IIRC, at that time the rules stated that for Hunter class it must be an off the shelf rifle available to the general public.
It must have been built at the low point of some assemblers day, I ended up having to get it blue printed in order for it to shoot an acceptable group, the machinist who did the work said it was the most out of tolerance 700 he had even encountered.

Admittedly high power silhouette competition is hard on barrels because it is 5 shots in two and one-half minutes, usually a break of one minute then another 5 shots in two and one-half minutes, so the barrels get pretty hot. My disappointment with the 260 was that barrel life was about like a 243, by 1500 rounds the barrel was gone.

I like the 260 a lot but if I were to build another Hunter class rifle I would give the Creedmore a try just to see if barrel life was a bit better.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stopped by the local gun store yesterday (regional place, big inventory) and asked what had been selling. "Bergaras in 6.5 Creedmoor" was the answer. And this is in po-dunk north Louisiana. I look at 3-4 rifles a year for buddies/family to float barrels, mount scopes, or respring triggers, and I'm seeing some Creedmoors mixed in with the .308 and .270 stuff. These are not rifle loonies. Helping a guy put together his first semi-custom on a 700 and he picked the Creedmoor, after doing a bit of reading and research. Another guy called me last month for my opinion on a Texas smith making him his first turn-key lefty custom for deer hunting. He'd already decided on the Creedmoor. None of these guys handload and the good ammo at $20-30 a box is a big factor, along with the "easy shooting / long-range accuracy" concept. Many have figured out that they don't need a big kicking rifle to be effective on deer-sized animals and maybe there is not a good reason why also shooting your deer rifle for fun is a bad thing.

Now with even more aplomb
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Good thread.

Never underestimate the affect military rounds have/have had on the sporting world, i.e., .45-70, 30-06, .308,. 223, even 6.5x55, 7x57, etc.

A second major influence, IMO, are target shooters, thus 6.5-284, 6.5 Creed, etc. Those guys do a world of research and hair splitting developing their loads, benefitting those of us who hunt. I don't mind riding their coattails. Their data saves me time and barrels... wink

Not that pure hunting rounds, like 30-30, .270, .280, .243, etc. and most of the magnums, (.300 WM was a target round for years) don't have an impact. To me, the first two categories do influence the popularity of rounds hunters choose, especially us Loonies... cool.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dirtfarmer;
Good morning to you sir, hopefully the summer is treating you and yours well.

I too am enjoying the thread and not because we've been playing with the Swede cartridge for years here either, though I suppose the real world experience doesn't hurt.

Up here across the medicine line the biggest gain in shooters are the recreational shooters, not hunters as it was a couple decades ago. Typically they'll start with factory ammo and stock set up rifles, so the 6.5 Creed has become something we see more and more on our ranges too. As well we're seeing many more female shooters than we did previously and they tend to be results oriented in my experience - which better said perhaps would be they don't need the biggest/loudest - they just want to hit consistently and again the fast twist .223's and the 6.5 Creed does that with a tad less recoil than even a .308.

Those that wander away from shooting paper and steel and into the hunting fields are finding the .264" bullets work fine on deer sized game too and in this world of social media, the word gets around faster than it used to in print only days.

Anyway that's just one guy's thoughts on the matter and nothing more. All the best to you all this summer sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
gnoahh,

Thanks, John.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Pappy,

My Tikka .260 has the standard SAAMI throat and magazine length, and I can't even seat 140-grain Nosler AccuBonds out to the lands. Or at least I couldn't before modifying the magazine to 3". (I tried a long-action Tikka magazine and it wouldn't feed .260's reliably.)

Another factor in the general downfall of the .260 is the suck selection of factory ammo. Remington dropped most loads pretty shortly after introduction, and while the Remington website lists a couple of 120-grain Accutip loads, the 140-grain Core-Lokt is the only load generally found in stores. It shoots OK in my Tikka but doesn't come anywhere close to the listed 2750 fps muzzle velocity, averaging around 2550. Most Campfire members are rifle loonies and therefore handloaders, but average hunters aren't, and for any cartridge to be popular with them there needs to be decent, affordable ammo in stores.

In contrast, Hornady has kept a good variety of 6.5 Creedmoor loads out there from the get-go, and continued to add to their list, especially with lower priced but accurate hunting loads.

Even in the late 1990's Remington should have had their finger on the pulse of shooters enough to foresee the increasing popularity of high-BC bullets. In fact the .260 first became popular among silhouette shooters, which should have provided a clue.

John,
I would be very interested in the procedure used to modify the Tikka SA magazine in order to accommodate longer rounds. I have a T3 Hunter which features a 1-8" twist barrel but would like to seat some bullets out further.
Thanks.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 07/19/17.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Had good luck with Prime ammo in my MRC 260 and its available at a good price. Its quality brass which I reload with the same bullet options as my 6.5 CM.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I can only report on what I see, and I what I see at the range and in gun racks are bolt action rifles from REM/RUG/SAV, lever action rifles from HEN/MAR, and semi-auto ARs.

New England really isn't representative of America in almost any way, being far more tradition-bound than the rest of the country. Here in Montana, 6.5 Creedmoor's are nearly everywhere these days.

I see about the same distribution of bolt action rifles in the REM/RUG/SAV where I live, in Omaha, NE, where I travel to manage property, in Colorado, Nebraska, and South Dakota, and most places that I visit.

A lot of the breakthroughs in the shooting sports took place in New England, New York, and Pennsylvania despite people there being tradition bound. I would respectfully suggest that while what happens in Montana is fully representative of Montana, it is unlikely to be representative of the rest of America because the population is very small, approximately 1,000,000 people, and it is much more rural and less densely populated than much of the rest of the U.S.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
To the OP's questions - for me the answer is NO. I love the marketing that Hornady does not only with the Creedmor but other recent releases as well. Are the advantage of the Creedmor real - sure they are and are well documented. Can the AVERAGE consumer take REAL advantage of those - likely not. The 6.5 Creedmor is a great little cartridge but so is the 260. I have hunted with and shot competition with the 260 since it was released and actually a few years before as a "wildcat" cartridge. I have no complaints about the cartridge and it has never left me down (OK a few rams at 500 meters took hits but did not fall). I like them both and if I wasn't so old and set up with thousands of 260 emptys and loaded ammo I could use the 6.5 Creedmor with no problems (and maybe even knock down those sometimes stubborn rams wink )......but at this stage of the game I'll just suffer along with my 260 and keep shooting it at game and steel as long as I can smile . That all said I like muzzleloaders too laugh .

Last edited by PennDog; 07/19/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ha! Somehow I had it in my head you're in New Hampshire (New England) not NE, Nebraska. My bad!

I will say however, I think you're dead-wrong in your Creedmoor prognostication.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well..... If I was going to buy a deer rifle today, right now, it'd be a Howa Mini, light weight in 6.5 grendel.

Otherwise I'd go Creed. Seems like a better mouse trap.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ha! Somehow I had it in my head you're in New Hampshire (New England) not NE, Nebraska. My bad!

I will say however, I think you're dead-wrong in your Creedmoor prognostication.

I'll believe that the 6.5 Creedmoor is mainstream when I see the rifles and ammo at Wal-Mart alongside the 243s and 270s.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Well..... If I was going to buy a deer rifle today, right now, it'd be a Howa Mini, light weight in 6.5 grendel.

Otherwise I'd go Creed. Seems like a better mouse trap.

I'm liking the CZ more better.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Not if you watch Rips .260. Does some pretty good shooten with it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Cz got a lightweight carbine in 6.5 Grendel?

Stupidity is expensive
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by santeerangerman
It sure seems to be. Just a couple of years back, it was not that difficult to find at least some decent factory ammo. Local shops even here in SC would stock several different brands and loads. Today, you'll be lucky to find a dusty old box of 140 grn Cor-lokts. Even the mail order houses that I relied on, seem to have dried up quite a bit.

It's a real shame, it was not marketed better. It's a damn fine round. I guess the 6.5 Creedmoor just sounds sexier...

It's not so much a matter of sounding sexier.

The 260 has two major flaws.

- a slow twist that doesn't handle higher bc bullets.
- case geometry that would not handily accommodate longer high BC bullets in a 2.8" magazine.

Whoever designed the 6.5 Creedmoor had a clue what they were trying to achieve..

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

John,
I would be very interested in the procedure used to modify the Tikka SA magazine in order to accommodate longer rounds. I have a T3 Hunter which features a 1-8" twist barrel but would like to seat some bullets out further.
Thanks.

Not MD but I modified my .260 Tikka mag by milling out the rear plastic partition and epoxy glued a shorter version of it in it's place. Some have used a piece of aluminum c- channel of the proper dimension, available at some hardware stores. I then ground a bit off the bolt stop to give it a bit longer stroke. You can see what to shorten by looking at a pic of the long and short bolt stop together.
This worked great for me as I can now seat to the lands with 140gr VLDs and my Tikka went from a very ordinary shooter to the accuracy level I hoped to get, and maybe even better.
I had no luck with the long magazine, would not feed the .260s very good at all.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Kinda. A slick little 527, but it sports a 24" barrel. The local gun shop has one and it has above average walnut for a CZ 527. Even with the longer barrel, it feels well under 6 lbs.

I've had a .260 in my battery since 2005. First was a NULA and now it's a GA Precision build on a 700 action. It's my most accurate deer rifle and will shoot just about any bullet sub-MOA. It REALLY likes the 100 gr TTSX & IMR 4064. I don't shoot anything larger than 130 grains, a COAL of 2.750" has worked well for me in most bullet/powder combinations. It has a 22" Lilja 1-8" 3-groove barrel and I run 100's @ 3100, 120's @ 2900 & 130's @ 2800 fps. I'm very happy with it.

Last edited by DoeSlayer; 07/19/17.

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

- case geometry that would not handily accommodate longer high BC bullets in a 2.8" magazine.

Whoever designed the 6.5 Creedmoor had a clue what they were trying to achieve..

The two major flaws that you cite only are flaws when high BC VLD are part of the equation, Otherwise most component hunting bullets from 85 through 140 grains work fine with the 1-9" ROT that Remington used until recently and feed through the 2.8" Remington SA magazines as well as any of the other 308 family of cartridges. At least that has been my experience with around three dozen of them.

I started shooting rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor because it was something new to try and I'm always in search of new projects to keep busy.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yeaaaahhhh that 24inch barrel is a deal breaker for me. Their safety is bassakwards too isn't it?

Stupidity is expensive
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
What started the whole "is the .260 dead" with me was when I discovered that the Barnes Vortex line had dropped the .260 from their line of factory ammo. In the past 10 years, since I bought the .260 for my wife, I've never had a problem going to the few local gun shops in our area, and finding a good selection of 120 grn factory ammo for it.
This year is QUITE different. After going to 3 different gun shops, I managed to find 1 old, dusty box of 140 grn cor-lokts. Those same shelves are now filled with 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. Hence the question, is the .260 dead? There were many good answers, things that were never a issue for me, that I simply wasn't aware of. It's one of the reasons I do like this site. I may not post much, but I do come here almost daily to read the posts.

My wife and I are simply deer hunters. We're in the "sight in before the season begins" and then go hunting group. We'll get out once a month during the season( our season lasts 4.5 months here in South Carolina) and shoot a couple of times just to make sure nothing has moved. We MAY go thru 2 boxes of ammo in a year. I don't reload, so I rely on what Factory ammo is available. Her rifle, a Kimber I bought used off of here, shoots these amazing, tiny little groups, with nearly any 120 grn load I've tried. I've never wanted, or felt the need to shoot anything heavier it. The mild recoil, and report, makes it the ideal set up for my wife, and granddaughter, and the damn thing kills like there's no tomorrow. Thankfully, Superior Ammo is less than 10mins away, so I can always get ammo from them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
260 shooters are fortunate that there is still factory ammo available to them, WSSM shooters are envious.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

The two major flaws that you cite only are flaws when high BC VLD are part of the equation, Otherwise most component hunting bullets from 85 through 140 grains work fine with the 1-9" ROT that Remington used until recently and feed through the 2.8" Remington SA magazines as well as any of the other 308 family of cartridges. At least that has been my experience with around three dozen of them.

I started shooting rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor because it was something new to try and I'm always in search of new projects to keep busy.

In fairness, I believe Carmichael's idea was primarily a 'perfect' deer rifle. I can't offer any arguments to that.

Also, bullets and long range shooting have come a long way since the 260 was introduced.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Pass the 260 Remington.... epic cartridge...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll believe that the 6.5 Creedmoor is mainstream when I see the rifles and ammo at Wal-Mart alongside the 243s and 270s.

So you're in doubt of the 6.5 Creedmoor's viability if it doesn't have the popularity of the 243 or 270 ala Walmart. Pretty high bar, one not even the 300 WSM (the most successful cartridge roll-out of the last 50 years) can equal.

You're irrational.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So you're in doubt of the 6.5 Creedmoor's viability if it doesn't have the popularity of the 243 or 270 ala Walmart. Pretty high bar, one not even the 300 WSM (the most successful cartridge roll-out of the last 50 years) can equal.

You're irrational.

PRdon my ignorance, are you serious???

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Judman
PRdon my ignorance, are you serious???

Are you addressing me? If so, what ignorance of yours needs a pardon?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes I'm addressing you, about the 300?wsm being the top selling cartridge in the last 50 years... never had one.. carry on

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes I'm addressing you, about the 300?wsm being the top selling cartridge in the last 50 years... never had one.. carry on

If you can go back and read, I said it was the most successful cartridge roll-out (introduction) of the last 50 years... nowhere did I say it was the top selling cartridge of the last 50 years. Pretty hard to misunderstand I'd have thought.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Easy now Bradley.... guess this place has bred a defensive type behavior.... cool

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll take that to mean you completely misunderstood what I said. You indeed are pardoned. Go and read accurately in the future...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It's all good... and ya... but 260 is still a bad sumbitch, that I'll gladly slum...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No worries Jud. It's just cartridges, not real life we're talking about. laugh

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

John,
Thanks.

Not MD but I modified my .260 Tikka mag by milling out the rear plastic partition and epoxy glued a shorter version of it in it's place. Some have used a piece of aluminum c- channel of the proper dimension, available at some hardware stores. I then ground a bit off the bolt stop to give it a bit longer stroke. You can see what to shorten by looking at a pic of the long and short bolt stop together.
This worked great for me as I can now seat to the lands with 140gr VLDs and my Tikka went from a very ordinary shooter to the accuracy level I hoped to get, and maybe even better.
I had no luck with the long magazine, would not feed the .260s very good at all.

Thank you!

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You're irrational.

PS Jeff, meant to say I believe "you're irrational on this point" not "you're irrational" (which isn't a very nice thing to say, and clearly not true).

My apology in advance.

Typing on an i-pad sucks, and I tend to rush my thoughts using one.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Dirtfarmer;
Good morning to you sir, hopefully the summer is treating you and yours well.

I too am enjoying the thread and not because we've been playing with the Swede cartridge for years here either, though I suppose the real world experience doesn't hurt.

Up here across the medicine line the biggest gain in shooters are the recreational shooters, not hunters as it was a couple decades ago. Typically they'll start with factory ammo and stock set up rifles, so the 6.5 Creed has become something we see more and more on our ranges too. As well we're seeing many more female shooters than we did previously and they tend to be results oriented in my experience - which better said perhaps would be they don't need the biggest/loudest - they just want to hit consistently and again the fast twist .223's and the 6.5 Creed does that with a tad less recoil than even a .308.

Those that wander away from shooting paper and steel and into the hunting fields are finding the .264" bullets work fine on deer sized game too and in this world of social media, the word gets around faster than it used to in print only days.

Anyway that's just one guy's thoughts on the matter and nothing more. All the best to you all this summer sir.

Dwayne

Thanks, Dwayne.

You Canukes seem to be some of the most courteous, polite poster on the Fire. I realize, that bar can be pretty low at times... blush

But, my hat's off to you guys. I enjoy and appreciate your input.

BTW, it's hot down here, humidity is terrible, just about too hot and humid to go to the range, and that's not good. Thank God for A/C.

I hadn't thought about the ranks of recreational target shooters growing faster than hunters. Hunting is getting more expensive, good hunting places harder to find. So, I guess that trend for people who like to shoot in inevitable.

Best regards to you, sir.

DF

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
That's also what my friends in the firearms, optics and component business say. The number of target shooters is not only increasing, while hunter numbers remain the same or drop, but target shooters are far more willing to spend considerable money on rifles, scopes and bullets. This is why there are far more "tactical" type rifles and scopes appearing all the time, many of them pretty pricey, not to mention scope reticles that often aren't all that practical for a lot of big game hunting. It's also why more and more bullet companies have gotten into the match-bullet business, when many of them started and made their name in hunting bullets. Target shooters use a LOT more bullets, whether competitive shooters, or simply guys who want to ring steel at longer ranges.

John Steinbeck
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder if many of those "target" shooters are a bit hesitant to admit that they get a kick out of "wasting" time and components on pursuits that are not hunting, and because of that, go to extraordinary lengths to utilize their "target" rigs for hunting, thereby justifying (in their own eyes as well as in the eyes of their "peers") the existence of same.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
That's also what my friends in the firearms, optics and component business say. The number of target shooters is not only increasing, while hunter numbers remain the same or drop, but target shooters are far more willing to spend considerable money on rifles, scopes and bullets. This is why there are far more "tactical" type rifles and scopes appearing all the time, many of them pretty pricey, not to mention scope reticles that often aren't all that practical for a lot of big game hunting. It's also why more and more bullet companies have gotten into the match-bullet business, when many of them started and made their name in hunting bullets. Target shooters use a LOT more bullets, whether competitive shooters, or simply guys who want to ring steel at longer ranges.

Yep, a box of Core-Lokts will last some hunters several seasons... grin

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You're irrational.

PS Jeff, meant to say I believe "you're irrational on this point" not "you're irrational" (which isn't a very nice thing to say, and clearly not true).

My apology in advance.

Typing on an i-pad sucks, and I tend to rush my thoughts using one.

Brad,

I never take that which is posted here personally unless it is a rude, therefore uncalled for, comment and/or a vile personal attack, such as someone posting that they wished that I would die or have another stroke. I just put those people on ignore and go about my business. I think that it is best to shun people who are rude. If you don't acknowledge them then they don't exist in your universe and all is good. Civil disagreement is healthy, as it keeps everyone thinking. OTOH, rude disagreement, including name calling, is just rude behavior and the people engaged in it are unworthy of respect even if their arguments are worthy of discussion.

Perhaps it is irrational for me to set such a high bar, but there isn't any "standard" threshold for "mainstream", so my use of Wal-Mart as my standard is probably as good as anyone's, right?

If the 6.5 Creedmoor becomes a mainstream cartridge, it would be the first commercial 6.5mm bore cartridge to do so in the U.S. in all of recorded history. The 256 Newton was, I believe, the first commercial 6.5mm bore cartridge introduced to the U.S. market and neither it, nor those 6.5mm bore cartridges that have been introduced since have gained much market share. The only 6.5mm bore cartridge that has gained much market share in my lifetime is the 6.5x55 and the initial vehicle responsible for contributing to its success were the tens of thousands of inexpensive Swedish Mauser military rifles that were imported into the U.S. post-WW2. Even with its success, I still wouldn't call the 6.5x55 mainstream, because all of the major firearms manufacturers don't catalog it as a regular offering. Or so it seems to me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most of the younger target shooters that I see at the range are pretend snipers, Chris Kyle wannabes playing "tactical" games. They probably do spend a lot of money on gear and ammo, too bad they can't buy skill over the counter too.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No, they can't buy skill over the counter; but if they stick with it, they can develop skill at the range. It may one day dawn on them that they aren't as good as they think they are and they may do something about it. Something like going to a long range shooting school.

Stupidity is expensive
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Besides the round designed for SA guns, part of the secret of the CM is accurate attractively priced rifles and accurate competitively priced ammo off the shelf

Lots of performance without a lot of effort or cost. Millennial generation "snipers" can look pretty good, first trip from their favorite LGS to the range... wink

More and more of these new rifles have the tacticool look... cool

An inherently accurate round doesn't hurt. What's not to like.

The market does drive the product.

DF

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I suspect two other reasons the .260 didn't sell like Remington hoped were the .25-06 and 7mm-08, which had already been around for a while. Hunters who wanted more power than the .243 could buy a .25-06 if they wanted more zap with lighter-weight bullets, and hunters who wanted more bullet weight could buy a 7-08. As a result the .260 seemed to many a round that was going over already plowed ground.

Of course, that was back before so many hunters had problems running long-action bolts, or were aware of the incredibly enormous advantages of 6.5mm bullets.

John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

smile

I actually rebarreled a T3 .243 with a Lilja tube to 6mm Rem.

It is a smoking accurate little gun.

Talk about an under rated cartridge. Not that I care about popularity.

My daughter took her first deer with it at exactly 198 yards and I have never seen a mule deer bang-flop that hard.

85 grain Sierra Hollow Point Boat Tail Game Kings at 3430 FPS flat out hammer every thing they hit.

I really love that gun.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I suspect two other reasons the .260 didn't sell like Remington hoped were the .25-06 and 7mm-08, which had already been around for a while. Hunters who wanted more power than the .243 could buy a .25-06 if they wanted more zap with lighter-weight bullets, and hunters who wanted more bullet weight could buy a 7-08. As a result the .260 seemed to many a round that was going over already plowed ground.

Of course, that was back before so many hunters had problems running long-action bolts, or were aware of the incredibly enormous advantages of 6.5mm bullets.

Yes, but aren't most, if not all, of the cartridges introduced in the past 50 years, since 1967, redundantly covering already plowed ground?

Not all newly introduced cartridges achieve the degrees of success that their designers surely hoped that they would, for examples of such I'd cite, among others, the 17HM2, the SAUMs, the WSSMs, and the 338 FED.

Do you know the number of cartridges introduced since 1967 and, of that group, which have been successful enough to be considered mainstream?

PS - this isn't intended to be argumentative, just curious and not motivated enough to mine my own data.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I may be off base..... let me restate that, let's assume I'm off base, but I think that there is a simple reason wy the 6.5 Creedmoore is as successful as it is, and that is it's lower level of recoil. Perhaps especially recoil velocity.

Hornady presented the cartridge as accurate and long range, which is essentially what the magnums promised starting with Weatherby: long range shooting. In the real world, though, even super macho, tough as nails, uber-studs don't like 300 Magnum level recoil. Or 7mm Rem Magnum level recoil. Or, really, even 308 level recoil. We started shooting AR's and realized we liked shooting, just not the big boomers.

I never minded the recoil of my 358 or my Whelen. The 358 Norma and the 7mm Rem I found both about equally obnoxious, and I think that's because of recoil velocity of the rifles in those rounds.

The 6.5 CM gives people that fancy "long range" shooting an excuse to get away from the big boomers and shoot something they don't hate pulling the trigger. The 260 never gave them the cover of "long range accuracy" and "latest greatest" like the 6.5 CM does.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Dutch
We started shooting AR's and realized we liked shooting, just not the big boomers.

The 6.5 CM gives people that fancy "long range" shooting an excuse to get away from the big boomers and shoot something they don't hate pulling the trigger.

You nailed it. The AR craze precipitated low-recoil, fun-shooting, go to the range and have a good time. The Creedmoor is capitalizing upon it for bolt actions at longer range.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Dutch,

Light recoil is indeed one of the reasons for the success of the 6.5 Creedmoor. I mentioned this in yet another 6.5 Creedmoor thread elsewhere on the Campfire a month or two ago, pointing out that here in Montana it has started to replace the .243 as the "woman's rifle" that almost every guy buys for his girlfriend, wife or daughter. This is partly because the Creedmoor is perceived, rightly or wrongly, as more elk-suitable than the .243, due to heavier bullets, and here are a LOT more elk here than there were even 15-20 years ago. It's also partly because the buzz on the 6.5 Creedmoor has even reached many "average" hunters, who become inttrigued enough to buy one for their GF/wife/daughter so they can also try it out. When they do, they discover not only how well it shoots with factory ammo, but then they hear or see how it works in the field, and start to realize the 7mm Remington or .300 Ultra Magnum they've been using isn't really needed for most big game hunting. (I mention the .300 UM specifically because earlier this year I helped a younger friend sight-in the Creedmoor he'd bought for his wife. He was amazed at the accuracy and lack of recoil recoil, especially after being pounded by his .300 UM for a couple of years now.)

So how did the Creedmoor get all this credit, when the .260 (and similar 6.5's) were essentially cult items for decades? Well, maybe Hornady just did a good job oN publicity, and the accurate, affordable factory Creedmoor rifles and ammo sure didn't hurt. But I suspect some of the buzz carried over from the growing target-shooting sector. Ground-buzz for new cartridges didn't work that way until recently, which is why so many older shooters grumble that their 6.5x55 or .260 or whatever does the same things as the Creedmoor. Well, yes and no. If you're talking about handloads, yeah, especially in custom or semi-custom rifles. But factory 6.5x55 and .260 rifles have never been as affordable or accurate as 6.5 Creedmoor rifles. I know this through owning a bunch of both over the years, including customs built when I wasn't satisfied with factory rifle accuracy in either the 6.5x55 or .260. And just try to buy decent factory ammo in either 6.5x55 or .260. It's there, somewhere, but not in nearly as many stores, in nearly as many varieties as 6.5 Creedmoor. But the very first 6.5 Creedmoor I bought, a Ruger Hawkeye, put 5 rounds (not 3) of factory ammo into 5/8" for its very first group at 100 yards, right out of the box. My present Ruger American shoots even better, also out of the box, and cost a lot less.

Then there's the simple reality that hunting bullets have changed enough over the past 15 years that many can't fit in a short magazine and be seated to the lands. This isn't just target-type bullets, but some more mainstream ones. I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread that even Nosler AccuBonds couldn't be seated to the lands in my Tikka T3 .260, and still have rounds fit in the magazine. That Tikka has the standard SAAMI throat length, and the magazines are the standard SAAMI 2.84" long, but a popular hunting bullet like the Accubond couldn't be seated out to the lands (where it shoots best) and still fit in the standard short magazine.

The basic fact is the 6.5 Creedmoor is a 6.5x55 or .260 designed for the reality of today's factory rifles. Apparently that offends some rifle loonies, who apparently have their ego all wound up in their cartridge choices. Is the 6.5 Creedmoor the BEST? I don't know, because it's hard to say what's BEST, but it certainly works both mechanically and in the marketplace.

Personally, I like a bunch of 6.5 cartridges (as well as a bunch of other cartridges). Right now, aside from two 6.5 Creedmoors I have rifles chambered for the 6.5x54mm Mannlicher-Schoenauer, 6.5x57R Mauser, 6.5x55 (a custom FN Mauser),.260 Remington and 26 Nosler, and in the past have played around with several other .260's and 6.5x55's, as well as a 6.5-06 and two .264 Winchester Magnums, and have probably forgotten some other 6.5's. The only one of my present batch I might sell is my Weatherby Vanguard 6.5 Creedmoor, not because there's anything wrong with it, but because like many Campfire members it could fund something other rifle-loony infatuation.

But to deny that the 6.5 Creedmoor isn't becoming a standard cartridge (for good reasons) and to insist that the .260 or 6.5x55 or whatever SHOULD be the 6.5 of choice is to deny sporting-rifle reality. It's like the loonies who still insist that if the .280 Remington had been introduced before the .270 Winchester, the .270 never would have appeared. Whether that's true or not is irrelevant, because it DIDN'T HAPPEN.

John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Seafire
That would make 3 of us that have a 6mm Rem....

having both 260s and 6mm Rem... does that make one cool?

Yeah, but you'd be KOOLER w/o the 260 whistle grin

I have a 6.5X55 (Swede) in a proper length 70, WHY do I need another short 6.5 ? smirk

OTOH - I'd be interested in a 6.5-06. smile

S As don't mean squat to me.

Jerry

ps: I forgot to mention: I've been occupied the last few days and haven't been here Seafire. I see there were a lot of comments made the last couple of days.

Last edited by jwall; 07/21/17.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Pass the 260 Remington.... epic cartridge...

I do too.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
With over 50 rifles in my home and I do not have a .300 wsm.. Damn I must be slipping and none of my rifle loonie hunting buddys seem to be carring one either, will have to drive over to Whittaker guns this week!

"the .30-06 is never a mistake"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
L l -

Altho I've never owned the 300 WSM, It's a very decent if not excellent cartridge.

The ONLY reason I've never owned 1 is that I have been set up to load the 300 WM since @ 1978.
Otherwise I'd have 1 or some.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think you guys are also missing an item that we've all overlooked as to why the 6.5 CM has been more successful than the .260. The Internet. Think about the amount of information available over the Internet today compared to 20 years ago when the .260 was introduced? Anyone that is looking for a new rifle today has information at their fingertips. Marketing therefore has had a profound effect through the 'net.

I still like my .260 and will continue to use it. If I was started out today, I would go the 6.5 CM. Why? The ability to buy factory 6.5 ammo when .260 cannot be found. I reload for the .260 but like the safety net of having availability.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by devnull
I think you guys are also missing an item that we've all overlooked as to why the 6.5 CM has been more successful than the .260. The Internet. Think about the amount of information available over the Internet today compared to 20 years ago when the .260 was introduced? Anyone that is looking for a new rifle today has information at their fingertips. Marketing therefore has had a profound effect through the 'net.

I still like my .260 and will continue to use it. If I was started out today, I would go the 6.5 CM. Why? The ability to buy factory 6.5 ammo when .260 cannot be found. I reload for the .260 but like the safety net of having availability.

Good point.

Back in the day, it was what the gun writers had to say, what was in the gun mags for us to read.

Today, in this digital age there's a plethora of info, much of which sorta feeds on itself with growing intensity until it's woven into the culture, some of which may be urban myth more than fact.

Not too different from the current political scene with lots of "fake news", and propaganda mixed in with real news until it's hard to discern what's what as public opinion is being "shaped".

Hopefully our shooting world isn't as screwed up as the political scene, but some of those principles do apply, IMO.

And, everyone has to protect his "turf" regarding guns, rounds, loads, etc... grin

Otherwise, there wouldn't be much to discuss here on the Fire... laugh

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
260 Rem is probably the best all 6.5 for hunting

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I would take a 260 Rem any day over the CM. Just a bunch of Hype because of the "fancy" name!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It might be dead from a marketing stand point....but certainly not from the stand point of those that
shoot it...

Spent a lot of years in the sales end of marketing...

doesn't matter the product, marketing is marketing...

if the 30/06 was introduced today, it would be a dead cartridge with 3 to 4 years...

people would complain its too big for your needs, and the other folks would complain it ain't enough..

Marketing has nothing based on efficiency, practicality or anything else...

it is creating a perceived need, often where one doesn't exist.... by those that have the solution
available for the problem the marketing folks convinced you that you have...

I didn't buy a 260 back in 1998, because it was the latest greatest idea out of the gun rags or the marketing TP.

I bought one, because I loved the 6.5 bore, thinking it was one of the most efficient.
but yet being a 308 necked down, brass availability would be no problem....

and besides, it was a 6.5 mm in an American Case... the 308.. how more red white and blue can ya get?

if the 260 and the 6.5 Creedmoor were both brought to market today.. my pick would be the 260
strictly due to the case it was made available in.. over the Creedmoor.

kinda the same philosophy I've used, spinning a 204 barrel off of an action and spinning on a new barrel
in 20 cal and having it chambered for the 20 Practical...

its a 204 performance, with readily and plentifully available brass...

guys I know who shoot 204 are scrambling for brass.. when it wasn't that long ago
you could get brass all over the place... because the marketing dweebs had enough
people convinced it was the greatest varmint cartridge ever produced....

marketing hype doesn't work real well on me.. I guess after being around it for 30 to 40 years professionally.

that is why I have the 260s, instead of getting rid of them and getting a 6.5 Creedmoor...

and being a handloader.. doesn't matter how much variation in ammo is available....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by kenster99
I would take a 260 Rem any day over the CM. Just a bunch of Hype because of the "fancy" name!

The CM addresses a few technical points better than does the 260. These were mentioned earlier in the thread. Did you miss them? Did you note them but dismiss them as false? Do you simply not care because you despise marketing, never mind if at least some of the marketing points are accurate?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by devnull

Good point.

Back in the day, it was what the gun writers had to say, what was in the gun mags for us to read.

Today, in this digital age there's a plethora of info, much of which sorta feeds on itself with growing intensity until it's woven into the culture, some of which may be urban myth more than fact.

Not too different from the current political scene with lots of "fake news", and propaganda mixed in with real news until it's hard to discern what's what as public opinion is being "shaped".

Hopefully our shooting world isn't as screwed up as the political scene, but some of those principles do apply, IMO.

And, everyone has to protect his "turf" regarding guns, rounds, loads, etc... grin

Otherwise, there wouldn't be much to discuss here on the Fire... laugh

DF

I think that being passionate about an inanimate object, be it a cartridge, a firearm, an automobile, or anything else is a waste of energy. If you like something and someone else likes something different, why do you care? I do what I want to do and don't care what others do as long as what they do doesn't have a negative impact on me and what they shoot or drive surely doesn't. I currently have 49 firearms that are chambered for 6 different 6.5mm bore cartridges. They are totally redundant, plowing the same ground as John put it, but I don't care, as each one has its own character and in some way has given me pleasure.

I actually have been influenced by gun writers when I was younger. I was positively influenced by the late great Skeeter Skelton with regard to the S&W Model 27 and the .44 Special. I was positively influenced by the late great Jack O'Connor with regard to the 257 Roberts and 7x57. I was positively influenced by the late Larry Kollar with regard to the Savage 1920 and .250-3000. I was negatively influenced by a well known writer who is still active, as I felt that he had a tendency to write about things that he hadn't researched very well, not often, but often enough, and by doing so he put incorrect information into the public domain that many people will take at face value and perpetuate the spread of erroneous information because it was written by a "name" gun writer. I felt strongly enough to write to him once and I received a nice letter in return that when distilled down amounted to "Who cares what the public thinks." and "Only a hand full of collectors will ever recognize the points that you've raised and they will ignore what I've written, so should you.". Now I ignore his work and have never felt the loss.

The internet is a great tool, but there is probably as much wrong information to be found on it as there is correct information, the challenge is to sort truth from the rest.

While I've declared myself to be a 260 fan via my handle here and my email address, I'm not going to attempt to influence anyone by arguing its merits or defending its faults, 'cause I don't care what other people do. My favorite long action 6.5mm bore cartridge is the 256 Newton, but it is a PITA to make cases for, so why would anyone want to start down that road when easier options abound? Today, the 6.5 Creedmoor is indisputably superior to the 260 in two areas, better factory ammo and the shorter case design allows for the use of longer, high BC VLD bullets in a short action. If you loaded both cartridges with typical hunting bullets in the 85 to 130 grain range, I doubt that there is any meaningful difference between the two, assuming that all other variable factors are equal. O'Connor wrote about such things nearly 50 years ago and what he wrote then would be equally accurate today just by changing the names of the objects being discussed. Or so it seems to me.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 07/21/17. Reason: Fixed spelling error.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The 6.5 cm has had a distinct marketing advantage over the .260 for sure. Upon deciding to switch to 6.5, after burning out a 6mm Remington, the .260 was a no-brainer for me. I have infinite access to Hornady match .308 brass. I went with a Criterion barrel for the re-barrel and will never buy any other brand. My .260 has shot well with every single load that I put through it.

I recently loaded some 147 ELD-M and had zero trouble. It crunched a little powder, but so what. It shot them into 1/2 moa, at 2724 fps. I shoot 129 Hornadys at 3010 fps, also into 1/2 moa. If I had not had the brass, I would have probably bought a Creed, but I have seen zero advantage over the .260.

You cannot go wrong with either, but I like my .260. It has become my favorite rifle.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Don't try to intervene when a Chevy man is arguing with a Ford man... wink

And, for sure, don't bring up Dodge; they'll both jump on you... shocked

DF

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I hope it's not dead, I've got three of them! I have a custom long range "tactical" rig that was throated for 140 high BC bullets, a Kimber Montana and a Remington Faux-Ti in a shortened stock which will be my daughter's deer rifle in a couple years.

If I was starting from scratch I would probably start with the Creed but I'm no going to sell my .260's to switch over.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by sbhooper
I recently loaded some 147 ELD-M and had zero trouble. It crunched a little powder, but so what. It shot them into 1/2 moa, at 2724 fps. I shoot 129 Hornadys at 3010 fps, also into 1/2 moa. If I had not had the brass, I would have probably bought a Creed, but I have seen zero advantage over the .260.

What are your best loads, 147 ELD and 129 Horn?

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 260 Rem sure isn't dead at this house and I have no desire or need to get rid of it for a 6.5 Creedmoor. The Creedmoor might become more popular but I don't think the 260 will disappear anytime soon. I also will mention that Hornady is offering a couple of different 260 Rem loads this year so it must be far from dead.

Gerry.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been shooting and hunting with a 6.5 x 55 since 1989 when I bought my first one. Now I have a Sako Hunter so chambered for over 20 years now, never found it lacking in accuracy or the ability to put game on the ground! The gun market is a very fickle place, some cartridges succeed and others fail. In the end, a 270 or 30-06 is going to work just fine on the game we shoot these days, but there is no fun in that! As I get older and I am getting up there age wise, It has dawned on me that most don't care one way or another on such things. We do because we are an odd bunch, after all, I have never seen a gun or a cartridge yet that I didn't like. Of course, if I had any sense at all, I would have just kept hunting with the 30-30 I bought in 1971 and saved a ton of money over the years. It's a sickness I tell you a sickness.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gmsemel
............... and saved a ton of money over the years. It's a sickness I tell you a sickness.

YES, it is....but I'm better now. crazy
grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by sbhooper

What are your best loads, 147 ELD and 129 Horn?

DF

I'll shoot you a PM.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

251 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 34 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,052
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.