Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well Miles, your hip and back must be feeling better 'cause we know you must be doing some of those fancy Arkansas Cherokee rain dances. We've had just a tad over 1" of rain here since Sunday. Looks like some more coming this week. If the pattern continues, we should be in good shape for the forest and campfire time.

Mark, thanks for offering the bench. Have not yet heard from OWL to know if he can bring Dennis' heavy bench, so let's see what will happen there. We don't want to hand you any additional tasks/concerns. If we need it, Maybe it could be in the same transfer as the BP shoot tables.

All: I did manage to trade with someone on the "Fire to get one box of the Sierra 140g in .264, so that is relieved. Still looking for those seemingly scarce 142g. Accubonds.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
That was EXACTLY the thought, Paul.
I called Jon this morning, but didn't get through - hoping to hear from him this evening, as I MAY get to go retrieve "The Warden" tomorrow. Hoping smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mark....

give our best to JOY.. tell her she has her own cheering section going on right now...

Paul,

if you are short shooting tables, I have that one I brought a few years ago...

its a pretty decent one, hand made by a departed Doctor Friend of mine whose other
hobby besides shooting was wood working...

and once again, if Tables are needed, I can round up some here also..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
Well Miles, your hip and back must be feeling better 'cause we know you must be doing some of those fancy Arkansas Cherokee rain dances. We've had just a tad over 1" of rain here since Sunday. Looks like some more coming this week. If the pattern continues, we should be in good shape for the forest and campfire time.

Mark, thanks for offering the bench. Have not yet heard from OWL to know if he can bring Dennis' heavy bench, so let's see what will happen there. We don't want to hand you any additional tasks/concerns. If we need it, Maybe it could be in the same transfer as the BP shoot tables.

All: I did manage to trade with someone on the "Fire to get one box of the Sierra 140g in .264, so that is relieved. Still looking for those seemingly scarce 142g. Accubonds.

I should have access to Dennis' shooting table, target stands, etc We spoke about this before he left Sunny AZ for the land of Fur, Fish, and Fun.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mark - looks like we will have enough shooting bench stuff without your going to the extra work to send yours. Thanks for being so helpful. Sure hope that you catch a break and that Joy and you can get to the event.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul, when you start the final head count... Alan Upshaw and Randy Upshaw from the Bayou State!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Paul, when you start the final head count... Alan Upshaw and Randy Upshaw from the Bayou State!

Got it, bud.
Any others want to confirm now? Please give number/name(s) if more than you.

I've started trying to get a sum and somewhere around 7/21 will try to post the list for final check.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Seafire verified... sadly the wife can't make it this year...

Courtesy of Kronos...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Count me in... Again.

Looking forward to seeing all of you rascals.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I have several pounds of ground wild boar (from the Campfire Hog Hunt) I can bring. It's not seasoned for sausage yet but either I can season it, or someone else can take a stab at it.

I have some pre-made sausage seasoning I could bring- Just let me know.

IC B3

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks to Darby, I will have a box of those .264 Accubonds. Good man.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just to be clear, we still need the tables for the bowling pin shoot that Mark has been keeping.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
Just to be clear, we still need the tables for the bowling pin shoot that Mark has been keeping.

Thanks, Ben. Jon - are you connected with Mark on this for you to pick up the tables from him in Alb. (or, maybe in Rio Rancho) and get them to camp? If not and that won't work out for you, please advise soon so that we can make alternate plans. Randy has offered to pick them up as he comes through Alb if need be. Please chime in.

All: Some strong rain during the night and a bit more today off and on - if this pattern continues the forest will stay open and conditions should be nice in camp.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul, I am sorting my gear now. Will start putting it in the truck soon. Takes me a while. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I haven't been able to connect with Jon, but the table parts are in storage @ Bernalillo - as of last week.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I just got off the phone with Jon - the tables will go down with him. (Some assembly required smile )

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I just got off the phone with Jon - the tables will go down with him. (Some assembly required smile )

Mark, thanks for your help. How is Mrs Joy, today?

You know, tracking down one of us older gentlemen isn't too hard... just call the house and if we aren't there, we will be, shortly. But tracking down a young fellow... now that's a different story all together. Young, rambunctious, full of vigor, on the go all the time... course a new little one will "clip the wings" so to speak. grin (just picking Jon)

Jon, thanks for your help, too. Look forward to seeing you.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My daughter (Julia) and I will try to be there again this year; however, her mother is giving me hell about it. We will make every attempt to be there. I meant to grab my Dutch Oven while we were in Dallas a few weeks ago, but I forgot.

Are there any non-essential items we can bring for everyone, provided we make it out this year?

Julia was asking if Cadence will be there again this year?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We'll be watching for you HN - I don't know if Cadence will be present. If not, I will miss her.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Regretfully the kids and I will not be able to make it. I've had some things come up in the last couple of weeks that need my time and money.
Sorry guys I will miss being with you.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,791 guests, and 1,439 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,292
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.