Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
No. You talk to the manager of the liquor store and get them to put them aside for you.

Its just like have a call list at the LGS so if an old Sako Vixen or a Pre-64 come in that they call you first.

GB1

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
But I sip whiskey to please me, not to live up to some blowhards standards of how to properly serve whiskey.

veiled reference to mathman

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Locally the distributors have stopped carrying Rittenhouse Rye and that is one I really miss.

See if they have Old Forester BIB...outside of scotch, the best whiskey I've ever had (which is no great claim).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by sse
But I sip whiskey to please me, not to live up to some blowhards standards of how to properly serve whiskey.

Somebody has to uphold standards. grin

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
About a year or so ago, somebody posted on here about aging cheaper whiskey in fifth sized oak barrels. He said load in a bottle of Jim Beam for about 8 weeks.
Been meaning to do that....

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sil got a new job yesterday and momma returned from a mini vacation. Thought some celebration was in order

T bone steaks vue cliqot (sp? ) champagne and woodford double oak $56

Dayum I'm worried their sprinkling something addictive in woodford. That stuff is good

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse

Not at all, it's a general statement about elitist in any endeavour that insist that there is only one proper way to do something whether it be dry fly fishing, stick and string archery, whisky drinking etc.

I personally think a whiskey should stand on it's own served neat at room temperature. But if someone prefers a dash of water, ice cube, chilled, or some other way to please their taste buds I'm not about to correct them or belittle them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
mathman: you should write a whiskey, whisky, bourbon Rules Of Engagement primer smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by sse

Not at all, it's a general statement about elitist in any endeavour that insist that there is only one proper way to do something whether it be dry fly fishing, stick and string archery, whisky drinking etc.

I personally think a whiskey should stand on it's own served neat at room temperature. But if someone prefers a dash of water, ice cube, chilled, or some other way to please their taste buds I'm not about to correct them or belittle them.

I'm 100% with you, but when I'm drinking with good friends I'm gonna bust their balls once in awhile.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
No. You talk to the manager of the liquor store and get them to put them aside for you.

Its just like have a call list at the LGS so if an old Sako Vixen or a Pre-64 come in that they call you first.

The manager of one store told me if he had anything interesting, he would put it in back for me. I've been in his store probably 20 times since then and not once has he said...."Hey....I have something in back for you". And he knows what I'm looking for.

I bet there's 100 customers he's told the same thing.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mathman is finest kind. I have always appreciated him, even though he does not approve of my drinking good Bourbon with a lime and Coke. smile

Picked up fresh bottles of Bookers, Bulleit, FourRoses Small Batch and Larceny today.

Sam......

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, AB2506, 406_SBC, 2ndwind, 15 invisible), 2,786 guests, and 794 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,806
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.