Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Pretty rare to see anything I would describe as "hot" on the back of a Harley. Now - I HAVE seen a few of them actually riding one on their own - but that's rare too. Tzone is right about this.
It depends more on what part of the country one is residing at, IMHO...

As for "fitting a woman on the back".....My definition of "hot" doesn't require that big seat with a backrest.
Maybe 'your' definition doesn't require that, but if you want HER to be comfy and keep riding with ya, it would behoove you to add that 'big seat and a backrest'... If nothing else, just for safety's sake..

YMMV.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Been plenty dirty, still get plenty dirty. If you ride long distance you are gonna git a little dirty , ....thats what saloons are for.... to wash the dust down.

Aerostich is for riders. Managers and CEOs buy HD sometimes because , well I guess they want be a carefree, open road big 2 wheeler type.

Don't git yer panty hose inna twist now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck

Pretty rare to see anything I would describe as "hot" on the back of a Harley. Now - I HAVE seen a few of them actually riding one on their own - but that's rare too. Tzone is right about this.
It depends more on what part of the country one is residing at, IMHO...

As for "fitting a woman on the back".....My definition of "hot" doesn't require that big seat with a backrest.
Maybe 'your' definition doesn't require that, but if you want HER to be comfy and keep riding with ya, it would behoove you to add that 'big seat and a backrest'... If nothing else, just for safety's sake..

YMMV.

And yet....hotties on sportbikes still outnumber those on Harleys. By huge factors. Except maybe in and near Wisconsin.

....but that was never why I ride in the first place.

Last edited by FreeMe; 07/21/17.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Redneck,
I try to stop at Jackson Clinic between Reedsburg and Marston on K , nice ride.
and Lizzys bar on 12 .

Unless I am riding the Great River Road.
Stopped at Hansons Hold Up once , can't stand the owner.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I'm with ya on that.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had remarkable women on the back of Honda Interceptors, LTD440'S (I had 2), 1100 Saber, Yamaha 650 special, Honda scrambler. CSR305, just about everything I've owned except the Harley. The Saber was totalled with a woman on the back. (Got hit by a DHL delivery van that ran a red light. )

(By the way, the man at the top of DHL rides. He was LIVID, and made SURE all losses and bills were covered.)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is Indian Motorcycle's answer to the millennial crisis at HD . . . enter the Indian "Bobber!"

[Linked Image]

clicky di picky

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
OrangeOkie,

I like the Scout.... it sure is a refresher next to the 883 Vibrator.

But, you are nuts ....if you think the Urban millennials are gonna buy Scouts.

Acrimoto Electrics is what they will buy.

Harley could do do something like this ....it IS all about profits. But HD is too hung up on image . The closed mind is ....well closed.

Attached Images
unnamed-6.jpg (34.68 KB, 11 downloads)
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

"Millennials may kill off Harley Davidson"

You sure it's not the other way around?????

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is the kind of technology that Indian is bringing to the street that will attract millennials.

Indian Ride Command

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Here is the kind of technology that Indian is bringing to the street that will attract millennials.

Indian Ride Command

I thiink you are correct -- a video game with a motorcycle attached is just the thing to attract some millennials.

John

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by KFWA

Right now it appears that selling $15K heavy cruisers isn't the approach.

If those heavy cruisers really were $15K, they'd sell a lot more...................a new Street Glide (not the Street Guide Special) is $22K+ & a new Ultra is around $28-30K.

MM

Not saying they are not expensive. But you are not right either.

Harleys will improve when baby boomers die off, and they have to improve the back, and compete. Last 10 years they have changed a bit. Making more changes than they used to. But I agree witht the though millenials are not as interested in Hareys.

But a new GL is 24.7
http://powersports.honda.com/2017/gold-wing.aspx

GTL is 25.6
http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/bike/tour/k1600gtlexclusive/k1600gtlexclusive_overview.html&notrack=1

FLHTCU 24.1k
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/electra-glide-ultra-classic.html
FLHX
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/street-glide.html

Last edited by Zerk; 07/21/17.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A bit off topic, I did not like seeing the Victory line go.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
[quothis.

If you like women, and riding with women, you will put a back rest on and a comortable seat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Funny thing is, I never hear Harley riders bashing other manufacturers' bikes.

grin

Perhaps you have been stone-deaf for many years, are you running straight pipes?

Edited to say: Um...... that was definitely not my experience. Perhaps I am old-school.

You're no older-school than me, bro. And I've been riding my whole life. Grew up on them. Dad bought a robin's egg blue '46 Harley as soon as he got back from war's end in Germany. Rebuilt a Zundapp ground up from a box of parts and had several bikes before and after, all the way up to his last, which was a Gold Wing.

BTW- "rice burner" and "rice rocket" aren't always meant as derogatory terms. Depends on your company, I guess. My brother and I use the terms all the time when speaking together. And he's probably had 3-4 times as many bikes as I have, including Harleys.

But by all means, rap on.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You need to get out if the armchair & go to a dealer & look at the tags on the bikes so you can learn what you are talking about............you're not including freight, dealer prep costs & taxes; can't buy a bike w/o those being added.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Ever heard of a place called Daytona... or Sturgis? No? Thought not.

Where the phugk do you live? Malaysia? TFF.

All you Harley bashers are hilarious. Friggin posers. You get on this board and talk schit about "Murican. Buy 'Murican this and 'Murican made that. I only want 'Murican. Yeah right.

Then you turn around and schit bash the oldest surviving AMERICAN motorcycle manufacturer still building and selling bikes.

Bunch of phonies.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

You need to get out if the armchair & go to a dealer & look at the tags on the bikes so you can learn what you are talking about............you're not including freight, dealer prep costs & taxes; can't buy a bike w/o those being added.

MM

Other brands don't have set up and freight?

Taxes??? Really that is a joke of an arguement. Just say you were wrong.

I didn't pay freight or set up on my new one. Also got it for less than MSRP, which Harley doesn't like. But new models were coming soon.

Point being, they compare or are less sometimes than other brands, atleast in touring bike. For cruisers, you are probably getting a better dea with Jap. Though they have gone up alot over the years.

Get out of my armchair?? I rode my Ultra to the Arctic Circle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Here is Indian Motorcycle's answer to the millennial crisis at HD . . . enter the Indian "Bobber!"

[Linked Image]

clicky di picky

Needs moar flannel and facial hair.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
As for bashing, yes Harley riders do it. But most of them now a days started on Jap. I was surprised at the metric riders pooping themselves over Harleys when I have gotten on some forums.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,419 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,511
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.