Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I will once again say that I believe each person's relationship with God is very personal and unique. As someone said, God wants us to love him (and others) and to let him guide us through life. No one path is exactly the same as another, and I find it hard to imagine one person telling another what path God has for that person.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I can't agree with that either. I chalk it up to free will, as with everyone else that rebels.

Walk around for awhile with my Dads words in your head "I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D. see if it does anything for you, maybe it won't maybe it will.

After my Dads death I had a guy come up to me and tell me what a difference those words made in his life and that he would forever be grateful for knowing my dad just because of that.

If a man can make a difference in just one other persons life I think he did pretty damn good.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus had more authority than you.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Re Paul....... In the first place I don't believe Jesus intended to trust His message/ministry to a "church".

I would agree because if he did he really didn't think it through. but i do think he wants us to help him in that endeavor, someone has to get their attention so they takle a look and decide for themselves. Belittling them with scripture, telling them they will burn in hell for eternity, Ect, Ect. will make very few if any take a look.

I doubt any human could ever make me see Saint Paul as anything but a man who loved God but took himself too seriously. There's a lot around like that.

To be honest I need to study my name sake a little more but what I do know of him I do believe you're probably correct.

Far be it from me to try and change anyone's mind about God if what they have is working for them. But....

It is an interesting exercise to read all the N T letters, EXCEPT for those ascribed to Paul. Then give some thought to how valuable his written contribution really is.

There's not any theology in James and John's letters and consider that THEY were writing to the fellowship as a whole, not individual churches like Paul was doing. Evidently they didn't think theology was all that important.

Of course, they had the advantage of knowing Jesus on a day to day basis, in the flesh.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I will once again say that I believe each person's relationship with God is very personal and unique. As someone said, God wants us to love him (and others) and to let him guide us through life. No one path is exactly the same as another, and I find it hard to imagine one person telling another what path God has for that person.

I can agree a hundred percent with this post.

Of course it probably put you on Ringman's [bleep].😀

Try again...sheet list

Last edited by curdog4570; 07/24/17.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I can't agree with that either. I chalk it up to free will, as with everyone else that rebels.

Walk around for awhile with my Dads words in your head "I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D. see if it does anything for you, maybe it won't maybe it will.

After my Dads death I had a guy come up to me and tell me what a difference those words made in his life and that he would forever be grateful for knowing my dad just because of that.

If a man can make a difference in just one other persons life I think he did pretty damn good.

Amen to that! Great dad's are a real blessing. Thanks for sharing that. BTW, I was disagreeing with Ringmans opinion on the preacher's kids, not yours. Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

Last edited by JGRaider; 07/24/17.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Why can't you understand that the best argument to make to a non believer concerning the existence of God may not be verses from a book that you say God wrote,and therefore he must accept it as truth?

When I picture Jesus on the earth,I don't see him pointing the finger quoting scripture pointing out everyone's faults. I'm sure there was plenty of that going on by the Pharisees.Jesus did quote scripture, but mostly what I see Jesus doing is living his faith .

You are not a non-believer. You need to read about Jesus by reading His Word. Not commentators. Jesus is the embodiment of love. After all, He is the Word of God. He took time to weave a whip to drive out money grubbers. He is the God Who sent the Flood. He is the One Who will condemn to Hell.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

Far be it from me to try and change anyone's mind about God if what they have is working for them. But....

It is an interesting exercise to read all the N T letters, EXCEPT for those ascribed to Paul. Then give some thought to how valuable his written contribution really is.

There's not any theology in James and John's letters and consider that THEY were writing to the fellowship as a whole, not individual churches like Paul was doing. Evidently they didn't think theology was all that important.

Of course, they had the advantage of knowing Jesus on a day to day basis, in the flesh.

I'm not smart enough to pretend to understand why God wanted Paul's writings in the Holy Bible, but I'll assume it's because He wanted them there and felt they were an asset to spiritual growth and living.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But see, my friend, our difference is that I'm not so sure God wanted Paul's letters in the Bible.

But those guys who were making a living off the other folks sure did and so they are in there.

But I'm free to say that there is more valuable information in James' letter than all of Paul's combined.

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

For the wages of sin is death; But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

We are all sinners and God, being Holy, cannot abide with sin. Jesus sacrificed Himself for our sin. When we accept that we aren't capable of being good enough to enter Heaven on our own and receive Jesus' gift, then we are sinners saved by grace. His blood wipes away our sin before God.

Kelly
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon"....

The same can be said for most vaginas.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Re Paul....... In the first place I don't believe Jesus intended to trust His message/ministry to a "church".

But..... being an extremely legalistic Jew, I doubt he could conceive of a simple Fellowship with no preachers, deacons,elders and such.

Jesus, being God, does not intend anything. Everything He wants He does. Paul was the opposite of the modern idea of "legalistic". Read about it in Acts Fifteen. If he was so legalistic he would not have agreed with the idea of forgetting circumcision and going only with abstaining from fornication, abstaining from blood, abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, and from things strangled.

Last edited by Ringman; 07/24/17.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would agree because if he did he really didn't think it through. but i do think he wants us to help him in that endeavor, someone has to get their attention so they takle a look and decide for themselves. Belittling them with scripture, telling them they will burn in hell for eternity, Ect, Ect. will make very few if any take a look.

I know pastor who became a Christian strictly because he heard a sermon about going to Hell; and he believed it.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Try again...sheet list

Apparently I have a hook or two in you. You presume to know a lot about what I think and don't think.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

Try again...sheet list

Apparently I have a hook or two in you. You presume to know a lot about what I think and don't think.

You got us mixed up again.....you are the one with the mind reading act.

I'm the one who thinks you are borderline crazy.

You need to keep the players straight.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Try again...sheet list

It's no wonder that folks here respond to your posts the way they do.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston

I like most vagina's, but alas I am only allowed to listen to one..........

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Amen!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

Run across some loud ones?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You are dreaming. Christians are driving anyone anywhere. The people you are talking about make a conscience or unconsciousness decision every day to reject God.

I've seen many Christians drive people from God and or attending church, Many.

In this day and age, you'd have to live in a pretty remote area to not find a church that suits your wants/needs.

I can't see how a lover of God and a lover of people wouldn't want to attend a local Church. I know folks who don't, but they usually point out flaws rather than get involve and try to fix those flaws in the church and in the end I see it as an excuse to not give time/money/effort. And that's fine, we certainly don't want people in church who don't want to be there.

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1Longbow, 257Bob, 12344mag, 260Remguy, 25classic, 2500HD, 55 invisible), 2,702 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,992
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.