T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Not defending McCain as I can't stand the guy but if I had just found out I was a deadman walkin' I think I'd take a few days as well. I hope he takes off the rest of his term.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

give the guy a break for hell's sake.............

would you wanna trade places ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He just needs to resign.

I won't say anything to disparage him, but he needs to resign before he pulls anything more insane than he already has. And he needs to throw his support strongly towards his successor.

It's the right thing to do.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Not defending McCain as I can't stand the guy but if I had just found out I was a deadman walkin' I think I'd take a few days as well. I hope he takes off the rest of his term.

This. I don't agree with the direction he's taken, politically, lately, but he's earned some time off.

I'm active duty AF. My wife gets pissed when people refer to all that serve as a hero. So do I. I'm not a hero just for serving. I do feel I deserve some respect for serving since only 1% serves. But there are true heroes that serve. I'm not necessarily saying McCain is a hero, but he's certainly given more to this country in the Hanoi Hilton than most will give their whole life. Give him a break.

The expert at anything was once a beginner.

JC
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I hate McCain but to be fair, there's what looks like a heavy bench she and her father are sitting on and the terrain isn't exactly mountainous. I don't know any real hiking trails here that have park benches. I have friends that go for a "hike" in the local parks- yes, that's what they call a 0.5-2mi walk along a flat, paved surface. I'm not buying into the notion the McCains took what we on the 'fire would call a "hike" where there's significant elevation gain and mileage. I'm thinking it was a short little nature walk and old Maverick got tired and had to sit.

But I won't give John McCain the politician a break. Fugg pol McCain.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
McCain and his family have a place somewhere up on Oak Creek - am thinking N of Sedona - and it would be a lovely place for retreat after the bad news he and they have received. The scenery and temps are pretty nice compared to summer desert in AZ, and am thinking a an easy walk along the creek path, some toes in the water and resting a spell on one of the provided benches would constitute the "hike" of which she spoke. Politically speaking, he's been a bonehead on some things, but I don't begrudge the man any peace and rest that can be found these days.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He need to be on vacation.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He has a place in Sedona/Cottonwood area. Bet that is where they are.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tpcollins

Eh, give the guy a break, if you knew you were soon to be bed restricted, what would you want to do?
But he should step down.

IC B3

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
He is reported to be heading back to DC this week to finish the distracting of anything g good that is left. Don't count him out till you s ell him burning in hell.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is going to be a test of McCain's core. Does he resign to enjoy who and what he has left, or will he pull a Ted Kennedy. Any wagers?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It all depends on the the tumor is and how aggressive. My sis-in-law went for ten months, remained lucid through eight.
Had a friend go in about a month..never can tell. My question would be. why doesn't he want to stay right there where he is? Seems like a peaceful place to reflect and spend time with family, not the azzholes in DC.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Not saying I agree with the guy or not. But going back to DC, may mean he actually does believe in something. Rather than most of us who would get a case of mescal and a dozen whores.

What does bug me is, the people in his state elected him, not us. But some want to tell them how to run their state. Like when Pallin and Ann Colter came to WI to push a Trump anti Paul Ryan candidate, who got his ass kicked.

To many people in America forget it is a state issue.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Damn zerk, you know jack squat about rifles but you nailed it on this particular issue. Although personally, I'd forego the mescal and go for a good single malt.

Seriously though, the guy just got a diagnosis that says his days are numbered. Anyone who begrudges him spending a day with his daughter is just an assh***.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I prefer my Senators to not have brain cancer.

Hike away.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
He won't leave till they carry him out feet first, to much ego.

MOLON LABE
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He is a genuine POS and traitor.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yes, picture is taken in the Verde Valley. That bench is above Oak Creek, a little view of the valley below. Good enough hike for an 80 year old man. Hope I can take a walk with my daughter when I'm 80. If I had his diagnosis, I would head to the Verde Valley too. Godspeed, Commander McCain

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
“Senator McCain looks forward to returning to the United States Senate tomorrow to continue working on important legislation, including health care reform, the National Defense Authorization Act, and new sanctions on Russia, Iran and North Korea," McCain's office said on Monday evening.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (219DW, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 61 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.