Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Two of them actually - SCCY CPX-2 and Kel-Tec PF'9. I'm looking for an EDC/CC 9mm and can afford anything in the gunshow display case. However, I keep picking those two up because I like their size and the way they feel in my hand. Each of them is so inexpensive that I'm almost embarrassed to consider them as reliable carry weapons. I do recall that the PF-9 worked pretty well for George Zimmerman.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Had a PF9. It shot every time for 200 times. Then I sold it coz it stung like a bugger-bear every time I shot it. It was reasonably accurate. Just not comfortable to shoot.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for that info, Dan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was a big fan of the PF9, small, light , compact , relatively easy to hit with. Then one day after a couple hundred rounds the slide stop pin broke.
Lost all faith in it and moved on to a Taurus PT111 and it is a much better weapon and a smokin deal.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Each of them are so inexpensive that I'm almost embarrassed to consider them..."

You should be.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
well, I wouldn't advertise it to the world on the internet

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by MikeL2
well, I wouldn't advertise it to the world on the internet

What he said. The fashion police will get ya.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
God forbid you don't buy a pistol that pleases the experts here. lol

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Y'all's funny.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by irfubar
I was a big fan of the PF9, small, light , compact , relatively easy to hit with. Then one day after a couple hundred rounds the slide stop pin broke.
Lost all faith in it and moved on to a Taurus PT111 and it is a much better weapon and a smokin deal.

Shop I worked at did hefty volume, and sold Taurus due to customer demand. Sent a ton of them back (and they still do).
Materials, design, manufacturing..............failures in all categories, across different models, over yrs. Sending one back for a fix..........50/50 it will be fixed whenever it comes back............and that's not saying it won't have a new problem.

Some folks think all that hassle is personal attention, makes them feel special...........gives them something to discuss at the breakfast house with other cheapskates.

I wouldn't let my ex mother in law buy a Taurus.

Name change of the company might help them with trust, I suggest "Pelosi".

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Learned that lesson a couple times the hard way so it's not a problem anymore.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's your money. I bought a CZ82 in 9X18 Makarov for $150 and a Zastava M70A Tokarev in 9 mm for $200.

Would they be my first choice for a one gun or CCW option ......No. But I am positive they would serve that purpose with flying colors.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry, I cannot recommend SCCY/Jimeniz or what ever, LOUSY rep.

Kel-Tec would not be my first choice but not out of consideration.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Two things matter: 1) it's reliable, 2) you'll actually carry it. Nevermind how many fashion points you score. I know folks with schmancy pistolas they leave home because they're too heavy, bulky, awkward, etc.

(I have zero complaints about my kel-tec.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hookeye

Some folks think all that hassle is personal attention, makes them feel special...........gives them something to discuss at the breakfast house with other cheapskates.

".

Hey now, I prefer to be called "thrifty" smile

Last edited by irfubar; 08/02/17.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D

Shop I worked at did hefty volume, and sold Taurus due to customer demand. Sent a ton of them back (and they still do).
Materials, design, manufacturing..............failures in all categories, across different models, over yrs. Sending one back for a fix..........50/50 it will be fixed whenever it comes back............and that's not saying it won't have a new problem.

Now that's funny and OH SO TRUE!!!!!

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by desertoakie

Now that's funny and OH SO TRUE!!!!!

Gun snob's both of you! smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An old truckdriver saying comes to mind.

"Driving a Mack is like F---king a kneegrow. You do it in the dark,
and never tell anybody."

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by krupp
It's your money. I bought a CZ82 in 9X18 Makarov for $150 and a Zastava M70A Tokarev in 9 mm for $200.

Would they be my first choice for a one gun or CCW option ......No. But I am positive they would serve that purpose with flying colors.

There is a world of difference between buying a cheaply made junk gun like a Jennings/Bryco/Taurus POS, versus buying a COMBLOC former service pistol like a Makarov or Tokarev for close to the same money. Quality wise they are at different ends of the spectrum even though they might be close to the same price points. Some guys who insist on being cheap never quite get that.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ruger lc9

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 71 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.