Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Two of them actually - SCCY CPX-2 and Kel-Tec PF'9. I'm looking for an EDC/CC 9mm and can afford anything in the gunshow display case. However, I keep picking those two up because I like their size and the way they feel in my hand. Each of them is so inexpensive that I'm almost embarrassed to consider them as reliable carry weapons. I do recall that the PF-9 worked pretty well for George Zimmerman.
The Kel Tec could be called a Safariman Special. He recommended it highly.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Who is this "Safariman"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Who is this "Safariman"?

Shush, lest you invoke him.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

Who is this "Safariman"?

Oh Lord, what have I stumbled into?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Who is this "Safariman"?

And why should we care?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

IMO two of the better "INEXPENSIVE" and RELIABLE guns on the market are the Taurus PT111 Millenium, Gen 2 9mm, and S&W SD9VE. Trigger keeps improving on that one, and they are both very reliable. You are looking at $200 for the Taurus and the last S&W I bought was $284 OTD.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
This handgun portrayed is a Taurus. Click the link for Accidental Discharge .
At no time did a round go off due to the trigger being touched.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I can no longer tell my Concealed Carry students that a firearms does not fire a round unless the trigger is pressed (and all safeties defeated). We saw a Youtube video of a guy that was holding one of Taurus's semi-automatic handguns by the grip except his trigger finger was clearly outside of the trigger guard. He shook it from side to side vigorously and it cooked a round off! He did it again and again and again. Shaking a damned Taurus semi-auto can cause a truly accidental discharge...unless you know that shaking it will cause it to fire, in which case that particular discharge is a Negligent Discharge also. I've seen a semi-auto pistol move as vigorously during recoil as the Taurus was moved when it was just shaken. Frankly, I'm considering banning any Taurus from the class until Taurus fixes that permanently.

Yeah if it's in a Youtube it HAS to be real. No way a guy might have worked over the sear to make it look like Taurus was producing dangerous guns since he was mad at them. That would never happen. whistle

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Two of them actually - SCCY CPX-2 and Kel-Tec PF'9. I'm looking for an EDC/CC 9mm and can afford anything in the gunshow display case. However, I keep picking those two up because I like their size and the way they feel in my hand. Each of them is so inexpensive that I'm almost embarrassed to consider them as reliable carry weapons. I do recall that the PF-9 worked pretty well for George Zimmerman.

I developed interest in cheap handguns years ago. None of them lived up to what was promised about them, and I sold them all at a loss. The problem is that I tend to shoot 8-10k rounds per year, most or all of that through one or two pistols. When you shoot that much, cheap pistols fail sooner rather than later. If you plan to shoot it more than two or three thousand rounds over the lifetime of a handgun, then a duty-grade model will be much cheaper in the long run.

Also, don't buy a handgun based purely on how it feels in your hand. If you're looking for something specific, such as a small 9mm, then shoot several of them on a rental range before you decide. And talk with the people on the range who have to clean and maintain the rental guns. They know what holds up in the long run and what parts fail on which makes/models.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RickyD
Yeah if it's in a Youtube it HAS to be real. No way a guy might have worked over the sear to make it look like Taurus was producing dangerous guns since he was mad at them. That would never happen. whistle

There's a fatal flaw in your theory. Taurus pistols are cheap knock offs of other pistols such as the Beretta 92. It could be a manufacturing flaw coupled with poor QC.

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus firearms.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Cheap guns are suitable for people who don't practice and believe they probably will never need it.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My 9 Shield that cost about $240 after rebate, shipping and ffl fees would qualify as a cheap (inexpensive) gun. I'd rather have it than a Taurus, but then I've never had a Taurus pistol. Only Taurus I've had was a 454 Raging Bull revolver for a couple weeks, but it went out the door at a profit.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

Who is this "Safariman"?

Oh Lord, what have I stumbled into?

He last posted on 01/09/2016.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
dont knock the Taurus PT92 ...they are very reliable shooting machines , in my experience.......

we also have a 111 G2 around the place , and although time will tell , it seems to be a very good pistol as well

Im not going to be loosing any sleep worried that the guns might go off if you shake them.....

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Cheap guns are suitable for people who don't practice and believe they probably will never need it.

mike r

I'd bet on Canik TP 9SF against anything you like

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You should carry one if it suits you.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,099
Posts18,483,079
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.