Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
When I decided to get a CCW, I thought this through long and carefully. I will call 911 if serious. I will never initiate communication of any sort with a belligerent; I will walk away, change course; give leeway; I will apologize if it seems the thing to do; I will de-escalate in any way I see if personally involved. I would never, ever brandish my weapon unless its use is deemed imminent; it's not meant to be seen until it's used.

So my personal overall view is to flee. This no room for machismo or tough guys here..until I have no way out for myself or some other nearby innocent's life and limb are threatened.

Edited to add: while not always avoidable, some problem people, or areas can be foreseen and skirted with on-going circumstantial awareness.

I will not give another person the power to control my actions. That goes both ways. I will not intentionally avoid people or areas because they "might" be threatening. I do whatever the hell I want to do. At the same time, I will not let someone get me into a mental state where I am not thinking clearly about all possible outcomes of a situation.

Example; Coming home from softball practice, not packing or even carrying my pocket knife, a car full of 16-18 year old Mexican boys pull up next to me, making eye contact while rapping along to the stereo and pointing at me, trying to look menacing. First reaction was to start laughing at them because they were trying SOOOO hard to look tough. Well this apparently pissed them off so they start talking [bleep] and driving erratically next to me, being aggressive morons. I have my softball bat with me and unless they were armed could probably have taken all 4 of them with it and my fists, but I just yelled out to them "sorry guys, I shouldn't have laughed. I know you are a bunch of bad asses" all with a smile on my face. Then proceeded to APPEAR to ignore them. They didn't know what to do so they just moved on.

Not saying that would always work, but just the latest example of how I try to deal with morons on a day to day basis. Usually have a pistol riding with me, and if I did I would have handled the situation the exact same way.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Once again.....poor innocent Fireball is the victim.

I'm just so thankful he's safe........

for now.
I pray for his safety today.
Amen.

Slave

P.S. I suggest packin' the .44 today, Roy.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I won't be able to sleep tonight.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I don't let other drivers p*ss me off.
Ignore and get away from them.
Drove lifted SUV's for years (current one not yet lifted).
Seems the bigger your vehicle, the more respect you get.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Around the Austin area the favorite trick of the Democrat road ragers is to pull in front of you and slam on their brakes if they don't think you got out of their way quick enough. I've even seen them do it to 18 wheelers.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Text my buddy about it and he says.......

That's all I needed to read. It's like bumper cars out there now and obviously not just the teenagers.

We've got too many laws already, but the idiot texters sure created the need for a few more.

And it sounds like Fireball2 needs to grow a thicker skin, of course people are going to get irritated by a slow loaded truck, and you should be driving slower...
if you can't handle that, you shouldn't be driving a truck with your hand gun at your arms reach at all.

Last edited by Outbackandy; 08/04/17.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
gonna pull a gun out over a driving disagreement? Good luck with that

Just call 911 and give a detailed vehicle description if the vehicle is endangering others

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
When I decided to get a CCW, I thought this through long and carefully. I will call 911 if serious. I will never initiate communication of any sort with a belligerent; I will walk away, change course; give leeway; I will apologize if it seems the thing to do; I will de-escalate in any way I see if personally involved. I would never, ever brandish my weapon unless its use is deemed imminent; it's not meant to be seen until it's used.

So my personal overall view is to flee. This no room for machismo or tough guys here..until I have no way out for myself or some other nearby innocent's life and limb are threatened.

Edited to add: while not always avoidable, some problem people, or areas can be foreseen and skirted with on-going circumstantial awareness.

I will not give another person the power to control my actions. That goes both ways. I will not intentionally avoid people or areas because they "might" be threatening. I do whatever the hell I want to do. At the same time, I will not let someone get me into a mental state where I am not thinking clearly about all possible outcomes of a situation.

Example; Coming home from softball practice, not packing or even carrying my pocket knife, a car full of 16-18 year old Mexican boys pull up next to me, making eye contact while rapping along to the stereo and pointing at me, trying to look menacing. First reaction was to start laughing at them because they were trying SOOOO hard to look tough. Well this apparently pissed them off so they start talking [bleep] and driving erratically next to me, being aggressive morons. I have my softball bat with me and unless they were armed could probably have taken all 4 of them with it and my fists, but I just yelled out to them "sorry guys, I shouldn't have laughed. I know you are a bunch of bad asses" all with a smile on my face. Then proceeded to APPEAR to ignore them. They didn't know what to do so they just moved on.

Not saying that would always work, but just the latest example of how I try to deal with morons on a day to day basis. Usually have a pistol riding with me, and if I did I would have handled the situation the exact same way.

Good for you. I hope you don't get hurt.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by victoro
Around the Austin area the favorite trick of the Democrat road ragers is to pull in front of you and slam on their brakes if they don't think you got out of their way quick enough. I've even seen them do it to 18 wheelers.

Until they do it to a 18 wheeler who's drivers reaction time is not so good. SPLAT!!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by victoro

Until they do it to a 18 wheeler who's drivers reaction time is not so good. SPLAT!!

Thats what they want. They work for lowyers.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Inviting him back to talk" here would mean you better have your gun handy.

There are road rage incidents with guns involved every day here.

Basically, just don't do that.

Last edited by local_dirt; 08/04/17.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I pretty calmly signaled him to come back and chat .....

Different stroke for different folks, I guess. When I'm carrying in my vehicle (which is 99.9% of the time) I avoid engaging with a-hole drivers if at all possible. Because I don't want to have to shoot the stupid SOB if he gets out of his car and does something stupid. If he gets out of his car on his own that's one thing. But if I ever have to draw my gun and use it, I don't want it on my own conscience or coming from the lips of any witnesses that I did anything to escalate the situation.

But that's just me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
" I pretty calmly signaled him to come back and chat..."

That was your mistake. You need to ignore scheisskopfs like this guy.
You gonna wind up on trial for second degree homicide, because you reacted when some jerk flipped you a bird?

No, my friend, just ignore the buffoon, and stay away from trouble, if you can.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
" I pretty calmly signaled him to come back and chat..."

That was your mistake. You need to ignore scheisskopfs like this guy.
You gonna wind up on trial for second degree homicide, because you reacted when some jerk flipped you a bird?

No, my friend, just ignore the buffoon, and stay away from trouble, if you can.

Yes, I made a mistake. I think it was the 22" wheels on the Cadillac that tripped my trigger. LOL.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did anyone get the tag number on this twit? BR-549? Call it in?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All of us have to die some
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

Good for you. I hope you don't get hurt.

Everyone has to die some time from something. Until that day, I walk with my head held high and take sheit from no one. Or I could be really really careful and if I am lucky, die in a hospice at 80 in excruciating pain with a tube in my pecker.

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by jaguartx
You should see West Texas when oil prices are down and you try to pass some white guy headed down a two lane road while hes poking and moping along toward his $400,000 home while driving his supercharged national car of Texas pos f250 he doesnt know how hes going to make the next payment on while keeping the country club membership for his tennis playing trophy wife whos playing with the local pro on the side and watch him go apechitt tryining to run your ass off the road until you show him your Kimber.

I didn't figure Texans would pay any mind to a 38 Super.

LOL...you gotta be kidding! A white guy with a 38 Super would be a first for me!

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Man!

Take that rage out on chuckar with me this fall. They deserve it. mad

wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Road rage" is proof to the average Joe that he is among REALLY stupid people. I could go on, and on, about idiots that raged against the wrong person, or with the wrong person watching.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Hey Man!

Take that rage out on chuckar with me this fall. They deserve it. mad

wink

Let's go!

Molon Labe
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.