-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is one good looking gun, with a fair price tag, even at suggested retail.

With a street price around $900, I'm in. smile

GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by kingston
This came from Ruger.

[Linked Image]

Nice wood.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
This came from Ruger.

[Linked Image]

Boooooolschit.

Dave

Truth.

When Numerich bought Ruger's inventory of Gold Label stocks, they refused to select or match up a set, but had a generous return policy. I ordered dozens of butt stocks and forends, in three separate orders. I selected the best butt stocks and then sought to match forends to them. The stock pictured above is what inspired successive reorders. I wound up ordering every forend they had and couldn't find anything even close. I had so many stocks I opted to drive them back to Numerich rather than pay for the shipping and insurance. After all that work, I wound up keeping the best five sets thinking I'd pass the extras on to a few fellow Gold Label fans.

I still have yet to fit a set on my gun.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Good job on the Hawkeye. I've had one prior NECG peep on a 77/375 that went to the oldest daughter a few years ago. A couple questions on your Hawkeye: (1) Did you have to change the front blade to regulate the peep ? (2) Whose ventilated front hood did you use ? NECG standard or masterpiece ? Or ???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The rifle was bought used and came with the NECG Masterpiece banded ramp with a silver bead already installed. I ordered the ghost ring rear separately. Couldn't tell you off the top of my head how high the ramp is but the peep regulated properly with the existing .276" high bead. I like to plink at a 12x12 piece of steel at 200 yards with a 6 o'clock hold that puts the bullet 6" high at 200 and the rear sight had plenty of elevation adjustment to get me there with room to spare. The silver bead had some glare in varying light so it was replaced with a 1.5mm firesight also .276" high. The hood is the NECG Masterpiece banded ramp "window" hood. Generally I take the hood off for shooting since the sight picture gets too busy but transport the rifle with hood on to protect the somewhat fragile plastic sight element. It goes on easily and is locked in tight with the detent on the ramp but can be removed with a moderate push of my thumb.

NECG makes very good stuff and all told the prices for the bigger items are pretty reasonable for the quality you get - especially compared to some other company's products and prices - but IMO they really ding you on replacement beads with a nickel and dime thrown in for shipping - over $8 to ship a .2 ounce bead. Even that said, the beads are made with the same quality as the rest of their products. I've ordered and installed two replacement front sights and both fit perfectly. They only needed light tapping to go in but didn't have to be filed to fit and are good and snug with zero play or looseness at all.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Lipsey Ruger African Hawkeye in 9.3x62

They are flawless with exceptional fit, finish and wood

I'd buy this new one

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
I've got one headed my way.
Anticipation is a good thing!

I call dibs on this one next time you decide you need another horse. cool

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am interested in seeing pics when y'all start getting them in. I have a hunch these are going to sell quickly. Ruger nailed it.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I am interested in seeing pics when y'all start getting them in. I have a hunch these are going to sell quickly. Ruger nailed it.

When I spoke to my FFL yesterday, he said availability was down in the 60's by the time he ordered mine on Friday afternoon.

Would love to see Lipsey's do what SAS has done and order a small percentage of their specials in Left Hand... One could hope...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
This came from Ruger.

[Linked Image]

Boooooolschit.

Dave

Truth.

When Numerich bought Ruger's inventory of Gold Label stocks, they refused to select or match up a set, but had a generous return policy. I ordered dozens of butt stocks and forends, in three separate orders. I selected the best butt stocks and then sought to match forends to them. The stock pictured above is what inspired successive reorders. I wound up ordering every forend they had and couldn't find anything even close. I had so many stocks I opted to drive them back to Numerich rather than pay for the shipping and insurance. After all that work, I wound up keeping the best five sets thinking I'd pass the extras on to a few fellow Gold Label fans.

I still have yet to fit a set on my gun.

You wild bitch.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Ordered mine yesterday, should be here by end of the week. smile

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by elkchsr
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
I've got one headed my way.
Anticipation is a good thing!

I call dibs on this one next time you decide you need another horse. cool

I'll keep that in mind......

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think I'll have to get this..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just got two of these for the store. The walnut is what you'd see on a standard 77. The day's of good/great wood on Ruger's are a thing of the past.

Last edited by DoeSlayer; 08/07/17.

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm dyin' here, but 7x57 (NUMBER 6!!) is going to have to be something a bit different.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I just had my dealer order one for me. Lipsey's now has 62 left. I just couldn't turn it down.

Last edited by JasonH; 08/07/17. Reason: misspelled word
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is a beautiful rife! I have irons on two of my Rugers and love them.

If I was in the market for a new rifle there would be one less available. Unfortunately my Ruger .280 and 7mm RM cover the same ground and then some - except in the aesthetics.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I plan on using this rifle for hunting. Ive been trying to decide on the best scope. It is nearly impossible to find gloss finish scopes anymore. I believe Leopold still makes one or two models in gloss. Any suggestions on which make and model of scope would look right on this rifle?

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Just ordered mine. Going to try to find an fx3 6x42 in gloss for mine. Second. Choice is a vx2 3-9x. Hope the wood is decent.

Old70

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JasonH
I plan on using this rifle for hunting. Ive been trying to decide on the best scope. It is nearly impossible to find gloss finish scopes anymore. I believe Leopold still makes one or two models in gloss. Any suggestions on which make and model of scope would look right on this rifle?

Mine will likely wear a Leupold 1.5-5...

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1936M71, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,686
Posts18,475,107
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.