Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
NY is one of the most f'ed up places in the US. I knew that 40 years ago when I got my ass out of there.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...ns-legally-licensed-by-other-states.html

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

R
Ron Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bad link

Capt Ron

Magnolia Bluff, FL..............Where Heaven is a local call!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Thats what happens when you bring a gun into a foreign country. I left that filth hole over 30 years ago and never looked back.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I don't like it (in this situation) but each local jurisdiction (city, county, state) has the right to make it's own laws. It is incumbent on all to know the law when you enter a state. Or, maybe some here universally favor Federal laws that govern all in the entire nation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by djs
I don't like it (in this situation) but each local jurisdiction (city, county, state) has the right to make it's own laws. It is incumbent on all to know the law when you enter a state. Or, maybe some here universally favor Federal laws that govern all in the entire nation.

That's just not true.

The rights within the constitution trump any state or local laws.

That's why they call them "rights".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
It's pretty irritating when Leftists talk about fairness of local laws or "compassion" in their enforcement. That's consistent with their ideology, which is at its core, stupid.

When Conservatives do it, however, I find it reprehensible.

Who in this country doesn't know now to bring guns or ammo into Illinois or New York? You have to be hopelessly ignorant not to know they're totalitarian states whose gun laws bear no resemblance to anything in "fly over country".

What needs to be done is not sensational peices on Fox News making mamsy-pamsy "arguments" like these, but a formal law suit on Constitutional grounds. That'll settle this.

Sorry but if you bring a gun there and get "mistreated" that's on you. Ignorance of the law isn not an acceptable excuse for Leftists nor for Conservatives.

Stay the heck away from New York & Illinois if you care about yer freedoms and sure as heck don't give them money if you have to be there!!

As for national gun laws... classic DJS suggestion, but consider this... the idiots who made a law against an unloaded mag are the ones who'd have a seat at the table discussing "common sense gun laws" at the Federal level should that conversation take place.

Not just no; HELL NO!

Ps- I find it rather disturbing how the right has, since this last election cycle, begun more & more to use the "fairness" argument which heretofore had mostly been Leftist turf. I'd love to see us leave that non-sense behind and keep things about the law and proper observance/execution thereof...

Last edited by efw; 08/10/17. Reason: Ps
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The magazine nonsense first threw me but then realized it must have been "high capacity" i.e. >10 rounds.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No gun, No bullets, and magazine in locked case is just senseless.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by djs

So we can ban homosexuals via city ordinance?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have a CCW for NY,but it's not valid in the 5 bouroughs of NYC.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If cities and states must recognize gay marriages from other states, recognize those marriage licenses, then why don't they have to recognize my CCW?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
If cities and states must recognize gay marriages from other states, recognize those marriage licenses, then why don't they have to recognize my CCW?

The same reason you have to have a CCW.

It's all bullshat.

We've let them get away with unconstitutional crap for too long.

Give 'em and inch and they'll take the country.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The same reason you have to have a CCW.

It's all bullshat.

We've let them get away with unconstitutional crap for too long.

Give 'em and inch and they'll take the country.

The only thing I can add to that is that I have nothing to add to that.

LOL
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by IMR4350
Thats what happens when you bring a gun into a foreign country. I left that filth hole over 30 years ago and never looked back.

Over fifteen years for me.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by djs

That's just not true.

The rights within the constitution trump any state or local laws.

That's why they call them "rights".

Yep. Fourteenth Amendment incorporates to the states the rights protected by the US Constitution.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by djs

Dave

Great job cutting right to the meat.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

Right. It's the double standard that's the issue.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by djs

I do, it's called the second amendment.

Until the Feds start enforcing it a person has no logical recourse other than to either avoid New York, which is what I prefer to do, or abide by their unconstitutional laws.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by djs

Dave

How about free speech, or freedom of the press, can they make their own laws per city, county, and state?
The right to keep and bare arms is now and long since become a privilege.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rong
I have a CCW for NY,but it's not valid in the 5 bouroughs of NYC.

Same with me..... But that's because there is no second amendment in NYC.... Except for a few of the elite. That toilet should be a separate country or at least a separate state. Any CCW from anywhere else is nothing but a one-way trip to jail. Think you have rights?..... Sure you do; but they only apply to you when you're in America and NYC doesn't quite qualify.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (32_20fan, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 19 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,669
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.