Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I'm sure you find me too critical in my supposition? When a man tells me what he will do, as if it's proof of his salvation,and there is no mention at all of Christ, I would be lax in my duty to that man unless I asked some hard questions.

And I hereby absolve you of any geis you may feel to point out any or all of my short-comings or foibles you feel you do not like or find do not stand up to your lofty ideal.

I also shall decline to point out that you are a judgie hypocrite that feels he is above the teachings he so espouses.

Have a nice day.

No Sir,in that you are incorrect. I am not a hypocrite who feels above anyone. I do however understand that you are hostile toward God or anyone associated with him,so I know why you would say such a thing without knowing what you are talking about.

Just an FYI that you would know if you were a bible student. God does not tell us that we cannot judge between good and evil,or what is right or wrong. What God does not want Christians to do, is to Judge someone worthy of Heaven or Hell.

I do also wish you a nice day.

There you go being a superior judgemental prick again, I definitely do believe.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I'm sure you find me too critical in my supposition? When a man tells me what he will do, as if it's proof of his salvation,and there is no mention at all of Christ, I would be lax in my duty to that man unless I asked some hard questions.

And I hereby absolve you of any geis you may feel to point out any or all of my short-comings or foibles you feel you do not like or find do not stand up to your lofty ideal.

I also shall decline to point out that you are a judgie hypocrite that feels he is above the teachings he so espouses.

Have a nice day.

No Sir,in that you are incorrect. I am not a hypocrite who feels above anyone. I do however understand that you are hostile toward God or anyone associated with him,so I know why you would say such a thing without knowing what you are talking about.

Just an FYI that you would know if you were a bible student. God does not tell us that we cannot judge between good and evil,or what is right or wrong. What God does not want Christians to do, is to Judge someone worthy of Heaven or Hell.

I do also wish you a nice day.

There you go being a superior judgemental prick again, I definitely do believe.

Then I apologize. I thought you were an atheist. Still not nice to call people names,Mr.Pot.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Then I apologize. I thought you were an atheist. Still not nice to call people names,Mr.Pot.

Ah, but it is okay to look down on those you think do not believe as you do...very Christian of you, Mr Kettle.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Ah, but it is okay to look down on those you think do not believe as you do...very Christian of you, Mr Kettle.

I'm sorry you feel like I was looking down on someone. That's not how I intended it at all. If I see someone making a mistake that will cost them more than their life,I don't see it as looking down on them or denigrating at all to correct that mistake. To simply ignore them while thinking to myself that they didn't deserve the truth would be the judgmental thing to do. Anytime I see a man talking about what he will do to prove himself worthy of Heaven,without ever a mention of Jesus,I will correct his mistake and make no apologies for it. What I apologize for is if I gave any indication of any different intention.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
There is danger in quoting single scriptures.

Like what?! Jesus quoted single Scripture to Satan.

The danger is quoting one scripture and it being taken out of context.

Can you sight an example or two?

What I was referring to is the danger in quoting a certain scripture alone, without using scripture in front of or behind it. I don't have a specific scripture that can't stand on its own but have always thought it could change the the apparent meaning of scripture if certain ones are taken out of context. I hope that makes sense.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
There is danger in quoting single scriptures.

Like what?! Jesus quoted single Scripture to Satan.

The danger is quoting one scripture and it being taken out of context.

Can you sight an example or two?

What I was referring to is the danger in quoting a certain scripture alone, without using scripture in front of or behind it. I don't have a specific scripture that can't stand on its own but have always thought it could change the the apparent meaning of scripture if certain ones are taken out of context. I hope that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense to me and most anyone else who is honestly willing, and trying to learn.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10gaugeman, 1lesfox, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 3,455 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,469
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.