Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
After being screwed a handful of times, I have had enough and no longer order anything from those clowns. As others have suggested, they very much deserve to go tits up.

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Ordered something from them once. Took forever to get the item, so much so I ordered from a different source. When the part finally arrived (I think maybe a month later), just sold it online versus trying to bother to return it.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jeeper
I haven't ordered from Pacific Tool & Gauge in a couple years. I don't remember it taking 3 weeks to ship an in stock item back then , but I have now been waiting 3 weeks for an order. I haven't communicated with them yet , will give them a few more days. I was just wondering if this is the norm for them nowadays.

I like their products but they can be a disappointment to deal with directly. My 6.5 SAUM reamer had a7mm pilot on it. Talked to THREE PEOPLE there; never did get a new pilot. Finally made my own.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have ordered a LOT of bottom metal from them. Quality is hit and miss, but the last go around took 8 months to get resolved after nearly dozen phone calls. It took me a lot of trying to find a slaes person that actually cared.

They really do suck, but are about the only game in town for lightweight Model 70 Bottom Metal. If there were someone else at a similar or even slightly higher price point I'd be a buyer elsewhere. I'd be willing to pay 50% more than not having to deal with PT&G.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Bad experience here also, ordered a 5.7 MMJ ( Johnson) reamer to my drawing stated it has to be 28* shoulder angle not there stock 22* paid the price for a custom reamer ended up sending me the stock 22* nothing like I ordered. Being down under it took some time to get a refund as they said they could not do the reamer I wanted. I would not deal with them again, yes the prices are good but you guys have Manson, JGS etc so why go to PTG and be disappointed.

End of bitch session

Johno

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have ordered 4 or 5 Rem bottom metals. I usually order them about the same time as the McMillan so they are here in plenty of time. A couple of them took 6-8 weeks. It's a long wait but I really like their aluminum bottom metal for $90. Does anybody have another suggestions in the same general price range?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
All products I have purchased from PT&G have been top quality but their customer service has been uniformly poor. Having spent my life in manufacturing, I find it odd that PT&G management has done such a good job on the design and manufacturing end but completely fail to get their hands around customer service.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Agree. In my case it was a crises; I had a barrel all set up in my lathe, I had paying work stacked up behind it that I needed to get to ASAP, and my brand-new reamer is nonfunctional because of a tiny little tube of metal on the end. All I needed was someone to walk out, grab a 6.5 pilot, and mail it to me. I literally could not get anyone to resolve my problem. I finally made my own pilot- what choice did I have?!- but that's some really exacting work; I was polishing half-tenth-thousandths off the [bleep] thing to get it perfect, it took a while and I was not a happy camper.

You'd think they'd have more empathy for a fellow machinist in a bind due to their error. Nope.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,842 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,797
Posts18,477,411
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.