Print Thread
Hop To
K
kenoh2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I bought a Burris AR-536 scope in April and sent in the rebate form to receive a free Fastfire III red dot sight. 14+ weeks and still no sight. The rebate site shows no record of a pending rebate with my info. Guessing I'm probably SOL.

Anyone else have issues with Burris rebates?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I bought a Burris Veracity about a year ago with a $100 rebate. It took about six months but the rebate finally came. It was in the form of a check on a post card so it's easy to miss, which I think is the plan because they don't want you cashing it.

I hate rebates, they're a scam and I've only received them about 50% of the time. I wish the law would crack down on them because I'm convinced they stiff you intentionally because you have little to no recourse when your money doesn't show up.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have received several Rebates recently the first two where from S&W Got them in about 6 weeks.....One from H&K got the Free mags in one week.....One from Remington 5 weeks .....One from Discount Tire 3 weeks......Burris free Turret about 3 months to receive....

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 08/15/17.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rebates are a scam. When I built a new computer about 3 years ago, I had multiple rebates from various companies. Took about 6-8 months to get all the rebates.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Waiting on a Smith and Wesson rebate from the end of June. I hear they take long, and the rebate looks like junk mail.

I had a Leupold rebate a few years ago. It was a Carhart Jacket with the Leupold logo. It came in a week after I submitted the rebate online. I was stunned it came in one week.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ceritifed mail is your battle buddy....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
How is it a scam if you got them? I have received so many rebates in the last 5 years I lost count.....Never filled out a rebate I did not receive....I had one from Remington that was about 5 months...Most I get in 2 months or less.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It's a scam because I've only gotten about 50% of the ones I've sent in, and am diligent about filling out every form exactly as they state they require and sending in the receipts in the correct manner. They also try to disguise the check to look like junk mail in the hopes that you'll throw it away without opening it, my last one looked exactly like a mass marketing post card, a cursory look would have made you think it was a magazine subscription offer.

A manufacturer could just as easily offer an instant $100 off coupon as a rebate but they don't because they know people will only be about 50% successful in claiming the rebate if they make the hoops to jump through difficult enough. That's money in their pocket.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

We typically do make use of rebates. So far, to my recollection, all but one, AT&T Visa debit card sign-up bonus for adding a service, (10+ years and still waiting smirk laugh ) have been fulfilled successfully, although some have taken months to receive.

Matter of fact, we just got a $3.00 rebate check in the mail last week from Blue Rino LP.

It's my understanding, though, that almost all rebates, be they mail in or online submissions, are processed by contracted 3rd party clearing houses and not the manufacturers. Rarely if ever do manufacturers do any processing of rebate claims themselves.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/consumerism/rebate_madness01.html

Last edited by joken2; 08/16/17. Reason: Added link.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I ordered a 5x prism sight off Amazon prime for like 254$ sent in the rebate and got the FF3 a few weeks later.

Their fine print said while supplies last.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Terryk
Waiting on a Smith and Wesson rebate from the end of June. I hear they take long, and the rebate looks like junk mail.

I bought a M&P Shield in April and just received the $75 rebate check Monday. Yes, it looks like a postcard and luckily didn't get tossed with the rest of the junk mail.

K
kenoh2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by viking
I ordered a 5x prism sight off Amazon prime for like 254$ sent in the rebate and got the FF3 a few weeks later.

Their fine print said while supplies last.

Yeah, I read the fine print. There are several reasons that the rebate can be rejected/ignored without notice. But I don't recall the of the FF3 being in short supply.

I've submitted and received many rebates without issue. This is the first one that kind of gave me a bad vibe from the start.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rebates take a long time. Make sure you read the fine print and you qualify for a rebate.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Knock on wood, but I have had great luck getting in rebates over the past 2 years. 2 Leupold, 1 Savage and 4 Marlin. I just submitted another Marlin today.

K
kenoh2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Surprise!

Rebate company left a voicemail for me today apologizing for not getting my rebate processed. Maybe the submission was lost in the mail..... got here too late......not complete information....whatever.

Anyways, Burris forwarded the email that I sent to them and instructed the rebate outfit to send me a sight.

Thanks Burris!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nothing wrong with rebates and there is a very good reason companies use them now. It has been quite a few years ago, but a friend of mine who runs a small local gun shop purchased a large order directly from Ruger. Paid cash and got them at what he thought was a good price.

Within weeks Ruger decided to reduce prices dramatically across their entire lineup. Suddenly all the other gun shops in town were able to sell the same guns $30 cheaper and still make a good profit. My friend wasn't happy with Ruger, nor were a lot of other retailers. He eventually sold all of the Rugers, but at little or no profit just to move them and didn't stock Ruger products for a very long time.

By doing a rebate companies can offer their products to consumers at reduced prices without hurting retailers financially.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1Longbow, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 57 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,820
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.