Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In the summer I mostly carry a Glock 26 in a Mitch Rosen 5JR with 124 grain +P Federal HST's and of course a backup magazine. Around the neighborhood it's more minimal and I often carry a S&W 442 with a speed strip for a reload. During the cooler months it's usually a Glock 19 with 147 grain Federal HST's (same thing the local cops carry). In the mountains I'm usually hiking and larger animals are a possibility so I carry my Glock 36 with Buffalo Bore 230 grain +P truncated cone FMJ's for penetration plus a spare mag of 230 grain Federal HST's for human predators. At home I have AR's with loaded 30 round mags and a Remington Versamax 12 gauge with buckshot and slugs. And of course I always carry a lockback folder, generally a Benchmade.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
if you are not, you might consider it. Times are getting rough.

I carry every day & my go-to, for the most part, has been a Commander sized 1911, but I have gone to a higher capacity gun in the more recent months with at least one extra mag, usually a G-23 or G19.

I used to carry a J-frame as a pocket gun when carrying a belt holstered gun wasn't always convenient................I've stopped carrying the J-frame except as a 2nd gun & have gone to bigger pockets & a G-27 or the G-27 in a Remora holster. That a very concealable rig that keeps a fair amount of firepower available, especially with an extra mag, for anything except long range work.

MM

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My wife and I both carry 24/7/365. I feel naked without my pistol. I have had to pull it once in the 25 years I've carried and that was on a big Rottweiler that came charging out of the tall grass where I'd parked. I didn't have to shoot it as much as I wanted to because that dog hit the brakes and did a 180* when it was looking down the barrel of a .45. Funny that even a dumb dog knows when it's over its head. When we travel our pistols go with us along with a copy of that states CCW reciprocity and applicable laws. I minimize our chances of being a victim as much as possible and hope I never have to use it but the way this country is going I'll be surprised if I don't.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigNate
I have not felt the "need" to carry here in N. Idaho so much, but over the last few years I've changed my mind.

Same here Nate......for years my only interest in handguns was a couple of 22's I use for trapping but as crazy as the world's getting I recently picked up a 1911 for home defense and a little S&W Airweight 38 that lives in my Taco. I don't know how much I'll actually carry it but it's nice to have it handy in case I want to slip it into a jacket/pants pocket.
I doubt that I'll ever have an AR but my little Marlin carbine 44mag is always handy.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I just bought my dear, little wife a 1911-22 Compact. She told me she no longer wants to carry the Model 60 as our grandson has found out that Grandma' always has candy or gum in her purse and he doesn't bother to ask for it - he just burrows in and takes it. She wanted an semi-automatic that she could pull the mag out of and render it harmless. She wanted to have a .22 so she could shoot it more...!! I didn't argue (as if that would have changed things) I just ordered it for her. She said that she really likes it because it is a 1911 and it is so easy to operate. I know that it is a mouse gun and it couldn't hurt a flea, etc, etc but she is pretty good with it and it is better than her going without.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My wife had been shopping for a new purse and wound up going to the Coach store at our local outlet. She walked out with 2 nice purses because they had the kind of zippered pocket for her revolver. I'm proud that she'd shop for a purse specifically to carry her handgun and for buying herself something, she never shops for herself. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I waited 8 years to get my concealed carry license, mainly did so due to it being an obtained right. Up to then I was perfectly happy packing my 870 which is legal in Texas "in any manner".

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fwiw,
Box stock Glock 19...

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
fwiw,
Box stock Glock 19...

Regards, Matt.

Some high viability sights would be about the only way to significantly improve that as a defensive piece.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
SIG P250 .40

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone should carry and put the guessing to rest.

And this Georgia businessman needs your help.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I swap back n forth between a khar cw9 a xds 45 and a p238 for during the week don't have my ccw but they ride openly in the console or sit at my desk as far as the home front depending on my chores it's either the cw9 with cast boolits or a 38 snubbie with snake shot

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Keep a Glock in the center console of my daily driver. Same concern as above. The crowds seem to be getting larger. Any suggestions or strategies to discretely transport an AR in the cabin of a 4 door sedan?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Keep a Glock in the center console of my daily driver. Same concern as above. The crowds seem to be getting larger. Any suggestions or strategies to discretely transport an AR in the cabin of a 4 door sedan?

Or

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
After reading through this thread I'm convinced not to ever again cross over into the States for a visit.

Jim

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
After reading through this thread I'm convinced not to ever again cross over into the States for a visit.

Jim

Why not? All in all, you might be safer here than there.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Paulh
SIG P250 .40

The P250 doesn't get nearly the love it should. It is misunderstood by many people.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
gen 2 Glock 19 on the hip, Smith wesson J Frame air weight in the counsol, Ar pistol with 300rds under the back seat, body armor if I'm going to NOG ville.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I carry every day. As someone said, if my pants are on, so is a gun. Things are worse than they were. It's time we are prepared, for anyone that has bad intentions toward us.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mostly a S&W Shield in 9mm. I am feeling more comfort with pocket carry lately. I also carry occasionally a Ruger LC9 in front pocket. The pockets are deep enough and it doesn't print. I think most people are oblivious anyway to CC.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 43 invisible), 2,712 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,628
Posts18,474,244
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.