Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
What is your favorite and why?? I know this topic has been talked about before, but after scrolling though all the threads here, I couldn't find anything. I thought DD (DakotaDeer) asked about this a while back, but I could be wrong... As some of you know, I'm an AR newbie and have some questions regarding them. I recently bought a NIB Black Rain Ordnance BCG for my lefty Stag and that thing is slick. I know it's a coating and some say it may flake off, but I'm also hearing differing opinions on this from other forums. I don't want this to start any arguments, just wanted to replace the rough as a corn cob BCG on my new to me AR like I did on my Stag 6HL. I know from personal experience that the Stag operates SO much better now, it isn't even funny and it's a damn pleasure to clean now. I was also wondering if you have a preference toward the M16 vs. the semi auto BCG. All my other AR's have the M16 auto BCG, while the new AR is just semi-auto. Does one tend to produce better accuracy or have any other attributes I should be thinking about?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
GOOD hard chrome would be my choice if a plating.

Salt Bath Nitride would be my choice these days.

Robar NP3 worked well on a couple of barrels before wearing off.

No experience with any others.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know from personal experience that the Stag operates SO much better now, it isn't even funny and it's a damn pleasure to clean now.

I think you kind of answered your own question.

Otherwise, look at the nickel boron BCGs. Super shiny and the carbon just wipes right off according to the ones that sell them.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
I know from personal experience that the Stag operates SO much better now, it isn't even funny and it's a damn pleasure to clean now.

I think you kind of answered your own question.

Otherwise, look at the nickel boron BCGs. Super shiny and the carbon just wipes right off according to the ones that sell them.

Thanks Ken. I guess I should have said the one I bought is Nickel Boron instead of "NIB". Seems to be a pretty good product. Anyone have any experience with the Right To Bear Arms BCG in nickel boron? I really like that company and decided to throw some money their way and buy one of their BCG's. Pretty good reviews on it as well...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
With a quality bolt group I don't really think it matters. As long as the inside is coated where it counts the rest is just for bling.

Last edited by wareagle700; 08/20/17.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We coated a couple many years ago.

In the end decided it wasn't worth the effort for us personally. And if we had a failure it could cost us thousands of dollars....at least not a life.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

282 members (1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 16penny, 40 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.