Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by jwp475

1- Do you believe that regulations call for soldiers to have a cartridge in the chamber of their pistol. 2- i wasn't talking solidness
The M9 was carried with a round chambered. I don't know that anyone knows if that will change with the M17, maybe it will, maybe it won't.

The military doesn't carry a round in the chamber per regulations.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Guns aren't supposed to be dropped, why not sue the incompetence of the dropper?

The gun is marketed as drop safe. The implicit pitch is: "Buy our gun because you can drop it and it won't go off." Many people know that they aren't perfect, so they make consumer decisions that provide protections against their own mistakes. If a company markets such a product and it does not work as advertised under conditions that one can reasonably anticipate, it should not escape liability because the person dropped it in the first place.

True, but the drop is negligence, but the maker has deeper pockets.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

1- Do you believe that regulations call for soldiers to have a cartridge in the chamber of their pistol. 2- i wasn't talking solidness
The M9 was carried with a round chambered. I don't know that anyone knows if that will change with the M17, maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Depends on where you are and what job you have. I carried unchambered and on safe in Afghanistan. SOP (USAF) on my African deployment last year was to carry chambered and red.

Who is John Galt?
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I would like to see a copy of the actual regulation. I don't believe I've ever seen anything truly in writing on the subject. During the years of the M9 W. Cary I have met people who were instructed to carry it chambered, unchambered, safety, on safety off.

If those regulations are going to remain the same or change with the 320 that remains to be seen...too early to know.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

According to a marine, an Army Ranger and our own MackaySagebrush they do not carry with a round in the chamber.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are no regulations that govern whether a pistol is carried with a round chambered or not. Unit SOP, command guidance, local situation and individual common sense dictate. Anyone who believes that a service-level regulation will say otherwise is deluded.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think it depends on who owns the base. I worked for an Army garrison in Afghanistan and their policy was no round chambered. We had an adjacent MARSOC compound and those guys always had a round chambered (Glock 19 or 1911 cocked and locked). I was on an Air Force compound in North Africa and everyone carried with a round in the chamber and safety off. Seems like the Army frowns upon chambered rounds unless actually engaged.

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Again, local policy, not regulation. "Garrison" (by which I assume you mean "FOB") is different from "outside the wire".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mesabi
Again, local policy, not regulation. "Garrison" (by which I assume you mean "FOB") is different from "outside the wire".
It was a FOB, but the emphasis on garrison was intentional. The base had an Air Force site and O6 commander and a separate Army O6 garrison commander. I was unfortunate and assigned to the garrison. I'm not positive, but I believe the AF carried with chambered rounds. I know that my team and I had rounds chambered when we made our regular visits to the Afghan Air Force compound.

Who is John Galt?
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V

According to a marine, an Army Ranger and our own MackaySagebrush they do not carry with a round in the chamber.

They get those 320s, they better not even have a mag in it. Sarcasm. LOL

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the amazing thing is how they passed all the tests, were selected largely due to price it seems, discharged on a few civilians striking one in the leg, SIG issued a statement that the guns were safe, then after continued publicity regards drop firing, issues a statement about a trigger fix. beta testing done by the customer.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
the amazing thing is how they passed all the tests, were selected largely due to price it seems, discharged on a few civilians striking one in the leg, SIG issued a statement that the guns were safe, then after continued publicity regards drop firing, issues a statement about a trigger fix. beta testing done by the customer.

And from what I've read, they actually completed all the tests on the full size pistols. Of course we haven't seen the actual data of what specifically was done in those tests.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

What are you taking about? The above, combined with your statement that guns shouldn't be dropped therefor a pistol that fires when dropped is ok...? Guns get dropped when used. Doesn't make it "ok", but the baddest gunslinger in earth will eventually drop a gun if pushed hard enough.

I've been in the military since 2002, and have never not carried chambered. The Army is retarded in that they think the decocker on the M9 is a "safety", however not every branch/organization does.

As for the M17/18.... someone might have said earlier this year that there were issues with the choice of the Sig.... However, the "upgrade" was already added to the military pistols. There's more to it of course....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
pictures of DOD types with hookers??? don't know why they refer to it as the swamp...the septic tank would make more sense.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.