Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
is pretty awesome this year. Definitely on my bucket list!! The fields are pristine and it's great to see these 'utes having fun. Even the all growed up 'utes are excited.

So how did these kids get so big? And they're flat out whacking the ball all over the place. Makes me wonder if more are opting for a less intrusive baseball over football.

Carolina is kicking No Cal's buttz!!

--------------------------------------------
In addition and a first:

Cardinals and Pirates at Bowman Field tonight!

As part of the festivities surrounding the MLB Little League Classic, players from both the Pirates and the Cardinals will attend the Little League Baseball World Series in a first-of-its-kind show of support for youth baseball. Later tonight, the players and families of the 16 teams competing in the Little League Baseball World Series will then be in attendance at the MLB Little League Classic at Bowman Field, which will air on ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball and ESPN Radio at 7 p.m. (ET).

Last edited by byc; 08/20/17.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by byc

In addition and a first:

As part of the festivities surrounding the MLB Little League Classic, players from both the Pirates and the Cardinals will attend the Little League Baseball World Series in a first-of-its-kind show of support for youth baseball. Later tonight, the players and families of the 16 teams competing in the Little League Baseball World Series will then be in attendance at the MLB Little League Classic at Bowman Field, which will air on ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball and ESPN Radio at 7 p.m. (ET).

All this is going to do is whore up the series. all day on tv was cut away from the play to see what the Pirates and Cardinals side show is up to.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by byc
is pretty awesome this year. Definitely on my bucket list!! The fields are pristine and it's great to see these 'utes having fun. Even the all growed up 'utes are excited.

So how did these kids get so big? And they're flat out whacking the ball all over the place. Makes me wonder if more are opting for a less intrusive baseball over football.

Carolina is kicking No Cal's buttz!!

In addition and a first:

Carolina girls came in second this year at the Softball World Series. They have made it to the final game for the last three years. Seven of these girls play middle school ball with my daughter.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I watched some of that. Those ladies kicked some butt!

Congrats!!

Go Nats!!!!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Thanks! They are special yet very humble young ladies.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Old man took me every year as a kid, always had my piece of cardboard for the hill. Do t have a clue what I did with all those pins.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
GO Carolina!!

SouthEast!!

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
GO CAROLINA!!!!!

Prayers to Texas! Not sure if Lufkin was effected or not. But it has to be a strain on this little men fro TX.

Last edited by byc; 08/26/17.

Go Nats!!!!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Texas grabs the US title in a steller come back,congrats to these men.
Bring it home .....

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup....they did their state well.

Go Southwest! Beat Japan!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by byc
Yup....they did their state well.

Go Southwest! Beat Japan!

Byc, how does Japan manage to do so well in LL, yet have so few players on pro teams? WTH?

Seems in the LL their guys are a yr or 2 older than our kids.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They said that team had a lot of kids from about 130 miles inland from the coast. Men could sure learn a lot from these kids taking such a gut punch and staying focused. Congrats to the boys from Texas.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also, you got to remember, that these teams in Pa. are not the players that started the year playing together. These are all-star teams. The best players selected from several teams within an association.

If you remember, they said the Japanese team practiced from can-till-can't, every weekend. Figure at least 28-30 hrs per week.... how many of the other teams practice that much? They are good, no doubt about it.

Glad to see the Lufkin, Tx. fellows win the US Championship.... Now to win the Series!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,289
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.