Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
First time . . . Criminal case. . . Expected to run five days. . . Can't talk about it now, but will report back when it is over.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good luck... been there on a jury 8 times and each was at least interesting in its own way.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Love jury duty. Since I don't have a criminal record and don't associate with many criminals, I end up in the box every time I have jury duty. It's a hoot and always look forward to it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was interviewed at a gunsight company, B.E. Meyer ~ 12 years ago.
Everyone there was a gun nut.
They had looked me up on the internet and thought my handloads were too hot.

They probably don't like hot handloads on juries either.... I have never been arrested and always vote... by the jury duty never calls.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been on several criminal cases. The first couple were interesting.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The worst jury duty I ever had was a child custody trial. It was like I was trapped in a "Jerry Springer Show" for 4 days. It was pure hell.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S

JFC, what a dïck tease.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sat on a jury in our local court last December ,a DUI case....Started 8:00 am and ran to the afternoon, at that point the judge (a soft spoken gentleman ) asked if we would like to try and get this finished today if possible...They bought dinner, we carried on... I was out the door at 9:30 pm, done for the year smile

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm 56 and have been voting ever since I legally could but have never been called for jury duty. Go figure.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
just got the letter and a survey questions last week. Heard there is a murder trial in the works.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never had the honor.

Roy Bean

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Been called several times, picked 4. Two criminal and 2 civil. One of the civil cases involved 2 old guys in a dispute over a relatively small sum of money supposedly owed by one to the other. The defendant was acting as his own lawyer and got in one sentence during opening statements before the plaintiff's lawyer asked for and was granted a mistrial. Information the jury wasn't supposed to hear was revealed. They can be interesting, they can make you feel that you wasted your time.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I was interviewed at a gunsight company, B.E. Meyer ~ 12 years ago.
Everyone there was a gun nut.
They had looked me up on the internet and thought my handloads were too hot.

They probably don't like hot handloads on juries either.... I have never been arrested and always vote... by the jury duty never calls.

Yep, thats how I get off jury duty too, I discuss "hot handloads" and let my briefcase full of Penthouse strategically fall open.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd kinda like to do it sometime. Never been called.

Black Cows Matter!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I've sat on two civil cases and missed a murder case by the skin of my teeth that was asking for the death penalty. On that one there were only four of us left to be called up out of around 150 summoned to the court house that day to seat twelve p[us alternates. My name must have been stuck at the bottom of the hat that day...What county you in Okie?

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've sat on several. Some people have genuine hardships and are excused but it chaps my ass to see people lie their way out of it. One case was a DUI and the number of people who couldn't be fair and impartial because they "had a relative killed by a drunk driver" was unbelievable.

It's rewarding in it's own right. In one case we convicted a punk gang-banger who shot up a dice game and needed to be put away. In another, we found a young guy who was at odds with his girlfriend's dad not guilty of some obviously trumped-up harassment charges.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been on two civil cases, one in federal court and the other in state court. Can be interesting.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have only been called once, and was excused because I had a non-refundable cruise scheduled that same week. I'd be honored to serve, but am almost certain that I'd be picked as foreman. Not sure how I'd do at that, because I'm not a good people manager.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by 79S

JFC, what a dïck tease.

I had forgotten how funny I am.

Thanks for reminding me.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 11 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.