Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
exterminating ideologies goes back into history a long ways.

the roman legions, manned by slaves, salted fields.

american soldiers gave away diseased blankets.

war's not a pretty sight, when one side is right.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go smoke another bong.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Go smoke another bong.

well, ok if you say so.

things are beginning to brighten.

2,000 years of wars. and it goes on.

what we need is improved technology, no?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I think you're missing the point of the photo and caption.

The point is,..the war in Afghanistan has been going on so long that the children of the first American soldiers to be deployed there are now old enough to be deployed there also.

Hence my comment about the Hundred Year's War and the last time we really mixed it up with the muzzies and only stopped them at the gates of Vienna. Point being, it is what it is and there's no end in sight short of total war.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I think you're missing the point of the photo and caption.

The point is,..the war in Afghanistan has been going on so long that the children of the first American soldiers to be deployed there are now old enough to be deployed there also.

Hence my comment about the Hundred Year's War and the last time we really mixed it up with the muzzies and only stopped them at the gates of Vienna. Point being, it is what it is and there's no end in sight short of total war.

The end was in sight until the globalists fugged it up,.....again.

The globalists are using the American military to create failed states in the Middle East which will be occupied by Islamic radicals.

The knew it was going to be a tar baby when they sent the American military into it.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The end was really never in sight. In my humble opinion, nothing short of total war and I mean total is going to fix this. And of course about the worst thing we can do is engage in this nation building system. The British model of splitting them along tribal lines and fighting amongst themselves, no "national identity" is the way to go

Last edited by jorgeI; 08/23/17.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The end was really never in sight. In my humble opinion, nothing short of total war and I mean total is going to fix this. And of course about the worst thing we can do is engage in this nation building system. The British model of splitting them along tribal lines and fighting amongst themselves, no "national identity" is the way to go

Total war in 2017 will result in nuclear war.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It didn't work too well when Obama pulled all the troops out of Iraq and we ended up with ISIS. That strategy might produce a similar result in Afghanistan. I don't think Trump wants to start new wars, but we have a big investment in Afghanistan so I can see why he would listen to his generals and give it another shot with a better plan. But that 's no guarantee it will be successful.

In the fight against the Islamists we are damned if we do and damned if we don't because they get to decide whether we are at war. And they keep attacking the West so we are basically at war whether we like it or not. People like to make comments about nuking the Mideast but that's pure fantasy. This is going to be a long and nasty conflict. Probably the best we can do is to be very careful about getting involved in new wars with regular troops. The days when we could just ignore bad guys on the other side of the earth are unfortunately long gone.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You are entitled to your opinion that I disagree with. Nothing new there..

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (7mm_Loco, 264mag, 280Ackleyrized, 300_savage, 15 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,060
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.