Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: Sadly hank aaron has now demeaned himself to the status of common negro chip on his shoulder whiner!
Again, that is a sad status for a once great athlete/man.
I agree with those that contend, when I am paying for an athlete/actor/chef/gunsmith to entertain me or provide a service for me I don't want to be bombarded with their petty political gripes!
I say to hell with colon kaepernick and hank aaron.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Whats that old saying - "you can take the negro out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the negro"?
I think that "saying" applies here - to both of these anti-American cretins.

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
AS posted elsewhere, sent a note to the NFL website stating my boycott of anything NFL until the flag / anthem protests stopped. Also pointed out that I was part of the 15% viewership drop last year. Sent a note to the Cincinnati Bengals website echoing the NFL email, and added that I turned down a free steak dinner at Ruth Chris' from a business client because the dinner commitment included a commitment to attend the Cincinnati Bengals pre-season game on 14 Sep.

Rather than sitting around griping on 24HCF, we also need to be sending emails, messages, contact forms to the NFL and NFL teams expressing our resentment and lack of tolerance for their PC non-sense...

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
NFL teams accept zero distractions from backup quarterbacks

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
[quote=Orion2000

Rather than sitting around griping on 24HCF, we also need to be sending emails, messages, contact forms to the NFL and NFL teams expressing our resentment and lack of tolerance for their PC non-sense... [/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes.

Typing only here does little.

Last edited by WillARights; 08/23/17.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
If Kaperbrick had evolved into a superstar QB none of of this would be happening. He lost his starting job and rode the pine and was quickly becoming a footnote and decided to play the race card to stay relevant and get the attention back from his partial season success. I was done with NFL last year because of this lack of respect for the very country that gave him the opportunity.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Many are boycotting the NFL because of Kaepernick's protest. Now Hank Aaron is boycotting because of how Kaepernick was treated by the NFL. So, they get both sides boycotting for different reasons. They need to prohibit political statements by players during games and just play football.
Love it.

Hank Aaron says he won't watch NFL because of how Colin Kaepernick was treated
By Kathleen Joyce Published August 23, 2017 Fox News

Baseball legend Hank Aaron said he won't watch any NFL games this season because of how the league treated former quarterback Colin Kaepernick after Kaepernick's national anthem protest last season drew widespread scrutiny.

Aaron spoke to Roland Martin of the Tom Joyner Morning Show in Atlanta after the Braves held a weekend in honor of the baseball great and one-time home run king. Aaron told Martin he wished the NFL would give Kaepernick a chance and was also upset the team he roots for, the Baltimore Ravens, did not sign the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback.

“I think he’s getting a raw deal," Aaron said. "If you look at all the quarterbacks in the league right now, he is one, two, three, four. I don’t think anybody can do the things he could do. I wish somebody would open up and give him a chance to do his thing."

Kaepernick, 29, became a controversial figure last year after he refused to stand for the national anthem before NFL games, instead choosing to kneel in what he called a protest against police oppression of people with color.

FILE - In this Oct. 2, 2016, file photo, from left, San Francisco 49ers outside linebacker Eli Harold, quarterback Colin Kaepernick, center, and safety Eric Reid kneel during the national anthem before an NFL football game against the Dallas Cowboys in Santa Clara, Calif. What started as a protest against police brutality has mushroomed a year later into a divisive debate over the future of Kaepernick who refused to stand for the national anthem and now faces what his fans see as blackballing for speaking out in a country roiled by racial strife. The once-rising star and Super Bowl quarterback has been unemployed since March, when he opted out of his contract and became a free agent who could sign with any team. (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez, File)Expand / Collapse
Colin Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers in March and has not been signed by a team. (AP)
Aaron also said he would “love” to see other players stand -- or kneel -- with Kaepernick.

“I’d love to see some other players stand up," Aaron said. "I would love that, I think it would give him incentive, I think it would help him."

Aaron added: “The thing that bothers me about this whole situation is the fact that he is going to all these camps and nobody seems to think he stands a chance of being number one. This is a young player who almost carried a team to a championship, to a Super Bowl -- but I was a Ravens fan.”

The Kaepernick-led 49ers lost, 34-31, to the Ravens in Super Bowl XLVII. Kaepernick was signed to a six-year contract extension following the Super Bowl appearance, but his play took a hit afterwards. Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the team in 2017, becoming a free agent in March, but he has not yet been signed.

Aaron told Martin he believed the reason Kaepernick isn't signed is due to the wishes of the team owners -- though Aaron didn't elaborate on the point.

“I just hope somebody can find a way to give him a chance to play,” Aaron said.

Aaron faced racial discrimination during his playing career, and particularly in 1974 when he broke the career home run record set by Yankees legend Babe Ruth. Aaron said he received “death threats and hate mail” following the achievement and had to hire a bodyguard, according to MLB.

On Wednesday, a few civil rights groups were slated to crowd outside NFL headquarters in New York City to show support for Kaepernick. The NAACP, Women’s March and Rev. Jesse Jackson were all scheduled to attend the rally, dubbed “United We Stand.”

Dear Hank,

Bizzness is bizzness. When you put asses in the seat by winning games, we hire.

When you don't, we don't.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

“I think he’s getting a raw deal," Aaron said. "If you look at all the quarterbacks in the league right now, he is one, two, three, four. I don’t think anybody can do the things he could do.

Hank been beaned in the head one too many times.

Hank was the honorary captain at one of the Michigan home football games last year. Golf cart took him to the center for the coin toss, two people helped him out and held him up, and then loaded him back into the cart. It was Hank Friggin' Aaron ! But I agree he may have taken too many hits.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Sent an email. There are years I don't even watch the Super Bowl but they don't know that. I told em our household would boycott until they get their players to play ball and stop politicking.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Never been a fan of any sport, much less the NFL. I couldn't care less if the entire league went belly up. I get so sick and tired of games being radio broadcasted on the weekends.

I do like having the woods empty during ball games though...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hank Aaron clearly doesn't know what he's looking at.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
"Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the team in 2017"

Well, sure seems like he did it to himself. He could have been playing under contract right now regardless of his 'protests.' He chose not to do so. After he lost 11 games in a season, that is.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Part of the reason the Patriots are successfull is the requirement that NO SINGLE PLAYER is above the team, no distractions, no drama, you toe the party line or get out. Focus on football, period.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The truth is that he was a below average QB on a great team and went along for the ride. He disrespected the flag I love and that many brave men and women died to honor, and all that it represents.
There are a lot of black QBs in the league. The players who stand are the ones who have dozens of kids with dozens of women and add to the problem. They make millions and complain about how racist the country is. Don't forget, If they were so sensitive why wouldn't they refuse to play a game against the Washington REDSKINS a obvious slight to the Indians image the Boston Coons , how long would that last..

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Can't find anyone to feel sorry for here.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Rock Chuck: Sadly hank aaron has now demeaned himself to the status of common negro chip on his shoulder whiner!
Again, that is a sad status for a once great athlete/man.
I agree with those that contend, when I am paying for an athlete/actor/chef/gunsmith to entertain me or provide a service for me I don't want to be bombarded with their petty political gripes!
I say to hell with colon kaepernick and hank aaron.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Whats that old saying - "you can take the negro out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the negro"?
I think that "saying" applies here - to both of these anti-American cretins.

VG, he had that chip all along. The media never played it up back then, but now it's PC.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman
" ... I do like having the woods empty during ball games though... "

Same here. I'd far rather spend a Sunday out in the mountains, hunting, fishing, hiking, etc., than plopped on a couch with a bowl of stale popcorn watching a bunch of dumb ass, overpaid prima donas run around on a field chasing each other over a piece of leather.

Just me.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Well, sure seems like he did it to himself. He could have been playing under contract right now regardless of his 'protests.' He chose not to do so. After he lost 11 games in a season, that is.

Kap got paid by someone to opt out of his contract and turn this into a circus.... someone with deep enough pockets to try to ruin the NFL owners...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's too bad. Hank Aaron just got scratched of my list of all time favorite baseball players.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ringworm
I'm. boycotting the NFL because football is super fkin boring...oh and cause I love Merica!

Me too.
I didn't watch any football last year and zero this year...
I really don't care for the game.

Texas
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Kap got paid by someone to opt out of his contract and turn this into a circus.... someone with deep enough pockets to try to ruin the NFL owners...

Whaaa?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (160user, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 3,410 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,469
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.