Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So I had read (somewhere on the internet???) that CZ was going to change the Model 527 (the mini mauser) to a standard floorplate and also change the safety to forward for fire (the same as most American Rifles). IIRC? it was some review of the 527 in 6.5 Grendel that had stated this. Worse yet I passed this on here (at the 24hourcampfire) a while back.

Today I received an email back from CZ regarding this;

"Jerry,

The rifle in question is spec'd to have detachable magazines and is pull-to-fire regarding the safety. While anything is possible down the road, at this time there are no plans for these specifications to change.

Thank you,

Dereck Miller

Sales Assistant"

I'm crushed... I was waiting for either the Howa Mini Action to come out with a standard floorplate instead of the dropmatic extended magazine OR the CZ 527 Mini Mauser to come out with a standard floorplate and conventional safety. Seems like neither is happening in the near future.

Jerry

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 08/25/17.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw a post today on another site by an LSI employee. He said a couple of companies are working on bottom metal for the Mini-action, but didn't have a time frame. I took that to mean that Howa wasn't one of them.

What fresh Hell is this?
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
As far as the safety goes on CZ rifles. I just think of pulling the safety back to fire like cocking a hammer back.

Looking at it that way makes it less confusing.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I simply can't understand why the safety is such a big issue. It's different than my model 70 and my Kimber but it has never had me baffled. On the mag issue,there is someone who either makes a kit or does a modification so that the mags fit nearly flush but you give up some rounds.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Clark: Who is that "someone"? Thanks.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bobmn

I'll research it and find it for you. I just remember reading someone was doing it a while back.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Some of the people on this forum must have been sent into a perpetual tail spin when the auto makers changed the dimmer switch from a button on the floor board to a steering column dimmer control !! My first .22 rifle was a Marlin 81dl with the so called backwards safety,how I ever managed to get through that huge problem,I'll never know!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by bobmn

I'll research it and find it for you. I just remember reading someone was doing it a while back.

Here you go.

http://rvbprecision.com/shooting/cz-527-rifle-magazine-conversion.html

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Autofive
Some of the people on this forum must have been sent into a perpetual tail spin when the auto makers changed the dimmer switch from a button on the floor board to a steering column dimmer control !! My first .22 rifle was a Marlin 81dl with the so called backwards safety,how I ever managed to get through that huge problem,I'll never know!

Amen to that.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Just ordered a 527 lux today ! Don't suspect either "issue" will be an issue for me .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My 527 American Grendel shipped out today. Somehow, I'm gonna force myself to like it, despite its peculiarities.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got rifles and shotguns with different types of safeties. I've yet to have a problem working my 527. I'd prefer not to have the detachable magazine, but it's never been a problem.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Autofive

Absolutely!

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
N
N
I have a 7.62....that rifle just begs to be 6.5 Creedmoor or .308, safety never an issue...users should know their weapons smile

A Ruger 6.5 Creed would compliment the .300 Blackout in 16.12 inch barrel would be an awesome Whitetail combo as well.

Last edited by NorthernMich; 08/27/17.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Somehow, the seven CZ rifles I have, have not caused me any issues, either. I've had all kinds of good rifles, Winchesters, Remingtons, Savages, Howas, and none of their safeties caused me any issues, so I guess I'm adaptable enough. Too bad some others here cannot adapt as well, they are missing some awfully good rifles.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
ratsmacker and all,

I've got three CZ 452's (CZ Rimfires) and in the past had 3 or 4 others. So am quite familiar with the safety (the safety on the CZ 452 is the same as the CZ 527).

I've got preferences in my rifles... bottom metal, actions (though I've got most), metal (prefer stainless though I've got more in blue), stocks, etc.

Don't get Your knickers in a knot over someone else's likes & dislikes.

Jerry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
ratsmacker and all,

I've got three CZ 452's (CZ Rimfires) and in the past had 3 or 4 others. So am quite familiar with the safety (the safety on the CZ 452 is the same as the CZ 527).

I've got preferences in my rifles... bottom metal, actions (though I've got most), metal (prefer stainless though I've got more in blue), stocks, etc.

Jerry

I think the reason most people chime in is because we don't see the safety issue as a valid reason to avoid the rifle. That I can think of, I have at least 5 different types of safeties on my rifles, maybe six. It's just not an issue.

Preferences are fine. We all have them. Most of us just realize we like and dislike things because it's just how we are, not because of an actual problem with the rifle.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
ratsmacker and all,

Jerry

I think the reason most people chime in is because we don't see the safety issue as a valid reason to avoid the rifle. That I can think of, I have at least 5 different types of safeties on my rifles, maybe six. It's just not an issue.

Preferences are fine. We all have them. Most of us just realize we like and dislike things because it's just how we are, not because of an actual problem with the rifle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Sort of like the Buehler safety on Mausers. Some had it on the left some on the right. Shotguns on the trigger guard, Savage 99 on the lever, ...etc. Just different strokes.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ratsmacker and all,

Jerry

No knickers in knots, Jerry. I've got seven CZs, those others, etc. I hunt with a M70, but I favor the tang safety of the Ruger sort, though the only one I have left is on an RAR .22LR.

I "endeavor to perservere" with those other safety types, and even use a Marlin 336 now and then. I'm adaptable, which serves me well. That's the point I was trying to make, it's all in the mind, anyway. Most of the time I don't use a safety, and keep a cold chamber. So it's all moot for me.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 08/28/17.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Pappy,

Please do a write up on Your CZ 527/Grendel when You get some rounds down range. Particularly curious as to how it does with that 24 inch barrel (all of my reload data is for 18" barrels), I assume it will be about 150 fps faster or thereabouts?

The worst problem with the CZ 527's for me are the calibers they are offered in; 6.5 Grendel, 22 Hornet & 7.62(x39). I would like to try all & in that order. I handled the 7.62(x39) in the carbine format at the local sportsman's warehouse... talk about a handly little package.

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 7 invisible), 1,455 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,589
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.