Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 36 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 35 36
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It should have been somewhere around the lower Ohio valley by now.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The longer it stays, the worse things are gonna get. I'm hoping it just goes away. Preferably to an area that could use some rain.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm thinking about all you guys dealing with this flood situation. It makes me sick to think what everyone in the flooded areas are going to have to deal with. I got hit last year with Hurricane Matthew. Flooded my bottom floor with 18 inches of sea water and the Lord only knows what else. It stunk something awful. Lost all the furnishings inside and had to haul them all off. Take detailed pictures of everything! Before you start cleanup and after. I had to cut my interior walls 3 feet high and haul out all the wet insulation and then spray everything inside with Clorox and dry it all out. I used 6 or 8 box fans that ran for a month. It was 6 months getting the insurance check and rebuilding. No lasting problems since I did the tearing out and drying quickly, but neighbors have been fighting mold for months just because they hesitated to get started on the cleanup for several weeks.

I know that many of you have been through this before and know all the hoops that you have to jump through. I just thought I'd mention a few things so that maybe someone that hasn't done this before might give a little thought to what is coming and if a chance to offer a little help to those less fortunate comes, take it. It is amazing what a little help at a rough time will do. After Mathew a company set up a few grills and started making a lunch of hot dogs and hamburgers and all the fixings. I had almost nothing to eat and only a little in the way of non perishable food planned for supper when I ran across their buffet line. It was for anyone and when I fixed my plate they wouldn't let me pay for it. Talk about making a guy feel good! I was ready to get back at it after that break!

Harry
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah,....but the current map I linked looks like the worst case scenario is likely to take place

...we playin' butt monkey here ?

........The "link, and it's contents IS marked 2 days ago, and is the SAME chit they've had up for longer than that.

If you're going to link a current map, knock off the but routine and post the GD link, Man.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
This map makes it look like it's going to do a little counterclockwise whoop-dee-doo out into the Gulf a little ways then come slamming back ashore Wednesday morning.

http://mobile.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2017/tropical-depression-Harvey

Just saw CNN meteorologist say this very thing, 2:30 CST.

Continued prayers for all you eastern Texans.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
looks like a lot of the storm is over la. now. flood & tornado watch/warnings posted for several counties/parishes in louisiana. it's got an eastward lean to it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Yeah,....but the current map I linked looks like the worst case scenario is likely to take place

...we playin' butt monkey here ?

........The "link, and it's contents IS marked 2 days ago, and is the SAME chit they've had up for longer than that.

If you're going to link a current map, knock off the but routine and post the GD link, Man.

GTC

Isn't today the 27th?

http://mobile.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2017/tropical-depression-Harvey

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I put the first link up because the possibility of it making a double hit was predicted early on. The second map showed that they were pretty much right on the button.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The rain is really building, and the weather guy is wearing out his voice about all the funnel clouds popping up in Cajun country.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's not the post I was responding to. You put up some mashable horsechit.

I read the WU site this AM, too.

Let's stay organized, shall we

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/27/17.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I read the WU sire this AM, too.

GTC

??

I haven't done anything but relay information that's everywhere.

I was just commenting on it because of it's unusual nature.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I know I ain't close but if there's anything I can do or send from up here I'm happy to do it. I get a huge discount from fed ex (like 75% off) so if I can shop and ship anything to you guys please let me know.

Also and more importantly, and I'm very serious, if anyone can get out and needs a place to stay or their family (old, young, infirm, no matter) needs a safe place we have lots of room, bathrooms and plenty of space. Please don't hesitate to come up here. Hop a flight with what you can and I'll pick you up from SeaTac. We're 1.5 hours north of Seattle on Camano Island. The weather has been beautiful and if I can help anyone (even Curdog 😁) you'd be treated like family (even Curdog 😉).

God bless you all and don't risk it if you don't have to.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is this a brackish water catfish?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That WU track plot has it coming straight up the TX/LA border, right over us and seems to stop right about gunner500's place. shocked

Hmmm. Is he going to put an end to this disaster for us? Maybe shoot it twice with that Gibbs Double? Will it overpenetrate? grin

I can only imagine what the Big Thicket will look like this time next week. eek

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

GTC

??

Got it,......no harm, no foul.......

am of the opinion that these older "advisories" should be chitcanned every 10-12 hours, and patience wears thin watching the same bimbet marvel at an uprooted palm tree in front of her hotel for 3 phoucin' days, and calling it "the latest update."

that's all.

GTC

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

GTC

??

Got it,......no harm, no foul.......

am of the opinion that these older "advisories" should be chitcanned every 10-12 hours, and patience wears thin watching the same bimbet marvel at an uprooted palm tree in front of her hotel for 3 phoucin' days, and calling it "the latest update."

that's all.

GTC

got it. the media is bad at holding on to a story for too long, for whatever reason. they do it in part because they don't want to miss a crucial part of the story. but also because after setting up for such an event, it takes time and effort to shift to a "new" event.

i'm not saying this event with our brethren in houston and texas isn't serious. it's very serious and we all know that. and we wish & hope for the best outcomes.

but the media leads/lags stories all the time. that's the best they can do. so don't let their story line schedules misdirect our attention.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm in Cypress, NW of Houston. So far the storm has dropped 21+ inches of rain here. We had a small tornado on the ground about 2 miles away, that did some damage to buildings, but thankfully no injuries.

Rain slacked off some today, so the nearest major creek is actually receding slightly. I'm in a newer subdivision, with good flood controls, and I've had no problems. Other folks in older neighborhoods are not doing nearly as well, as we've all seen on the news. Schools here are closed all next week.

I think the rain will slack off for a while, but obviously, there will be more coming with this storm.

An amphibious vehicle would be real handy about now for helping folks. Lots of pleas for people with boats and high water vehicles to help rescue stranded people.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Good that you're dry Pat.

I saw the weather folks talking to a guy and asking if he had enough food. He said 'Yeah, I have a grill and 2 chest freezers full of deer meat.' I don't recall ever hearing that during Sandy.

God Bless Texas

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just saw interviews with some rescues in Dickinson and Buffalo Bayous. They were talking up to 30 inches of standing and still rising water. The entire area looked totally flooded. Especially, Dickinson.

Both Houston airports closed.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
This thing is truly Biblical

Page 23 of 36 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

181 members (12344mag, 270cowboy, 1lesfox, 44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 17 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,846
Posts18,517,426
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.