Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 36 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 35 36
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The longer it stays, the worse things are gonna get. I'm hoping it just goes away. Preferably to an area that could use some rain.

East Oklahoma and Central Kansas looked pretty dry.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Some good info here on Texas road closures.

http://static.drivetexas.org/#7/32.340/-99.500

Lots of highways closed from here to Houston, with the hurricane damage and flooding, there's not many options left in that part of the world.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The eye is now about 25 miles NW of Victoria, moving SE at ~2mph and the path model shows it veering off to the NE after whacking Houston again.

Probably got the news about gunner500...

It's headed pretty much straight towards milespatton though. right after it runs over Oldman03's place.

NWS calling the rainfall as "unprecendented" with rainfall totals of 50" in scattered locations of SE Texas.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
The eye is now about 25 miles NW of Victoria, moving SE at ~2mph and the path model shows it veering off to the NE after whacking Houston again.

Probably got the news about gunner500...

It's headed pretty much straight towards milespatton though. right after it runs over Oldman03's place.

NWS calling the rainfall as "unprecendented" with rainfall totals of 50" in scattered locations of SE Texas.

Ed

Houston would benefit greatly from that storm moving eastward.

Houston has been inundated with rain on the east side of the storm rotation. They need it to make some movement.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few of the advanced showers are getting close. In fact, I was hearing thunder a little bit ago. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I mentioned on another forum that I was passed by two 18 wheelers that passed me this AM going 80+mph, west bound for Texas. They had water treatment units aboard.

Last edited by websterparish47; 08/27/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
This thing is truly Biblical

Brings to mind the old Chinese curse....

"May you live in interesting times."

I noticed on Weather Underground they haven't posted computer model tracks on Harvey since at least Friday. Perhaps in the absence of steering forces there ain't a model track forecast that's worth a damn. This coming week can't get over with fast enough.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Finally got a hold of my uncle in Houston. His new home is high and dry for now.

Prayers for all our Campfire brothers still in harms way!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I saw on FB that H-E-B stores have a bunch of tractor-trailer rigs headed that way with essential supplies and portable water filtration units.

It ain't just .gov helping folks Texans continue to amaze me with their generosity,

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just wish I had the wherewithal and physical condition to help.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Finally got a hold of my uncle in Houston. His new home is high and dry for now.

Prayers for all our Campfire brothers still in harms way!!!

Good deal!

Lots of folks in a bad way, and unable to get out there.

My brother there said his house is dry for now, but his FIL's house was already flooded as is his FIL's parent's house.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I noticed on Weather Underground they haven't posted computer model tracks on Harvey since at least Friday. Perhaps in the absence of steering forces there ain't a model track forecast that's worth a damn. This coming week can't get over with fast enough.

Mike, here is the latest model as of 4:00 PM CDT to day; LINK

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Just go another text from Sponxx. They are fine, they had to move to the second floor. The 1st floor has about 2" of standing water. The dining room laminate floor is floating...

Ed

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Ed, for the link.

That's exactly what it needs to do... Make some miles and dissipate.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I saw on FB that H-E-B stores have a bunch of tractor-trailer rigs headed that way with essential supplies and portable water filtration units.

It ain't just .gov helping folks Texans continue to amaze me with their generosity,

Ed

Not surprising in the least.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The HEB store on Rio Grande Street in Victoria, TX has the emergency relief setup there now.

Emergency prescriptions, hot meals, water, etc.

They can serve 2500 hot meals an hour out of that set-up.

They are up and running now.

https://www.facebook.com/HEBPrepared

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Glad to hear Pat, and SPONXX and family are safe, Ed, you seem to have a handle on what's going on, please keep us informed. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now 24.47" total at my house, and a another band of rain headed in on the radar. I ventured out this afternoon during a lull and made it to our plant. It is good with no sign of water getting in. But it started raining again steadily, and the flooded roads started rising again. I closed the plant again for tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get some breaks, but the storm rotation keeps pulling moisture off the gulf and dumping it on us.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Now 24.47" total at my house, and a another band of rain headed in on the radar. I ventured out this afternoon during a lull and made it to our plant. It is good with no sign of water getting in. But it started raining again steadily, and the flooded roads started rising again. I closed the plant again for tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get some breaks, but the storm rotation keeps pulling moisture off the gulf and dumping it on us.

God Bless you and keep you safe!

Yeah, y'all need to get on the weak side of that storm. Hopefully it'll move out soon.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
My wife works for HEB in Victoria. We'd heard stories of looters, and she talked to the big boss just now, and he confirmed that.

It seems a whole gang of looters busted into the HEB Plus here and just ravaged the place. Many suspects.

They have them on video surveillance.

Hopefully they will catch the a-holes... mad

Last edited by rockinbbar; 08/27/17.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 24 of 36 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (35, 14idaho, 405winash, 257robertsimp, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 858 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,407
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.