Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just got a text from wife's sister. They live off a Fry road in NW Harris county and are watching Cypress creek. Said if it comes up another 2 feet it may get in their house.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RIO7
Glad to hear Pat, and SPONXX and family are safe, Ed, you seem to have a handle on what's going on, please keep us informed. Rio7

It comes from having friends in low places...and some high places. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
My wife works for HEB in Victoria. We'd heard stories of looters, and she talked to the big boss just now, and he confirmed that.

It seems a whole gang of looters busted into the HEB Plus here and just ravaged the place. Many suspects.

They have them on video surveillance.

Hopefully they will catch the DIMOCRAPS. mad

FIXT

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
anyone heard from our friend pat powell? i figgered he's busy, but i worry for him

FJB
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
haven't had any tv etc. Some pics here. Chit.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41069852

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just heard from my Texas cousin. He and his family are fine. Water rose to within 5-8 feet of his house on a rise, but tthe sewers were enough to drain it away. Roads near him were clear of water shortly after the rain stopped. (By that time, it has been stopped for about 2 hours.) His neighborhood never even lost power.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
This thing is truly Biblical

But the flood is in Texas, and the ark is in Kentucky.

https://arkencounter.com/

smile

Bruce

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Deans
Just got a text from wife's sister. They live off a Fry road in NW Harris county and are watching Cypress creek. Said if it comes up another 2 feet it may get in their house.

Too late. It is due to elevate 10' above record by Tuesday.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockchucker
anyone heard from our friend pat powell? i figgered he's busy, but i worry for him

Hello Bobby....All good. Working 36 today.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Good to see you are kicking, Pat.

Was wondering about you.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Verizon Good Deed...

Verizon is providing free talk, text and data for the entire hurricane area until the 8th of Sept.

I have a Verizon hotspot. May be needing it.

Kudos for them. smile

(I have not heard anything from ATT though... I have 3 cell phone accounts with ATT. Hell, I didn't even get my 22 cent check for the cheating they did on bills from the lawsuit yet... frown )

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Glad you are OK but I knew you would be

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Glad you popped your head in.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
back to work today, vacation is over.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
back to work today, vacation is over.

Same here.

Wife is going into her job at HEB tonight to get things going. They had generator failure, and lost all perishables in the store.

I'm going to start clearing roads and drives with my tractor today. Probably for free. I can't see charging folks that need help.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know this goes without saying, but here's to the hope that our countrymen in Texas rally around one another to the best of their abilities in these darkest of days. My most sincere wishes for safety and recovery to everyone hit by this horrible storm.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I know this goes without saying, but here's to the hope that our countrymen in Texas rally around one another to the best of their abilities in these darkest of days. My most sincere wishes for safety and recovery to everyone hit by this horrible storm.

That's the way it will be, in reality.

The media will play it as a racist angle to the hilt though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Harvey the Horrible..........What a storm.Going to try to get a generator and supplies to my Uncle in Rockport this morning.Amazing how Blessed I feel.Corpus Christi was near the south side of the eye.Damage here was minimal.Trees and fences were the bulk of the damage.But within eyes view of the structures across the bay,totally different world.Very devastating to say the least.I'm still without power,crews are working to get things going.I got a generator yesterday and believe me we are doing a lot better than the majority of the people affected by this storm.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At the moment, 9:00am, my rain gauge says 32.1" for the storm, so almost 8" of rain in 12 hours. It slacked off some overnight, which we needed, but it is still raining some.

The radar suggests we'll get more rain today, but maybe it won't be as intense.

Major flood control reservoirs are being opened now, which is good news for us, not good news for people downstream.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I heard from Rost495 about two hours ago. He's been at the Fire Station since 8:00PM Saturday night. He said that they have been doing water rescues nonstop since 03:00 this morning. He was paged to another one as we were texting. He said that Carolyn and his place are still fine.

I just heard from Sponxx, they are safe. He said that the inside of the house is now dry and that they have power and city water restored.

National Hurricane Center 07:00 Advisory said that the Eastern Gulf Shore of Texas and Western Gulf Shore of LA could see an additional 15" - 25" of rainfall before Friday.

The latest track info from Weather Underground was at 07:00 and it shows the storm making landfall again late this evening, then heading NNE, over Beaumont, then the Lufkin/San Augustine area around 02:00AM Thursday, over Oldman03's house north of Shreveport around 02:00 Friday, and then just SSW of Memphis by 02:00 Saturday.

Still a ways to go.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (1badf350, 1234, 3040Krag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 47 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,037
Posts18,521,025
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.