Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Posted this on the other thread but not sure how many are still watching that thread. When I saw Midway had some but sold out, I figured someone else would have some to after looking at a couple of places online, I saw that Brownell's has some. Ordered mine last night. Hopefully some of you can get to them this morning.

257 Rbts brass

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for the FYI, just picked up two bags.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got some. Thanks for the heads up👍

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Glad y'all got them!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I ordered 150 this morning. I see it's now listed as out of stock. We will see if I get it or not.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
It makes one wonder why doesn't Winchester, Remington, or others produce more in calibers like the Roberts than they do. I suspect that Win. will most likely not produce any more until next year. And this is not the only caliber. Can anyone tell me if Win. has stopped producing either ammunition or brass for the 284 Win.? My LGS has a standing order with his supplier for the ammunition and he hasn't gotten any in well over a year. I realize that wholesalers might ship out to their largest buyers though before the little shops can get any. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Brownells must have found more. It's listed as in stock again this morning.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
It makes one wonder why doesn't Winchester, Remington, or others produce more in calibers like the Roberts than they do. I suspect that Win. will most likely not produce any more until next year. And this is not the only caliber. Can anyone tell me if Win. has stopped producing either ammunition or brass for the 284 Win.? My LGS has a standing order with his supplier for the ammunition and he hasn't gotten any in well over a year. I realize that wholesalers might ship out to their largest buyers though before the little shops can get any. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

I picked up 5 bags of Remington 257 Rbts brass this past fall/winter. Cabela's had them online and I figured I'd better grab them. Glad I did. I also contacted Hornady this past winter and asked if they would consider making Rbt's brass. They indicated they'd gotten a lot of requests and were considering it. I'm really surprised they don't, given far more obscure brass they make. I'd encourage everyone that has a Rbt's to contact them and ask for its production... squeaky wheel and all.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
out of stock

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
This morning it was listed as in stock, so I picked up 100. We will see if it really is in stock or if I get the email saying they are out. I could make do with the 100 Remington cases I picked up from Paul and Butch, but sure would like to have another 100.

Thanks for the heads up.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The 150 I ordered on 8/13 came in today. I could have ordered a lifetime supply, but figured I'd leave some for people that needed it.

It's already appearing on Gunbroker. Isn't capitalism great?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate when hoarders do that crap. I wish the vendors would put a limit on the amount that can be ordered.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Mine came in today as well. Paul...that would be a good thing in my opinion, even if I do consider myself to be a capitalist...lol.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mine is supposed to show up tomorrow according to the shipping tracker.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Well, this batch of Winchester is probably the worst brass I have ever bought.

I got my brass in and got around to working it this weekend. I have to say I was very disappointed in it. I ordered 100, got 103 in. I thought that was pretty good until I started trimming to length. 10 cases with split necks, and another with a huge crater in the side I didn't feel comfortable with. I have never culled that many cases for a hunting rifle, ever

Not in the same class at all as the Remington brass I got a few weeks ago.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's been the state of the Winchester Brass lately.

I bought some 308, and most primer pockets were loose after 1 firing.

A friend had a similar experience to yours with 270 brass, including one 30-06 case in the 270 bag!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Wow...haven't checked mine yet. Now I'm not looking forward to it. I was a little late asking about some 6mm brass for sale on the buy/sell on here a couple of weeks ago. One member was kind enough to tell me that Cabela's had some in stock (Winchester). After reading the reviews on it, I passed. Wasn't in a bind for any so it wasn't any big deal. Just sad to see any manufacturer be that bad. No need for it. QC these days sucks for many manufacturers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JTPinTX

I got my brass in and got around to working it this weekend. I have to say I was very disappointed in it. I ordered 100, got 103 in. I thought that was pretty good until I started trimming to length. 10 cases with split necks, and another with a huge crater in the side I didn't feel comfortable with. I have never culled that many cases for a hunting rifle, ever

Are you going to let Winchester hear about it?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well crap, I guess I'll open the two bags that I bought and give them a look. I knew they weren't going to be Lapua quality when I ordered them but Jesus; I hope that they are serviceable without too much screwing around with them.
As for 257 Roberts cases I still have 40 "Frontier" (can't remember when I bought these) cases that are on their 8th reload.
Oh well, I guess YMMV.
Thanks for the heads up.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by JTPinTX

Are you going to let Winchester hear about it?

Probably. Maybe. Kind of a PITA for 10 cases, but if you never let them know then how are they supposed to know they have a problem?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (17CalFan, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,857 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,388
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.