Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Abbott told them to get out when they could...

Their liberal mayor, of course chose to tell people in Houston to stay where they were, that Abbott was stupid...

Now look at the mess. eek

Any loss of life serves as a prime example of democrat leadership. mad

https://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-...if-houston-needed-evacuations-1503880263

You can always tell a liberal. You just can't tell them much..

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was driving through Houston on Friday and I heard the Governor call for evacuation of Houston on the local radio, am 740.

Then, a few minutes later, they had the mayor on saying that the Governor was wrong and people should stay in place.
It is a tough call, would be hard to evacuate 2 million people.
However, as this crisis worsens, the Governor is looking smarter and smarter.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The only thing that is stupid is anyone that would make decisions about their lives and that of their families based on what a mayor or governor says.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I was driving through Houston on Friday and I heard the Governor call for evacuation of Houston on the local radio, am 740.

Then, a few minutes later, they had the mayor on saying that the Governor was wrong and people should stay in place.

Abbott was right.

However hard it is to evacuate Houston, rescuing them and the loss of life is MUCH harder.

Good to know you listen to 740.. That's all I listen to in my tractor all day. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The only thing that is stupid is anyone that would make decisions about their lives and that of their families based on what a mayor or governor says.

Bingo

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Sheep need to be told where the pens are. shocked

90% of people cannot think for themselves.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That's liberal thinking. You all clammier about personal responsibility and less government and then bitch about not having more government and need the government to protect people from themselves.

The 'Fire brain trust impresses yet again.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

That's liberal thinking. You all clammier about personal responsibility and less government and then bitch about not having more government and need the government to protect people from themselves.

I'm not doing anything other than stating fact.

I am in the fugging big middle of this mother fugger, and don't need the GD government to tell ME schidt.

You are a fugging douche of the first fugging order.

Call me a liberal agin, mothjer fugger..

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well next time folks will know what do i.e. Get the hell out of town...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He's right. 90% of the bleating sheep that populate this country can't think for themselves. But that doesn't justify the govt stepping in and doing it for them. We are going to have to leave Darwin alone at some point and let him do his thing.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
whether or not following evacuation suggestions from government meshes with our personal beliefs does not minimize the colossal bone headed decision by the black mayor of Houston. Why does he remind me so much of Ray Nagin? Black. Liberal. Narcissistic. Unable to make a rational decision.

Sam......

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Agreed

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Long time Houston residents evacuate.

Once.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Abbott told them to get out when they could...

Their liberal mayor, of course chose to tell people in Houston to stay where they were, that Abbott was stupid...

Now look at the mess. eek

Any loss of life serves as a prime example of democrat leadership. mad

https://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-...if-houston-needed-evacuations-1503880263

You can always tell a liberal. You just can't tell them much..

I believe lieberals want people to suffer and die. Anyone who kills the unborn at the rate they do has no respect for any human life.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

Agreed

I agree too.

But the fact remains that most people are sheep, and have to be told what to do. They want it. They crave it. They want the government to take care of them.

You and I are not like that, but the vast majority of people ARE like that.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought the mayor of Shreveport, Louisiana was the stupidest sounding mayor of a major city. Now I see and hear that she has serious competition in Houston. I believe that our darker citizens elect these clowns to stick it in our eye. In the nearest city to me we had a black man run against the most ignorant loud mouthed wench to ever hold a city council seat. Her opponent was well spoken, an attorney, a retired military officer, and well regarded by the community at large. But he ran in a district where these attributes were not appreciated and lost the election. To describe this council woman think of more ignorant, ugly, and loud mouthed than Maxine Waters.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I heard somewhere else that the mayor is using the difficulty factor of evacuating that many people as an excuse. It's too hard to evacuate X million people, so we didn't evacuate any. Really??? This reminds me of Ray "School Bus" Nagin.

I'll tell you one thing, a couple of hundred thousand less people stranded might make the job just a little bit easier.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 08/28/17.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I believe many remember the evacuation nightmare of Rita in 2005. When the voluntary evacuation order went out few responded. Then when things looked grim everybody seemed to bug out at once. The Governor ordered IH 45, IH 10 and US 290 into contra-flow. US 290 is a non-controlled access roadway for 95% of its route. When the DPS district rep called me at the local OEM and told me this, an de asked what we needed. I told him to start staging reefer trucks all along the route. He asked why , and I told him you're going to need a place to start stacking bodies from head on collisions. You cannot contra-flow a non controlled access roadway. He was not happy with my answer. So the roadway remained 2-way most of its route.

Just a bit of pasted trivia. Not taking any sides.

We had gasoline fights on IH 10! City of Giddings on 290 had business almost destroyed. Roadway thru town looked like a garbage dump. It was a real goat rodeo some places.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 08/28/17.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Stop frettn' the mayor of Houston will be okay.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Hurricanes are usually slow moving. When it was in the Gulf, people should have gassed up, packed up important papers, made a bug out bag, and prepared to leave 24-48 hours BEFORE it hit. They could have gone to relatives, took a vacation further west or north or even east. Many things they could have done. This is especially true if they lived in low areas, or near creeks or rivers. If they were on high ground, they should have a generator with plenty of fuel, like one that runs on propane and have a full 250 gallon tank or larger, food, fuel, candles, batteries, and a means to purify drinking water or stored bottled water and be able to cook. Most canned goods can be eaten cold, like beef stew, raviolli, tuna, and canned soups. Warming them with a camp stove or wood stove would be nicer. Frozen and cold foods should be eaten first even with a generator.

There are ways to prepare and evacuate. With hurricanes one can never tell. Ones I have been through, Elouise in 1977 and Opal in 1992 hit hard and fast. More wind damage and knocked power out both times for me 3 days, others closer to the coast took several weeks. This one not only had high wind, but lots of rain and has moved slow making rain the worst problem for now. Like Katrina, lots of rain did more damage with flooding, than the high winds.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (1OntarioJim, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 24 invisible), 1,211 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,161
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.