Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 36 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 35 36
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Latest forecast track today has it backing up and re-entering the Gulf, swinging out a bit and making a second landfall between Lake Charles and Louisiana - all this as a TS, not a Hurricane. Should be getting better.

Mike

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Jeez. I can't believe the pics on TV, it looks terrible. Praying for those folks. We are OK here... still no power on, but an angel of mercy drove down last night with a generator and 5 cans of gas for us. I got called in to the ER early due to one of the docs not being able to fly in to take his shift, so I wasn't able to make the trip up to his place to get it from him. God bless Bluedreaux.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Jeez. I can't believe the pics on TV, it looks terrible. Praying for those folks. We are OK here... still no power on, but an angel of mercy drove down last night with a generator and 5 cans of gas for us. I got called in to the ER early due to one of the docs not being able to fly in to take his shift, so I wasn't able to make the trip up to his place to get it from him. God bless Bluedreaux.

Glad you are OK!

Tom Cruise saves the day, once again!

Good deed Bluedreaux!

Spent the last few hours clearing downed trees from people's driveways that couldn't get out, and a few trees off of county roads people were trying to move around on.

Sheriff's Dept. has my number and call when I can go help clear the way for people that are stuck, or areas rescue needs to get into.

Glad to help them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Anyone heard from Jeff.. Rost?

I hear LaGrange is under water pretty good.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I heard from Rost495 about two hours ago. He's been at the Fire Station since 8:00PM Saturday night. He said that they have been doing water rescues nonstop since 03:00 this morning. He was paged to another one as we were texting. He said that Carolyn and his place are still fine.

I just heard from Sponxx, they are safe. He said that the inside of the house is now dry and that they have power and city water restored.

National Hurricane Center 07:00 Advisory said that the Eastern Gulf Shore of Texas and Western Gulf Shore of LA could see an additional 15" - 25" of rainfall before Friday.

The latest track info from Weather Underground was at 07:00 and it shows the storm making landfall again late this evening, then heading NNE, over Beaumont, then the Lufkin/San Augustine area around 02:00AM Thursday, over Oldman03's house north of Shreveport around 02:00 Friday, and then just SSW of Memphis by 02:00 Saturday.

Still a ways to go.

Ed

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Hoping you have few patients to treat today, Doc!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just saw a San Bernardino rescue boat and support rig eastbound I-40..

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yea, I saw on the local news last night that two swift water rescue teams from our area left yesterday along with some FEMA trucks.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is good of folks to come from so far away. They will probably be needed by the La. people moreso than in Texas. Most of the rescue work should be over in Tx in a couple more days.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It has been a bad deal, will remain so for some time. I'm sure most folks in Texas and LA very much appreciate all the help. Trump pretty much nailed it on TV just now! Of course, he carried Texas, Obama didn't, and therefore cared less than nothing about disasters here. Guess if you can have the taxpayers pay to move your entire family tree to Hawaii in bad weather here, it might not seem too important?

Mike

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Evers Elect. Co. El Dorado, Ark., 16 vehicle convoy passed me on I-20 Texas bound. More help on the boys.

Last edited by websterparish47; 08/28/17.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ventured out back to look at ranch fences.

Not good. About what I expected, or worse. Trees down everywhere. Water running through the pasture. Trees down on fences everywhere.

Cows are content to stay in a high and dry field here. For now. I'll keep feeding them there to keep them close.

If it was dry enough to get a tractor along the fencelines, I could clean it up relatively fast, but it's so soggy, even my Honda Rancher 4x4 was having trouble not getting stuck.

I'll dry out sooner or later...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Complete turn-around from Cruces - huh Barry?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can imagine the mess, what a pain in the ass to clean up.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Not good. About what I expected, or worse. Trees down everywhere. Water running through the pasture. Trees down on fences everywhere.

Cows are content to stay in a high and dry field here. For now. I'll keep feeding them there to keep them close.

If it was dry enough to get a tractor along the fencelines, I could clean it up relatively fast, but it's so soggy, even my Honda Rancher 4x4 was having trouble not getting stuck.

Barry,

Looks like I'll finish my last 1/4 mile of fence tomorrow here. Heading for Texas either Friday or Saturday. So if you need me to help stretch wire, Im available!!! Drop me a holler! II'l be there to help!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 08/28/17.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Slightly off subject but I highly recommend Channellock fencing pliers. Fricken' awesome and made in the USA.

And if you wait a day or two all the small debris will dry out and shake right off the wire when you go to get things tightened back up.

I know, preachin' to the choir....

Good luck getting everything back in order, Jesus what mess.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Sam, you've been dry so long - you haven't had to PULL the crap off the wire! We've burned it off a couple of times on some of our arroyo crossings. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Complete turn-around from Cruces - huh Barry?

Yeah, it actually RAINS here! laugh

Sometimes a bit too much... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Barry,

Looks like I'll finish my last 1/4 mile of fence tomorrow here. Heading for Texas either Friday or Saturday. So if you need me to help stretch wire, Im available!!! Drop me a holler! II'l be there to help!

Mucho Gracias for the offer!

But it's just too wet to plow yet.

Just waiting for it to dry up enough to maneuver.

Once it does that, I'll let the machinery do the heavy lifting! wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
They are saying 2 weeks on the electricity coming back on now.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 26 of 36 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 35, 300_savage, 14idaho, 12 invisible), 973 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,411
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.