-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
OP Offline
K
Wondering if anyone has had any issues with an X-bolt extractor not kicking the brass past the turret on a scope. What I have is a 4-20 x 50 Burris Veracity, part # 200640, and Talley medium mounts, on an X-bolt in 26 Nosler. When I eject spent brass it appears to hit the turret center towards the tube and push the brass back into the chamber. I was wondering if anyone experienced the same thing and had some recommendations on what I need to do to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by knoxville
Wondering if anyone has had any issues with an X-bolt extractor not kicking the brass past the turret on a scope. What I have is a 4-20 x 50 Burris Veracity, part # 200640, and Talley medium mounts, on an X-bolt in 26 Nosler. When I eject spent brass it appears to hit the turret center towards the tube and push the brass back into the chamber. I was wondering if anyone experienced the same thing and had some recommendations on what I need to do to fix this. Any help is appreciated.
....................I went onto the Midway site and found your scope using the part # you gave. If the pic of that scope is correct meaning it is properly porportioned, then I would say as a first observation, that your right side turret might be too oversized for the spent brass to clear properly. IF that be the case, using taller mounts would probably not work nor would re-positioning the scope either more forward or backwards because I assume you have the scope already mounted in the proper position ( horizontally and vertically) that best fits you for eye relief and eye/ cheek position.

You can try calling Browning and see what their tech support says. I am not familiar with the inner workings of the Browning push feed bolts, so I am not aware of any inner bolt adjustments that can be made to solve the problem. If you have another similar scope handy with a smaller side turret, try swapping them and see what happens. However, if the spent casings are hitting more of the scope tube than the turret, then imo something is wrong with your rifle's ejection.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

K
OP Offline
K
I will be able to move the scope slightly ahead, I have it set back a bit for my wife so she can use it for her upcoming elk hunt this weekend. It amazes me that with all the X-bolts sold and all the larger turret scopes out there that there isn't a lot of discussion about it on the web. That's what tripped my curiosity. I would think this would also be the case using a Leupold with Mark 4 turrets, not? Or other models such as an XTR or Vortex Razor.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
When I was researching the X-bolt a year or two ago this was a known issue with some calibers. It is also an issue with some of the Sako rifles.Seems like there is an aftermarket spring that fixes it sometimes, but I don't recall the details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf4tiZDcmTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cgZSzpJ3ic

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (B52RadarNav, Bigd7378, 35, big_g270, 7mm_Loco, 7 invisible), 1,522 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,446
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.