-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not really relevant to the issue at hand, but I've never written a nurse a ticket. I've always told them that I might need their help someday and I don't want them wondering if I was the cop that wrote them that ticket. By the way...slow down. We try to maintain a good relationship with the ER staff for a number of reasons and it makes everything easier. I'm sure the guys working with him aren't proud of his behavior.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Didn't say it was fake news, and certainly didn't say it was entirely fake news. Reading comprehension surely is not one of your strengths

Anyone who disagrees with steelhead the almighty, can't read can't write blaa blaa blaa or what ever stupid spelling cop bs he wants to throw at them. Get a life you [bleep]ñ loser.

H
Harry M Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by krupp
Both my daughters are nurses, if that so-called Detective had arrested my daughters I would have drawn blood from him without the needle.

My Daughter is an RN as well. The crap they put up with on a daily basis is beyond description.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Harry M

She's 100% correct, and should be commended. When the courts ruled that the police had authority to force blood from those they arrest, it was a violation of the Constitution, and basic human rights, on many levels. It involves an act of violence against someone that is presumed innocent, for one. It's also forcing someone to do what amounts to testifying against themselves.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Arrested and assaulted aren't the same thing for most people.

If it is an unlawful arrest they are the same by definition.

Exactly. If the unwanted contact wasn't supported by law, then it's an assault. The law is clear, but is generally not applied to the police, and that's wrong. The fact that it's not, is an act of tyranny.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cop needs his ass slapped with felony kidnapping charges.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by double tap
As I understand it in this case, the suspect driver hit the victim head-on, and the cop was more likely trying to obtain evidence from the victim for the possible vehicular homicide case which may result.

It is my understanding the fleeing person involved in the car chase who struck the truck driven by the unconscious patient died in the collision. That being so, what possible homicide case would apply?

The police were chasing the perp who hit the victim. Police may not have been following protocols when chasing the perpetrator and now looking for evidence to obfuscate their culpability. No other reason for collecting a blood sample from the victim that I can think of.

This bears investigating. SOMETHING had sure rattled that Cop's cage when this went down, whether connected to this incident or not I dunno.

Damn fortunate for that Cop that the nurse has been so forgiving about this so far, pretty sure he failed the "Should I be a Cop?" test on that go round.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Apparently moving to a criminal investigation with detective on admin leave...

http://fox13now.com/2017/09/01/salt...vestigation-into-arrest-of-u-of-u-nurse/

SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — As the story of a Utah nurse arrested after upholding a policy on drawing blood from patients gains nationwide attention, the Salt Lake County District Attorney is requesting a criminal investigation into the matter.

Salt Lake City Mayor Jackie Biskupski announced that as a result of the criminal investigation, the officer involved in the incident will be placed on full administrative leave.

“This is an ever evolving situation, and we will do what is necessary to fully investigate the issue, uphold the integrity of the Salt Lake City Police Department, and strengthen the trust with our community,” said Chief Mike Brown

Biskupski said: “We cannot allow an incident like this divide our community or taint the good work of SLCPD. When I learned of this unacceptable incident last night, I was outraged and will ensure it is fully and independently investigated so our community can heal.”

Alex Wubbels was arrested July 26 after she refused an officer’s demand to allow a blood draw on a semi truck driver critically injured in a crash when a suspect fleeing from police hit him head-on.

As Wubbels explained the policy and her supervisor backed her up via speaker phone, the officer suddenly declared “we’re done here” and arrested Wubbels. Video of the nurse screaming as she is dragged out the hospital and arrested went viral after it was released at a press conference Thursday.

Friday, DA Sim Gill stated he is requesting a criminal investigation after receiving numerous complaints about the issue.

“In fairness to all those involved I have requested a criminal investigation into the incident so that the District Attorneys office could screen the matter after gathering all the facts,” Gill stated. “Our office had not received any materials on the matter thus far and in the interest of justice and given the prima facie evidence a criminal investigation is warranted.”

Gill said that both Mayor Jackie Biskupski and Chief of Police Mike Brown have agreed such an investigation is appropriate.

“I thank them for their commitment to transparency and institutional accountability,” Gill states. “Injustice against one is an injustice against all. Everyone deserves a fair process and institutional accountability is our collective responsibility.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Can someone explain how this is not an illegal search and siezure and an assault during the commission of that unlawful act?

If that is the case, and it certainly looks like it to me, then can someone explain why the other sworn officers present did not act to at the very least stop the assault and as would happen in any other situaton, arrest the assaulting officer?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MILES58
Can someone explain how this is not an illegal search and siezure and an assault during the commission of that unlawful act?

If that is the case, and it certainly looks like it to me, then can someone explain why the other sworn officers present did not act to at the very least stop the assault and as would happen in any other situaton, arrest the assaulting officer?

I've literally been asking this very question here for a decade or more. I've yet to get an answer.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The detecive Pain in Salt Lake City is a first class pussy, deserves to be shot, and is just another example of a cop.

Nurses save lives!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Cop is in big trouble, A lot of witnesses on this one.

If she so desires she'll have a good payday.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm all for getting rid of DUI laws coast to coast.

Who's with me?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DUI offenders just like cops should be shot on the spot!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Add texters to that penalty

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
[quote=double tap]As I understand it in this case, the suspect driver hit the victim head-on, and the cop was more likely trying to obtain evidence from the victim for the possible vehicular homicide case which may result.

It is my understanding the fleeing person involved in the car chase who struck the truck driven by the unconscious patient died in the collision. That being so, what possible homicide case would apply?

Thanks for clarifying that, it changes the dynamic considerably!. I'd not seen that the suspect driver died, but just looked at another article that confirmed he was killed in the crash, so you're correct. With that tidbit of information, I'm perplexed as to the urgency to obtain blood from the victim driver. One of my co-workers suggested it may have had something to do with the fact the victim driver was driving a semi and would have had a CDL, which carries stricter BAC limits while driving under the CDL, but that theory seems pretty weak to me because there was still no probable cause and Utah's implied consent law had been nullified.

Seems most likely at this point it was a case of refusing to take "No" for an answer, but the detective had a duty to know he had no legal basis for forcing a blood draw from an unconscious patient, and he will now pay the piper...

Chris

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
DUI offenders just like cops should be shot on the spot!

Can we at least draw some of their blood before the execution to be sure they were drinking?

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Add texters to that penalty

What if it's a nurse texting some nurse advice to another nurse?

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag

While a payday for the nurse might sound good it just punishes the taxpayer , better that the cop be convicted of felony kidnapping & given prison time.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by 12344mag

While a payday for the nurse might sound good it just punishes the taxpayer , better that the cop be convicted of felony kidnapping & given prison time.

Mike

Yep.

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1minute, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 47 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,036
Posts18,500,707
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.