V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I like the a4 too.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BCM 16" mid length. No boutique parts, just a simple setup with known quality components.

[Linked Image]BCM LW Middy by X Ring, on Flickr

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wareagle700
BCM 16" mid length. No boutique parts, just a simple setup with known quality components.

[Linked Image]BCM LW Middy by X Ring, on Flickr

Nice carbine simple nothing to fail.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have it. 16" mid length with a detachable handle and government profile chrome lined barrel with a 2 stage trigger. It's an Armalite barrel with an Aero Precision upper and a DPMS lower with a Rock River 2 stage trigger. The bolt carrier is Aero with a Colt bolt. The furniture is Magpul. My back up is a 14.5" carbine.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wareagle700

Same here, a Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 LW, with an ALG trigger.

A set of Buis and a Sparc II on a QD mount.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's mine, high end extras too numerous to list. Eat yer hearts out!

Attached Images

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Of what I own currently it would probably be my Smith and Wesson M&P 15 OR.

I put some MagPul furniture on it not too long ago as well as an H2 buffer. It also has a two-stage RRA and a killer paint job. Aimpoint micro is the optic.

I think I bought it in 2009. It has thousands of rounds through it (I'd guess less than 10K but @ or above 5K). Never gives me any problems at all. Stays in the truck constantly. A number of months back I decided to let it ride in the uncovered bed permanently to see how it did. If you leave the EPC open it will jam up more than if you don't. But the only thing that has ever been required to get it up and running is some more oil on the BCG. It has seen hundreds (that's being conservative) of miles on dirt roads and moderate amounts of rain, hail, and snow. It has been fired and killed schit in temps from -25 to +100.

Neither the optic or rifle have failed in any way other than the aforementioned need for lube when it dries out due to heat or dirt exposure. It sees range use weekly.

A typical day in the life of my now beloved M&P.

[Linked Image]

Has been a fun experiment.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Colts for me.

90s era Colt. I convinced the bride I needed a Patrol rifle for the upcoming Y2K. smile

This one wears a super lightweight midgas pencil barrel.
All colt guts, minus the Geissele trigger
Old School 4x ACOG with traditional ranging retical
and 45 degree mounted Burris Fastfire RDO

VTAC 2 Point sling

[Linked Image]

Colt 6920 base gun
Colt guts
Geissele trigger
White Oak Precision 16" Mid Gas 7 twist barrel turned down to a pencil profile.
set up to run 77 SMKs.
Clark carbon fiber forend
Old Colt Commando/CAR buttstock
4-12 Leupold in an Aero mount currently, though when the 2.5-8 gets back from Leupold repairs shop) I will stick it on the gun.
Wearing a titanium .30 caliber Gemtech Sandstorm suppressor.

VTAC 2 point sling

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Two I could count on. Spikes Tactical built years ago. Surefire light, Eotech sight, BUIS. The other is an older Bushmaster A2, ARMS mount on the handle, with a 1-4X 30mm scope. Basic rifles. Reliable and reasonably accurate.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Mannlicher; 09/03/17.

Sam......

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't know how to post pics anymore but any of mine would suffice, I don't buy low quality parts and all of mine get tested thoroughly.

That said, I would probably grab my Colt 6920 with Magpul slimline hand guards, B5 SOPMOD stock and a Geissele G2S trigger. I'm using a DD fixed rear sight and a Streamlight TLR1 HL light mounted in front of the FSB. Simple, light weight and 100% reliable. I ditched the T2 due to my astigmatism and it surprises me how well this thing shoots even at night. Also using a K2 grip and WOTG sling.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
KAC SR-15 16" with a SuperChicken 1-4 Illuminated Reticle (have 2 actually)

or

BCM 16" upper on a built lower, with a Meprolight RDS red dot sight.

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Damn, I need a 16" battle ready weapon so I can play gi joe with you guys...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Some fine rifles here guys! Any reliability advantage for the piston driven guns? I'm with you guys one chrome lined barrels but what about chromed BCG's?

Also noticed that a lot of you are running low powered scopes or red dots without back up irons........I think irons along with a QD scope mount would be a must for me.

I've got a few AR's set up for hunting but I think it's time to build or buy a fighting rifle, so keep the posts coming!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
some how an old lw barreled old style DD V7 with a swfa 1-4, troy flip up sights, TLR 1 and one of those proctor WOG slings is kind of my favorite due to weight.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by xverminator
Some fine rifles here guys! Any reliability advantage for the piston driven guns?
X-VERMINATOR

None that I've seen.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well,
Mine was built on a Predator XT Stiller lower receiver. It has a Geissele trigger. The upper has a Shilen 8 twist ratchet barrel and was put together by John Holiger. At the present it has a 3X9 Zeiss scope. Shoots great with 77grn bullets. For the rest of the look of an off the shelf AR, I need to install a flash suppressor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Also noticed that a lot of you are running low powered scopes or red dots without back up irons........I think irons along with a QD scope mount would be a must for me.

I didn't specifically say so, but mine have BUIS & the optics are quickly removed.

MM

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Some fine rifles here guys! Any reliability advantage for the piston driven guns? I'm with you guys one chrome lined barrels but what about chromed BCG's?

I've got a few AR's set up for hunting but I think it's time to build or buy a fighting rifle, so keep the posts coming!

X-VERMINATOR

I didn't have them in my picture, but with a low powered variable I have a set of Bobro folding BUIS. When I have a red dot on the rifle, I have a set of Scalarworks fixed iron sights, set up to 1/3 co-witness with the dot.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Damn, I need a 16" battle ready weapon so I can play gi joe with you guys...

Actually, you need at least two.

One gun equals 0, Two equals 1.

And really, you need at least on AR for everyone in the house, plus a spare.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
One guys perspective, I know. Now I just keep my buis in my range bag or back pack, same as a back up bolt, spring kit, etc. My gun doesn't get worked all that hard anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NPbpNX406U

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/08/13/gunfighter-moment-frank-proctor-16/

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,777
Posts18,477,000
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.