Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 36 1 2 34 35 36
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks guys!

Sure slept well last night. For a change...

I know there's those that didn't though. I'm hoping those folks get squared away soon as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nice to see the sun again!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
The longest I've been without power was five days. Worst part was trying to keep the toilet flushed with no well pump running.

Not to change the subject but the one thing I have learned from watching the non stop media coverage....there sure are a lot of fat black folks in that area.

When Katrina hit, my daughter was still in high school. We tied everything down, got plenty of groceries and gas, etc. and after the wind died down, but it was still raining, I took all the tubs and buckets I had and put them under the eves of the house. My daughter thought I was crazy, wanted to know what those were for. I told her to wait a day or two and she would see. Sure enough, about 2 days later the water system tank was dry and she found out what all the rain water was for. Flushing the toilet.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
The longest I've been without power was five days. Worst part was trying to keep the toilet flushed with no well pump running.

Not to change the subject but the one thing I have learned from watching the non stop media coverage....there sure are a lot of fat black folks in that area.

When Katrina hit, my daughter was still in high school. We tied everything down, got plenty of groceries and gas, etc. and after the wind died down, but it was still raining, I took all the tubs and buckets I had and put them under the eves of the house. My daughter thought I was crazy, wanted to know what those were for. I told her to wait a day or two and she would see. Sure enough, about 2 days later the water system tank was dry and she found out what all the rain water was for. Flushing the toilet.

And bathing! wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
finally released from fire dept last night. 7 days later.

All I can say is I thought the searches got to me a bit, having crawled in houses and mobile homes, those mobile homes i can say I've walked in with them on every side thinkable...

But the emotions got really tough when we started letting the folks in. And seeing their emotions. The last 2 days have been mentally tough, but its not a big deal, I didn't loose a damn thing..... So I have nothing to sweat.

Can't tell you folks how sorry I feel for our local folks.

And we have no damage compared to other areas of the state.

If I went and looked in the bathtub I bet we forgot to drain it...its probably still full just in case...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for your work in keeping people safe, Jeff!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Pray for the affected ones please. Carolyn is in town volunteering again.

I"m trying to recover a bit, wash some clothes and maybe pack for Alaska before the pager starts going again.

And bellieve it or not, burn ban is lifted, but we've been running grass fires now... burn piles ignite the dry grass under all the green stuff and burns... damndest thing to see, and hard to figure out where the fire is going or where its going to pop up... drive around, if lukcy, in circles....chasing smoke and flames. I already stuck one of our grass trucks, but I'm famous for that.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah...we got 52" of rain. 26" in one day. While a couple (of the thousands) of water "rescues" we did were pretty spectacular, most of them were just water taxi rides for fat, stupid people. We've worked straight through since Sunday, and going to 12 hour shifts today. Yeah! On the other hand, homes that were flooded four days ago are flooding a second time as the Sabine and Neches Rivers crest. At least it's FRESH water. Tidal surge is much, much worse.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Yard finally dried out enough to mow!!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yeah...we got 52" of rain. 26" in one day. While a couple (of the thousands) of water "rescues" we did were pretty spectacular, most of them were just water taxi rides for fat, stupid people. We've worked straight through since Sunday, and going to 12 hour shifts today. Yeah! On the other hand, homes that were flooded four days ago are flooding a second time as the Sabine and Neches Rivers crest. At least it's FRESH water. Tidal surge is much, much worse.

LT, THANKS for all you do. I understand what you are saying. 7 days straight was enough for me. At least we are down to only having to respond to actual pages now.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
One more comment, while I'm tired and worn out.

Lots of volunteers busting their tail on the cleanup. More than I ever expected. Made me proud. EXTREMELY proud.

But one particular group, there were exceptions to the rule obviously, but they were seen where all the free stuff was/is, and were very very very absent on the work side to help others.

And they wonder why there is discontent.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I wonder what group that was???

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
I wonder what group that was???

Fuggin' Presbyterians, worthless bunch.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My brothers in-laws live somewhere around Nasa, Tx. That is almost due south of Houston and I guess it would be called part of the metropolitan area. Anyway, he was stuck down there during the hurricane and flooding. He told me that they only lost power for a day or two, got 48" of rain, and didn't flood. Whoever built the pumping system for that area knew what they were doing. He said the drainage system had no problem getting rid of the water. They were some of the lucky ones.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Death toll is over 60 now.

It's a wonder it wasn't many, many times more.

Lots of people chipped in to see that it wasn't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I pick up a new mower at Home Depot Sunday morning. A lot of people were there buying materials to repair their homes. Made me feel bad for buying a new mower when they are trying to repair their flooded homes. Some of them looked worn down.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
An electrical lineman died down here today trying to restore power.

RIP Sir! frown

Your efforts, and the efforts of your fellow linemen are not going unnoticed down here!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 36 of 36 1 2 34 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 16 invisible), 1,137 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,153
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.