Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
While there is a current thread about a SLC detective who shows extreme ignorance and contempt for a commoner. That is not what this thread and my comments are about.

My comments are about a few officers from the Salt Lake City Police Department who went to a motel owned by the Huntsman Cancer Research Center, with their K9 Blood Hound and entertained/distracted my 2 grandchildren, son and daughter in law who would spend her last month on earth at Huntsman.

Through a chance encounter at a toy store, an officer talked to my son (don't know the particulars) but I do know my sons response to a question "why are you in Salt Lake" do you have the time? My daughter in law and son had been life flighted from Reno after a sizure and stroke due to chemo and some cutting edge amino therapy, they had traveled to Huntsman 14 times for treatment.

My son indicated the young officer was about in tears after their encounter. Not long after, this officer and 5 or 6 others came to the hotel with their blood hound and spent about an hour of their time playing, talking and distracting all from current events that they were involved in. I am eternally greatful for these Officers for the kindness shown to my family!

While this thread was to be about the fine Police Officers I want to include Huntsman Doctors, Nurses, Chaplins, Social Workers and if anybody knows Jody who orcastrated the zoo trip the Aquarium animal visit to the hospital please tell her pa pa Ken, said she should be a saint!

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like some good folks. Sorry for your loss.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The image of the blood hound playing with your family has me smiling here. I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Isn't it amazing how the stink from one arsewhole can overwhelm the good from a thousand extraordinary men and women?

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Thank you for relaying that story, Knives. Sorry tor your family's loss, but I am glad to hear that they were in good care with the medical facility and the police in the area.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Great post, knivesforme! It's easy to forget the greater reality when we concentrate on a small aspect of it.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It is certainly true that no matter how attractive the bowl of punch, all the attention is on the turd.

Condolences on your loss, sir.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is very classy of you to bring this to light bearing in mind the grief from which you are suffering. I am grateful for you and those people from Salt Lake City.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Sorry to hear of your family's tragic loss. And I too appreciate hearing about the fine people who helped you and yours through that time. There should be a special place in heaven for nurses ànd hospital staff who go above and beyond to ease our pain and suffering in our most vulnerable times.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 23 invisible), 1,893 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,510
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.