Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pal
Many marriages fail for 2 reasons, accumulated hidden wrongs we do to our mates that we are afraid to admit to them, and withholding from them those things that we know we should freely give. If you can think of anything that fits this vague description, now would be a good time to get them off your chest through honest and open discussion with her.

Suspect there is a lot of truth there.
Guys that think they are tough [bleep] might be resistant to admit such, but is probably often the case.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A lot of marriages fail because the Commies have filled the women's heads so full of chit about the evils of men that they start to view their partner as the enemy.

I spent a lot of time in a relationship like that but I was too young and obtuse to read the signals. My wife at the time used extremely creative passive/aggressive behavior to signal her contempt for the male gender,...of which I was her personal representative.

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal
now would be a good time to get them off your chest through honest and open discussion with her.

Talked till blue in the face. We reach an accord and I keep my end but hers inevitably fades like the morning fog coupled with fact I've been alone here in paradise for 8 years with no less than another 5 years facing me at which point I'll be 72 if I make it that far . Quitting her job (nurse) to relocate would mean giving up her present 5 minute commute to work V. the 25 minute drive to the closest hospital here.She won't do it.

It's been a loveless, boring, mentally draining relationship for years that has required way to much work for little dividends.

I'm finished.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

I feel your pain. Sounds like you're done. Best of luck on the next chapter, brother.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sorry to hear that man. 21 years is a long time. But when it's time, it's time. it will take a bit but it gets better man, I promise.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
once it is done you will look in the mirror and say, why in the hell did you wait so long to do this

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by funshooter
Sorry to hear
It does get better with time and I agree with the 1 year thing

I was the dumped after 13 years. She ran off with what I called my best friend.

I re met someone after a little over a year and we have been together for over 24 years now.
Put a ring on her finger but have never signed the papers and probably never will.

Good Luck to you sir

No such thing as a friend when it comes to women, money and promotions! Sad but true. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Sorry to hear
It does get better with time and I agree with the 1 year thing

I was the dumped after 13 years. She ran off with what I called my best friend.

I re met someone after a little over a year and we have been together for over 24 years now.
Put a ring on her finger but have never signed the papers and probably never will.

Good Luck to you sir

No such thing as a friend when it comes to women, money and promotions! Sad but true. GW

He did end up being a good friend that I will have nothing to do with now.
She was banging him
She had secret bank accounts that I did not know about
And some how the word got spread around to all my other so called friends that I was abusing her and they all took her side until the truth came out I was even blocked from going to the Mountain man camps that we went to for about two years before the truth came out.

I had nothing when we were married
After the split and divorce I could not figure out where all this money was coming from. I was loaded.
I started looking through our bank register and noticed about 4 items every month from thrift stores but she never brought any thing home when we were together.

Her Grandmother lost her home after about 6 months with in our separation.

I figured that even though we could not afford a home of our own I was paying for her grandmothers home and she was giving money to other family members as well as Putin my money in her own secret accounts.

After the split she ran to my so called friend as fast as she could and she became his problem.

Before the divorce was even legally finished I purchased my home on the same street as they live on about 6 doors north of them. Just before I started looking at where all my money was coming from. I hoped that I could salvage a 13 year marriage (I grew up Mormon and still have some of their values) She wanted no part of that.

She wanted him more that she wanted me even tho he was older than her father is.
Well she is his problem now he had several rental properties and has sold several just to keep up with her. HA HA.

She has had mail delivered to my place and when I took it back and put it on the windshield of her car she tried to have the post office arrest me for threatening her threw the postal service twice that started 10 years after the divorce to no avail post office told her what I told her. Keep her own mail at her own address

It has been around 25 years from our divorce and the fat old hag still can not even look me in the face as I drive by there place when she is out side.

She did not age well at all.

So When it is over it is OVER

I have been with my current girlfriend for around 22 years now and she has her own baggage but we make it work because she knows if she does not like things. There is the door and no hard feeling

I kinda do feel that the Bastid that played me and took my wife is kinda a friend cus he took a very big problem off my hands and showed me that you can never ever trust anyone 100% in life.

Last edited by funshooter; 09/03/17.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Don't dump her, hump her!!!

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
What was that Bobby Bare song? About a winner? She gets older and uglier every day, but I'm a winner?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I had nothing when we were married
After the split and divorce I could not figure out where all this money was coming from. I was loaded..

LOL, that sounds familiar. I never was short of money before I was married, and have never been short of money since the divorce. In between, never had a spare dime, always borrowing, and she was making 100K plus.

She actually told me at one time she was making the money and I was spending it......

6 years later, I'm debt free, retirement is fully funded, and can't figure out what to do with this money that keeps coming in.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Get another wife, that will solve your excess money problems

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by curdog4570
you will screw up the divorce just like you did your half of the marriage..

Really ? Blow me.

That's funny. You come on an Internet forum parading your personal business like some Dr. Phil drama queen and bristle up when you are told the truth.

As far as your "request" goes, I'm a hundred percent heterosexual male. Keep asking though, we have a lot of girlie men on here.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
What was that Bobby Bare song? About a winner? She gets older and uglier every day, but I'm a winner?

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
Get another wife, that will solve your excess money problems

Marriage is a once in a lifetime gig for me.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
funny how you can think one thing and the person you spend the most time with for the biggest part of your life can think something completely different.

Wife and I had a heart to heart a few days ago and I won't get into what was said but just saying what was on our mind, not out of meanness but concern really opened things up...things that neither of us were aware were bothering each other for some time.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/03/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
you will screw up the divorce just like you did your half of the marriage..

Really ? Blow me.

That's funny. You come on an Internet forum parading your personal business like some Dr. Phil drama queen and bristle up when you are told the truth.

As far as your "request" goes, I'm a hundred percent heterosexual male. Keep asking though, we have a lot of girlie men on here.

Blow Deflave he'll love it.Stay with it till his knees buckle.

Last edited by 284LUVR; 09/03/17.

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc

Denny sorry to hear buddy!! You always spoke well of her during our talks. Godspeed.

Talked with you briefly about a BGE beyond that you should just shut the fugg up.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Talked till blue in the face.

It's been a loveless, boring, mentally draining relationship for years that has required way to much work for little dividends.

I'm finished.

sounds familiar. when you've done all you can do, and it ain't enough, time to go.

good luck,

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You're lucky..the mean ones stay around to insure that your life continues to be miserable and twist the knife until the day you die...21 years is a good effort but might not be enough for them.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,400
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.